Map Flaw Report Thread

madhat99

Reaction score
Name of map: Fortress (I think I'm no good at remembering)
it's the one where you run up the stars as soon as you spawn
Description of map flaw:
There are iron blocks that you can mine! (two of then that I know of)
they are part of a fridge two levels up.
Screenshot of map flaw: Umm...... if you REALLY need one I can get one but I don't have one right now.
I'm sorry that there isn't much info here...
but I need to go
if you need more I can post more later!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Fortress (I think I'm no good at remembering)
it's the one where you run up the stars as soon as you spawn
Description of map flaw:
There are iron blocks that you can mine! (two of then that I know of)
they are part of a fridge two levels up.
Screenshot of map flaw: Umm...... if you REALLY need one I can get one but I don't have one right now.
I'm sorry that there isn't much info here...
but I need to go
if you need more I can post more later!
Ack, that'd be Stronghold, I think. As if Survivors aren't OP enough already. :roflmao:
It might be intentional; a bonus for crafty players with sharp eyes, but then again, it might not.
Guinessis?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
eeeepiiiic
That's weird, it might be similar to Colloseum, where you can ride a pig past world border
Not really, you can't go past the border, it stops you, but then it's attack of the fucking boats
eeeepiiiic
Possible on Contamination too, but not always. I'd be against putting an ugly sand wall up, since it only flips a shit if you have a lot of speed (hard to do on this map) and hit the worldborder. Otherwise it just pops you back

• Agree
Reactions: Fruit

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Feels wierd to be reporting my own map, but... whatever. :p

Name of Map: DogFight
Description of Map Flaw: WAY too many mobs in the kits. When there are a few people, this wouldn't matter, but with AoD's normal player number, it gets to be crazy.
Screenshots of Map Flaw:

I think the way to fix this would to limit all Survivor kits to only 3 dog eggs instead of 5, and limit all Hunter kits to 3 zombies instead of 5.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Description of Map Flaw: WAY too many mobs in the kits. When there are a few people, this wouldn't matter, but with AoD's normal player number, it gets to be crazy.
Screenshots of Map Flaw:

I think the way to fix this would to limit all Survivor kits to only 3 dog eggs instead of 5, and limit all Hunter kits to 3 zombies instead of 5.
I honestly find the chaos quite fun. Surviving takes skill at dodging whirlwinds of mobs and crazy terrain (different from hoarding items and slaughtering, which is main skill of the people who would probably get sick of this; they can't kill everything in front of them, so they pout :p )

• Agree
Reactions: Cstar

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Screenshots of Map Flaw:

I honestly find the chaos quite fun. Surviving takes skill at dodging whirlwinds of mobs and crazy terrain (different from hoarding items and slaughtering, which is main skill of the people who would probably get sick of this; they can't kill everything in front of them, so they pout :p )
It may be fun, but with 15+ players on it lags both the server, and players that doesnt got the best PC's

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Colourido
Description of map flaw: The sacvenger kit is too unOP, and the spawn is wrong. Here is the coords where the right spawn should be
x: -251 y: 73 z: -260
And here is what I want the scavenger kit to be
-WOODEN_SWORD
-LEATHER_CAP
-GOLDEN_CHESTPLATE
-LEATHER_TROUSERS
-DIAMOND_BOOTS
-COOKED_FISH|8
Screenshot of map flaw: I dont think I need a screenie, but if you must have one I could get one.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Name of map: AvenGuardKeep
Description of map flaw: The mountains don’t only have good hiding spots.
You can also fall into countless of holes you can’t get out of after you’ve fallen in.
I think someone should take 30-60 minutes of their time and fix all those +2 deep holes in.
I even saw a hole near one of the corners that goes 8 blocks deep...
1.) you cannot escape or youll be banned for pillaring
2.) Water bucket won’t help either.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
You can also fall into countless of holes you can’t get out of after you’ve fallen in.
I think someone should take 30-60 minutes of their time and fix all those +2 deep holes in.
Well, I feel as if the point of the map is not to hide in the mountains, so if you go in to the mountains, it's on you to get out. The other Staff may feel differently about this, and if they feel that this is an issue that should be addressed and changed, I'd be more than happy to help out and fix these holes.

