Map Flaw Report Thread

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
Do you know of any bugs, overpowered items, or places that you shouldn't be able to get to?

If so,
Welcome to the map flaw report thread!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is for you, as players, to report any map flaws you find. This will provide staff with a much more organized way of fixing maps, as well as getting them fixed as swiftly as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't exactly know how to submit a map flaw?
It's easy!

1. Find a map flaw
2. Take a screenshot of said map flaw
3. Fill out the format posted below
4. Submit it
5. Watch it get fixed!

The screenshot is not needed, but keep in mind that it helps us immensely when dealing with map flaws. With providing a screenshot, you are giving us an idea of exactly what and where the map flaw is.

We strongly urge you to use this format when submitting a map flaw:

Name of map:
Description of map flaw:
Screenshots or coordinates of map flaw:

Using this format will make the map flaw easier to understand and again, help us with dealing with them.

Thanks for submitting flaws and thus helping contribute to Army of Darkness!

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
The bottom of the map is reachable by digging (which players like me do all the time.) There is a fair sized cave system there that is remarkably hard to find. Captain_Pikmin has informed me that this is a map error and not to go back down there. I figured I would go get a few screenies and report this so no one else abuses the flaw.
Screenshot of map flaw:
EDIT: Idk why there are numerous spoilers, I cant seem to fix that. :/ The last one is the one with the screenshots.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
The bottom of the map is reachable by digging (which players like me do all the time.) There is a fair sized cave system there that is remarkably hard to find. Captain_Pikmin has informed me that this is a map error and not to go back down there. I figured I would go get a few screenies and report this so no one else abuses the flaw.
Screenshot of map flaw:

EDIT: Idk why there are numerous spoilers, I cant seem to fix that. :/ The last one is the one with the screenshots.

Erm, and talking about AvenguardKeep, the mountain there is a mess, if more than one survivor would hide there, atleast one of them will win :L

Locate will give you very unaccurate coords, and its hard to climb. Tighter borders maybe?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Screenshot of map flaw:

Thanks for the report! Please check your inbox for some questions I have asked! Thanks!
Erm, and talking about AvenguardKeep, the mountain there is a mess, if more than one survivor would hide there, atleast one of them will win :L

Locate will give you very unaccurate coords, and its hard to climb. Tighter borders maybe?

Also, I haven't really seen the mountains as much of a problem before, but I will look more closely to see if anything needs to change. Thanks both of you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Screenshot of map flaw:

Thanks for the report! Please check your inbox for some questions I have asked! Thanks!

Also, I haven't really seen the mountains as much of a problem before, but I will look more closely to see if anything needs to change. Thanks both of you!
For my part is have been where I have been able to sit in a hole whole round with 15 players on, and no one finding me :L

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Screenshot of map flaw:

For my part is have been where I have been able to sit in a hole whole round with 15 players on, and no one finding me :L
Hm okay. Like I said, I don't usually think of the mountains as an OP spot, but I will look more closely :) thanks!

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Apparently, there is no height restriction on the map, allowing for massive and unfair towers to be built.
Screenshot of map flaw:

You can clearly see that the tower extends well above the clouds.
Again, IDK why it creates multiple spoilers, but I can't seem to fix it.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Apparently, there is no height restriction on the map, allowing for massive and unfair towers to be built.
Screenshot of map flaw:

I think this is how kuro wanted it to spice things up a little. Kuromono13? :)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Name of map:
AvenguardKeep
Description of map flaw:
Screenshot of map flaw:

Climb it like a pro :3

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Name of Map: Unknown to Me, maybe someone can tell from the Picture :)
Description of Map Flaw: So, minutes after I finish something undisclosed on the forums, I go back onto AoD only to find that there was a bug with the Spawn Generator.
Screenie of Map Flaw: http://imgur.com/PcGxk3A
P.S. I wanted to stay up there for longer than 20 seconds, but I knew that would technically break rule 2, which is, of course, don't abuse flaws and/or bugs. :2

