Reaction score
Votecount 4: They Came, They Saw, They Voted
Infected_Alien8_ - HKCaper, Vatumok [L-5]
HKCaper - Unusual_Dood [L-6]
Aqua - Fog [L-6]
Everyone - Timdood3 [L-6]
Timdood3 - Aqua [L-6]
Vatumok - Alisha [L-6]

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 6 votes to no-lynch. If hammer is not reached by the deadline, nobody will be lynched.

In addition, here's a deadline for Day 0:

Click here for Day 0 Deadline

Good Skele

Reaction score
Mostly just intuition, there's not much I can go off so early in the game. With skele for example I would've expected him to post something already if he wasn't scum.
My apologies vatumok, I had quite a tiring rehearsal and just came home!
But I have quite the same situation here and can't really decide right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatumok

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ ur being incredibly quiet for the amount of information going on, sure u don't want to stick ur dick in this cake?
imagine being awake before 4pm

if you want my opinion on the theory crafting, i think most of the suggestions are plausible except like converting town to 3p since i think stranger would likely consider that unbalanced. but in general, given this is stranger's first game without a co-host there's a lot of room for theories that might have flaws in them since everyone's first game is flawed somehow, so imo plenty of the theories people have suggested are possible even if they don't seem fully balanced

i could see alisha's idea being a thing with the idea behind the setup being that the devil gets to choose his team from the sinners based on who they are as a person + the abilities they're offering, maybe with extra measures in place for balance like the devil has to meet a certain requirement before they can accept someone's deal. for example the devil could have to do certain things to unlock the ability to recruit another teammate, e.g. give up his investigation immunity to unlock teammate 1, place the first vote of a lynch that goes through to unlock teammate 2. and maybe if devil is lynched day 0 they auto recruit 1 sinner so that the game doesn't end immediately, and maybe there's town roles that stranger thought would help keep the alignment conversion from being too OP e.g. 2 cops or something.

i could also see sessy's idea of the devil being 3p and having both town + mafia sinners trying to make deals with them being a thing, with the drawback being something like making them vulnerable to being silenced for a day, or it works kinda like the epicmafia alien role where they get marked for the devil after taking the deal and if all players left alive at some point in the game are marked, the devil steals the win, and that's what the drawback is

i could also see the devil being maf with two 'voodoo community' roles as its mafia team already, and that making deals is a mixture of good/bad for scum/town.

maybe the devil can force you to making a deal using the voodoo roles - though i don't think that has to be the case, and i could see stranger just thinking players would sometimes opt to making a deal with the devil themselves - since whilst you, aqua, wouldn't ever risk it, you can't assume that stranger thought everyone would come to that same conclusion

ultimately i think plenty of possibilities are possible at this point, i dont think spending all day discussing it is gonna get us far this early in the game so i'm mostly putting my attention on scumhunting

wow look who's downplaying all the knowledge of mafia mechanics they have!!!

unvote
vote Vatumok
same this post rubbed me the wrong way too

If you're not the devil ingame then you are at least the devil IRL ?
All I'm saying is I'm not really used to the way of chatting on forums and wild setups that these closed forum games can have.
I did give some of my reads already. To add to that, sessy, hk and skele seem most sus at this time. It would make sense for there to be like 1 devil and perhaps 2 teammates in a 12p game.
even if you're not used to it i think you'd ordinarily be easily able to judge what seems plausible/contribute ideas for how the setup could be so this feels like a fake excuse to me

also skele hasn't even said anything other than saying hi right at the start ?

Mostly just intuition, there's not much I can go off so early in the game. With skele for example I would've expected him to post something already if he wasn't scum.
why?

• Informative
Reactions: BetaPanda

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
i wasnt complaining about you, i was accusing vat of giving a fake read on you since you'd not said anything of substance yet
"Fake read" is a strange word to use here IMO. Also I am much more interested in whether you agree with my reads rather than explaining people why. Obviously there is not much to go off but throwing suspicions at people for small things can kickstart discussion and test reactions.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Fake read" is a strange word to use here IMO.
why is it a strange word to use

i don't believe you genuinely find skele scummy, so i believe it's a disingenuous opinion/fake read

Also I am much more interested in whether you agree with my reads rather than explaining people why.
no I don't agree with them, hk/skele are neutral for me, sessy feels slightly town but feels too early for me to have any kind of confidence in that, it's just an early gut feeling

Obviously there is not much to go off but throwing suspicions at people for small things can kickstart discussion and test reactions.
so are you saying your read on skele was just to test his reaction and isn't genuine?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Fake read" is a strange word to use here IMO. Also I am much more interested in whether you agree with my reads rather than explaining people why. Obviously there is not much to go off but throwing suspicions at people for small things can kickstart discussion and test reactions.
This statement in itself sounds kind of contradictory.
Your goal is to start discussion.
But you're not interested in explaining reads, but only care if people agree.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
That's IMO how mafia is supposed to be played, set up a theory of who's scum (team) based on combination of process of elimination and seeing who looks weird. Then explore that theory by posting reads about them and seeing how people react around them. Doesn't mean that I am confident in em either but at least it's something to work with for now. Of course when I have new info I will change my stance again.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
This statement in itself sounds kind of contradictory.
Your goal is to start discussion.
But you're not interested in explaining reads, but only care if people agree.
It's not contradictory, it doesn't give me information to explain to you why I think that way, it does give me information what you think about the people in my lists. I'm not asking for people to build a case against skele or to defend him with arguments but I'd like to see where people stand as almost no one else has posted reads.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's not contradictory, it doesn't give me information to explain to you why I think that way, it does give me information what you think about the people in my lists. I'm not asking for people to build a case against skele or to defend him with arguments but I'd like to see where people stand as almost no one else has posted reads.
Ah, I think I misunderstood. You meant that you're not interested in explaining your own reads. I thought you meant you weren't interested on hearing others' explanations.

But I think it's more productive overall to determine solid town players rather than try to pick out a full mafia team on Day 1

As such, I have no scum reads, but am confident that Alisha is town, and to a lesser extent, Aqua and Inf. (But I always naturally trust inf so don't take that one too hard)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That's IMO how mafia is supposed to be played, set up a theory of who's scum (team) based on combination of process of elimination and seeing who looks weird. Then explore that theory by posting reads about them and seeing how people react around them. Doesn't mean that I am confident in em either but at least it's something to work with for now. Of course when I have new info I will change my stance again.
i don't take issue with sharing your reads and seeing people's reactions to them, i take issue with your read supposedly being skele being scummy, since i find it hard to believe you genuinely think that. at first that was since i thought you were finding his content scummy, in which case my reaction was that he'd only posted this:

Well, good morning folks :DDD
at that point in the game, so the read felt fake, maybe since you were just faking reads to look town without putting too much thought into it

but you then elaborated by saying it was because you'd expect him to post sooner as town, but you still haven't explained why that is, and i also find that reason hard to believe since skele is inactive usually regardless of role and i cant imagine he's much different in discord

• Agree
Reactions: sessybessy

Good Skele

Reaction score
but you then elaborated by saying it was because you'd expect him to post sooner as town, but you still haven't explained why that is, and i also find that reason hard to believe since skele is inactive usually regardless of role and i cant imagine he's much different in discord
except I'm no longer really in discord

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's not contradictory, it doesn't give me information to explain to you why I think that way
also, if this is the reason you aren't explaining your skele read - sure it might not be beneficial to you to explain to others your reads, but you're not the only town in the game, it gives the whole town team information and the more information every town is able to get the better

Status
Not open for further replies.