Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The point I'm trying to make here is that there was once a game that had many third parties in it.
I'm not saying that's the case for this game.
I feel like that's irrelevant to the context of this game tho - I don't see who one could balance this with the potential outcome in mind that nobody makes a deal or everybody makes a deal. If that game was like this one way or another one side would likely have 0 point of playing/chance of winning. Plus, I assume your game had 3rd parties with their own goals and objectives, right? If all the sinners became survivors they would have 0 reason to impact the game.

It also completely goes against the flavour of the game and just doesn't really make sense idk.

the point that I was making was going down this route is just gonna derail the game with nonesense theories and distract and confuse players.

Reactions: sessybessy

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm just crafting theories at this point because its what I do, I don't fully understand mafia game mechanics (despite playing several games lmao) so I opt to throw in theories and suggestions as a way of getting my thoughts across.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I feel like that's irrelevant to the context of this game tho - I don't see who one could balance this with the potential outcome in mind that nobody makes a deal or everybody makes a deal. If that game was like this one way or another one side would likely have 0 point of playing/chance of winning. Plus, I assume your game had 3rd parties with their own goals and objectives, right? If all the sinners became survivors they would have 0 reason to impact the game.

It also completely goes against the flavour of the game and just doesn't really make sense idk.

the point that I was making was going down this route is just gonna derail the game with nonesense theories and distract and confuse players.
So we're in agreement here that sinners being able to swap alignment is silly. Am I reading that right?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm just crafting theories at this point because its what I do, I don't fully understand mafia game mechanics (despite playing several games lmao) so I opt to throw in theories and suggestions as a way of getting my thoughts across.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about general mechanics.

• Thank You

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We don't need a cop or a doctor, for all we know the devil team needs people to make deals with the devil
Well... if the mafia can make kills anyway surely these PRs are important for survival purposes?

So we're in agreement here that sinners being able to swap alignment is silly. Am I reading that right?
I think the idea of town sided people changing alignment is silly... I mean it could be a cult kinda thing like a Mason role, but I don't see them becoming mafia / anti-town.

Also, I am intrigued as to why you referred to the "town" people as "SINNERS" the only players so far to claim to be sinners are you and Alisha, and we have no proof that these are town sided roles? ?

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Aqua and sessybessy

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Yes and no.

Assuming sinners get to choose to make the deal I find switching alignments highly unlikely - it's possible if there was some form of hypnotist role which I still do believe likely exists regardless of what deals with the devil do, but even then it still seems unlikely.

If alignment switching is plausible however it would definitely be swapping to a mafia alignment, not a neutral 3p

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, I am intrigued as to why you referred to the "town" people as "SINNERS" the only players so far to claim to be sinners are you and Alisha, and we have no proof that these are town sided roles? ?
I didn't refer to the town as a whole as sinners. I'm referring to the role, which is town-sided. At the very least, I am town sided, and I believe that Alisha and I have the same basic role (we may have access to different abilities via our potential deals) and thus that she is town-sided as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
@HKCaper I think she's calling you out ?
I join games with the intention to lurk day 0 and then get susped by infy.

I gotta read this mess again later, vibes on alisha are iffy. Why are we jumping the gun to bait people into (partly) claiming? I'm getting the feeling some of us know something more about the setup, ill look into that.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Well... if the mafia can make kills anyway surely these PRs are important for survival purposes?
You've got to remember fundamentally mafia does not need PRs to run, sure they make the game more interesting and exciting but mafia can and does work with vanilla townies and vanilla mafia. I'm 99% confident we would be able to win without making deals with the devil but I have no idea how impactful the negative outcome of making said deals would be. It just isn't worth the risk if we could win anyway.

winning harder doesn't come into the equation.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Aqua, Alisha and Timdood come over to me as town-aligned for now at least. I'd be fine with lynching most people besides them. I don't have much experience with forum mafia so I don't have too many ideas about setup but it does seem like devil is main enemy faction, whether that's mafia or strong 3rd party. The idea of sinners turning into members of mafia seems quite unlikely to me, giving the devil/mafia special power actions or bonuses seems more reasonable. Perhaps town gains PR actions by making deal with devil and giving mafia PR actions too.

• Agree

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Vatumok has played a lot of Discord mafia and so I expect him to have a more complete idea of what he's doing than that last post he just made. It feels very filler and doesn't offer any new ideas, just reinforcing what everybody else has said and downplaying his own experience in mafia games. Yes Discord is different so he's technically correct in that assertion (though he played a couple ancient mafia games here once!), so in conclusion that last post gives me scum vibes.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Vatumok has played a lot of Discord mafia and so I expect him to have a more complete idea of what he's doing than that last post he just made. It feels very filler and doesn't offer any new ideas, just reinforcing what everybody else has said and downplaying his own experience in mafia games. Yes Discord is different so he's technically correct in that assertion (though he played a couple ancient mafia games here once!), so in conclusion that last post gives me scum vibes.
If you're not the devil ingame then you are at least the devil IRL ?
All I'm saying is I'm not really used to the way of chatting on forums and wild setups that these closed forum games can have.
I did give some of my reads already. To add to that, sessy, hk and skele seem most sus at this time. It would make sense for there to be like 1 devil and perhaps 2 teammates in a 12p game.

• Winner
Reactions: Alisha
Status
Not open for further replies.