As for the 8-block deep hole, well, it seems silly to make a fix on that as well. If you go into the mountains and get stuck in that, then it's on you to get out. Just like I said earlier.

And you don't get banned for pillaring. You get killed. :D
And if you find some way to get past the anti-pillar plugin, you get warned. But I don't think I've come across a ban from Army of Darkness for Pillaring too much.
Thanks for the map flaw report though, and I'm sure the other Staff members will address it if they see fit. :)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I feel as if the point of the map is not to hide in the mountains, so if you go in to the mountains, it's on you to get out. The other Staff may feel differently about this, and if they feel that this is an issue that should be addressed and changed, I'd be more than happy to help out and fix these holes.

As for the 8-block deep hole, well, it seems silly to make a fix on that as well. If you go into the mountains and get stuck in that, then it's on you to get out. Just like I said earlier.

And if you find some way to get past the anti-pillar plugin, you get warned. But I don't think I've come across a ban from Army of Darkness for Pillaring too much.
Thanks for the map flaw report though, and I'm sure the other Staff members will address it if they see fit. :)
If I recall right there was added zombie spawners up there to keep survivors from going there.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

If I recall right there was added zombie spawners up there to keep survivors from going there.
Yeah, but the zombies are just as bad at mountain parkour as the players

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net

Yeah, but the zombies are just as bad at mountain parkour as the players
Zombies? The zombies i always kill with 4 hits from an iron sword down the mountain that cause no other harm than annoying hunters trying to reach survivors? Yeah... Those zombies...

Kuromono13

Reaction score
The point of the zombies is to aide the hunters by preventing survivors from spawncampimg etc. The spawners in the mountains are to discourage travel into the mountains. If you would so want it. I would propose a camping timer so that survivors must move to stay alive. Also the holes are there because this map was made to be a bit unfair. It was to make the map harder, an attempt to bring harder maps into the rotation again. I AM currently in the process of adding two new maps to the submissions page. You can bet they will be hard ones as well.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Name of map: Buildbox
Description of map flaw: In one of the chests there is 3 grass blocks, 3 saplings and 3 bonemeal so you can't really grow a tree.
Screenshot of map flaw: Not really needed in this case since there's only about 6 chests in the whole map and I am telling the truth xD

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
The point of the zombies is to aide the hunters by preventing survivors from spawncampimg etc. The spawners in the mountains are to discourage travel into the mountains. If you would so want it. I would propose a camping timer so that survivors must move to stay alive. Also the holes are there because this map was made to be a bit unfair. It was to make the map harder, an attempt to bring harder maps into the rotation again. I AM currently in the process of adding two new maps to the submissions page. You can bet they will be hard ones as well.
We already have something in place, Anti-camping, that kicks in near the end of the round. At approx. 3 or so minutes, players get 60 seconds to move a certain amount of blocks or they will be teleported in to the air, given wither, and die. :p

G

Guest35486

ppetroff found this flaw as a Hunter. I did not witness this but he asked me to report it.
Description of map flaw: If you pillar, you get rocketed and end up on the top of the map
Screenshot of map flaw: N/A

• Thank You
Reactions: Natsu

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
ppetroff found this flaw as a Hunter. I did not witness this but he asked me to report it.
Description of map flaw: If you pillar, you get rocketed and end up on the top of the map
This doesn't really matter, as the player dies from the wither effect anyways. XD
Nevertheless, thank you for reporting this matter! =D

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
This doesn't really matter, as the player dies from the wither effect anyways. XD
inb4 finds milk if that even works

Reactions: Henry

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
inb4 finds milk if that even works
The player dies from the fall damage, and there aren't any milk buckets on the map. XD