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Name of Map: Unknown to Me, maybe someone can tell from the Picture :)
Description of Map Flaw: So, minutes after I finish something undisclosed on the forums, I go back onto AoD only to find that there was a bug with the Spawn Generator.
Screenie of Map Flaw: http://imgur.com/PcGxk3A
P.S. I wanted to stay up there for longer than 20 seconds, but I knew that would technically break rule 2, which is, of course, don't abuse flaws and/or bugs. :2
Reverence made by Guinessis.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Name of map: Relic
Description of map flaw: If you take a boat, and ride it into the edge of the world, not only will you cause a lot of lag, but it looks as if thousands of boats spawn, and break, and you get tons of wood and sticks.
Screenshot of map flaw: I meant to take a picture of my inventory after hitting the edge of the world chasing someone, and it's hard to get a screenshot of it in the process, because you lag way too much, so no screenshots available.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Description of map flaw: If you take a boat, and ride it into the edge of the world, not only will you cause a lot of lag, but it looks as if thousands of boats spawn, and break, and you get tons of wood and sticks.
Screenshot of map flaw: I meant to take a picture of my inventory after hitting the edge of the world chasing someone, and it's hard to get a screenshot of it in the process, because you lag way too much, so no screenshots available.
eeeepiiiic
That's weird, it might be similar to Colloseum, where you can ride a pig past world border

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
eeeepiiiic
That's weird, it might be similar to Colloseum, where you can ride a pig past world border
Not really, you can't go past the border, it stops you, but then it's attack of the fucking boats

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
eeeepiiiic
Not really, you can't go past the border, it stops you, but then it's attack of the fucking boats
eeeepiiiic

• Haha
Reactions: S_swimmer

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this happend to some one else, it was so many items there it lagged the fuck out of the server, and the person wasnt even aware that something was wrong, since it ghosted, so he thought he were boat riding around the whole thing, within the border. I tried to pick it up, it filled my inventory, and I still couldnt see a difference.

This may crash the server if it goes on too long :L

• Thank You
Reactions: Fruit

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Name of map: Western_Nightmare

Description of map flaw: There is a house behind the bank that has around 40-50 sheep in, and for some reason drops your fps down to 1 or 2. Incredibly annoying when trying to kill survivors.

Screenshot of map flaw: Can't take screenshots :(

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Description of map flaw: There is a house behind the bank that has around 40-50 sheep in, and for some reason drops your fps down to 1 or 2. Incredibly annoying when trying to kill survivors.

That's not a flaw, that's a feature!
I generally don't have problems with the Funny Farm (aside from the fact that people always beat me to the sword).
I kind of like all the bloodthirsty sheep, but admittedly, there's a damn ton of them
x3

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I added a sand barrier around the map boundaries. This should fix the problem x).

This is the first time I have heard of the sheep on western nightmare casing lag. The map has been in rotation for a year+ now and no one has complained about the sheep that I know of till now. It sound's like the problem might be on your end. I would suggest lowering you video setting's on mindcraft.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
I added a sand barrier around the map boundaries. This should fix the problem x).

Saw it the other day, seems to have fixed the problem, thanks scroob. :p

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

This is the first time I have heard of the sheep on western nightmare casing lag. The map has been in rotation for a year+ now and no one has complained about the sheep that I know of till now. It sound's like the problem might be on your end. I would suggest lowering you video setting's on mindcraft.
It is not on my end, nearly everyone that plays the map and goes to that area laga and end up agreeing with me. I never said it was the sheep causing the lag, I was simply using it as information to locate the area. This has been around aince the map came out, so perhaps you should check it out when it is reported :p

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
It is not on my end, nearly everyone that plays the map and goes to that area laga and end up agreeing with me. I never said it was the sheep causing the lag, I was simply using it as information to locate the area. This has been around aince the map came out, so perhaps you should check it out when it is reported :p
Jammy did check it out, but his computer is just too good to get framedrop over a few sheep. Please do not assume staff do not know how to do their jobs.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Jammy did check it out, but his computer is just too good to get framedrop over a few sheep. Please do not assume staff do not know how to do their jobs.

That is not the case, I only assumed that he did not check as even players with powerful computers have experienced an fps drop in the area. Users with a frame rate similar around 10-70 usually suffer very bad lag.