Map Flaw Report Thread

Reaction score
Name of map: Dragonwrecks
Description of map flaw: The hunters are not given swords when they respawn but they are given tnt, flint and steel a pork chop and 3 enderpearls. Survivors are able to get iron swords and a blast protection X chestplate near spawn completely blocking the damage taken from tnt. The only option a hunter has is try to punch the survivor to death
Screenshot of map flaw:

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Description of map flaw: The hunters are not given swords when they respawn but they are given tnt, flint and steel a pork chop and 3 enderpearls. Survivors are able to get iron swords and a blast protection X chestplate near spawn completely blocking the damage taken from tnt. The only option a hunter has is try to punch the survivor to death
Screenshot of map flaw:
I guess you never broke the ice over the chest at spawn yet x)? Anyways there is a chest right by spawn that only hunters can break into and it has swords in it.

Reaction score
Screenshot of map flaw:
I guess you never broke the ice over the chest at spawn yet x)? Anyways there is a chest right by spawn that only hunters can break into and it has swords in it.
Huh, I've never even seen it there

superhalo6

Reaction score
Name of map: Oasis
Description of map flaw: Multiple iron swords including a sharpness iron sword + chain armor + lava being used to block the tunnel, [which is a kill chute in itself] kits not being balanced[First hunter gets iron sword + chain rest get wood sword/leather and chain + stone sword] while survivors will always have better gear and vines block arrows leaving cannonfodder hunters to vainly attempt to kill survivors.
Screenshot of map flaw:

Last edited:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Name of map: Oasis
Description of map flaw: Multiple iron swords including a sharpness iron sword + chain armor + lava being used to block the tunnel, [which is a kill chute in itself] kits not being balanced[First hunter gets iron sword + chain rest get wood sword/leather and chain + stone sword] while survivors will always have better gear and vines block arrows leaving cannonfodder hunters to vainly attempt to kill survivors.
Screenshot of map flaw:
Fix: Give the hunters better armor (chain maybe?), and make thet spawn with normal iron swords, which is just slightly worse than what the humans got. The lava is is in hunter kits, so they should be more careful with it x)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Name of Map: Forest
Description of Map Flaw: Almost all useful chest items easily and greatly overpower all hunter kits.
Example (hypothetical): one chest contains two iron ingots, a stone sword, bread, and a chainmail chestplate.
Example (part 2, literal): All hunter kits are either A. normal bow, no armor, and 16 arrows, B. Stone sword and nothing else, or C. Wooden sword, Wooden pickaxe, and 32 dirt.
As I recall reading on the AoD forums, the chests in a map must not give gear that over powers hunter kits by a great deal (chest = iron sword/kit = stone sword + gold chest plate = OK, Chest = diamond sword and chestplate/kit = stone sword and gold plate = NOT OK) and this map does not meet this requirement... misses by about a mile.
Screenshots: even if I did take them, I have no means of uploading anything at this point in time. That, or I just don't know how the internet works.

Name of Map: Forest
Description of Second Map Flaw: Timers are too short to give hunters a fighting chance.
Screenshots: same deal as the flaw above: I don't know how to upload anything to the internet.

I acknowledge the warning sign at the bottom saying this thread is over 30 days old, but enough is enough, I'm tired of this sloppy map killing my fun every other time I play it.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Apparently on Flashback when you go past the world border it can spawn you underneath the map. Hasn't happened to me but katman46 had some trouble with it.

http://imgur.com/fwkPzus

Link because I can't figure out how to make a picture show up on here :(
Question: Is the screenshot from in-game? Neither of those items should be available in the map :s

Iggish

Reaction score
Name of Map: Herenya
Description Of Map Flaw: Beside the stairs of the houses are pretty looking flowerbeds and they add a nice touch to the map but if you fall into them...... there's NO WAY OUT!

I played one game of herenya today and in that short time TWO people got stuck and they both died because of it. I was one of them. You can't break the flowers so you can't get out and your enemies can just pick you off with a bow, you can't even fight back for long because you generally spawn with a low number of arrows.

This is a nice map but this one flaw ruined a whole game. I think it should be fixed.

(I'm sorry I couldn't put a screenshot in. Since I am new to the forums I have no idea how to can someone please take them for me or tell me how? :help:)

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Name of Map: Herenya
Description Of Map Flaw: Beside the stairs of the houses are pretty looking flowerbeds and they add a nice touch to the map but if you fall into them...... there's NO WAY OUT!

I played one game of herenya today and in that short time TWO people got stuck and they both died because of it. I was one of them. You can't break the flowers so you can't get out and your enemies can just pick you off with a bow, you can't even fight back for long because you generally spawn with a low number of arrows.

This is a nice map but this one flaw ruined a whole game. I think it should be fixed.

(I'm sorry I couldn't put a screenshot in. Since I am new to the forums I have no idea how to can someone please take them for me or tell me how? :help:)
Fixed? Might have missed one or two. Only modified the ones that were next to stairs and could easily be fallen into.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish
Reaction score
Name of Map: Haven
Description: A derp on my part. I accidentally placed the trapdoor the wrong way around and now you can't get up onto this house's roof without breaking the trapdoor which takes a while. The trapdoor should be facing the other way around.
Screenshots: [spoilerbb]
[/spoilerbb]

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish

Catcocomics

Reaction score

Description of Map Flaw: another case of underpowered hunter kits: Hunters only get some things including iron axe, sharp 1 gold sword (best weapon for hunter kits), bows and arrows, weak splash potions, and a mixture of gold and leather armor. What can the survivors get? chainmail, iron swords, iron armor, hell, even some diamond gear. Plus an enchantment table. Essentially, the hunters drop like flies.

Screenshots: none, but this is kit/equipment issue.

Suggestion to Remedy: give hunter kits a minimum of chainmail and sharp 1 stone sword for most or all kits, so that 1 person will not be able to rampage through 5 hunters without dropping below 5 hearts.

• Thank You
Reactions: chicken23456789

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score

Description of Map Flaw: another case of underpowered hunter kits: Hunters only get some things including iron axe, sharp 1 gold sword (best weapon for hunter kits), bows and arrows, weak splash potions, and a mixture of gold and leather armor. What can the survivors get? chainmail, iron swords, iron armor, hell, even some diamond gear. Plus an enchantment table. Essentially, the hunters drop like flies.

Suggestion to Remedy: give hunter kits a minimum of chainmail and sharp 1 stone sword for most or all kits, so that 1 person will not be able to rampage through 5 hunters without dropping below 5 hearts.
Should be fixed.

• Thank You
Reactions: chicken23456789
Reaction score

Thanks for bringing this up. I was going to ask to get this fixed. Also can the survival time be upgraded to 10 minutes.