Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If you're not the devil ingame then you are at least the devil IRL ?
All I'm saying is I'm not really used to the way of chatting on forums and wild setups that these closed forum games can have.
I did give some of my reads already. To add to that, sessy, hk and skele seem most sus at this time. It would make sense for there to be like 1 devil and perhaps 2 teammates in a 12p game.
I mean apart from me obsessively theory crafting I don’t see what would deem me sus at this point?

I get that it may seem like I know more than I do but I’m genuinely just trying to throw my thoughts out there on to ‘paper’

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I mean apart from me obsessively theory crafting I don’t see what would deem me sus at this point?

I get that it may seem like I know more than I do but I’m genuinely just trying to throw my thoughts out there on to ‘paper’
*and to add*

the whole saying that skele is sus when all they’ve said so far is ‘Good Morning’ is just...odd? There’s nothing to read from that at all...

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So @town what is the overall position on sinners then?

Personally I'm pretty convinced that scum will either have to target sinners or have some way to force them into deals with the devil, if that is the case I would still be pro a Tim or Alisha lynch today - it would give us info and would allow town to apply all their efforts on protecting the other sinner until we know more about the set up.

What does everybody else think regarding that matter?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not planning on it, no.
what's your reasoning?

Personally I'm pretty convinced that scum will either have to target sinners or have some way to force them into deals with the devil, if that is the case I would still be pro a Tim or Alisha lynch today - it would give us info and would allow town to apply all their efforts on protecting the other sinner until we know more about the set up.

i think we don't know enough about the setup to waste 1 of our 2 lynches where we're able to make a mistake on a sinner when i don't scumread either of them atm, we should save that for when we have a bit more room for mistakes i.e. once we've lynched a scum

sure you could be right and lynching sinner could help us significantly but equally you could be wrong and mafia just need sinners to die

if i had a list of scumreads of equal confidence and one was a sinner then sure id go for that one, but above all else i want to lynch scum since we at least know for sure that isn't a wasted effort (but most likely i'll want to no lynch today, depending on how confident i feel on people)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what's your reasoning?

i think we don't know enough about the setup to waste 1 of our 2 lynches where we're able to make a mistake on a sinner when i don't scumread either of them atm, we should save that for when we have a bit more room for mistakes i.e. once we've lynched a scum

sure you could be right and lynching sinner could help us significantly but equally you could be wrong and mafia just need sinners to die

if i had a list of scumreads of equal confidence and one was a sinner then sure id go for that one, but above all else i want to lynch scum since we at least know for sure that isn't a wasted effort (but most likely i'll want to no lynch today, depending on how confident i feel on people)
woops i meant to delete that part since i realized we're never gonna be in a position where id prioritise lynching a sinner instead of someone i think is scum i dont think

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score

I agree with you and also think that Sinners could potentially be able to make a deal with the devil for some sort of night action (or even day action if those are possible) the consequence could be a vote block the next day perhaps? I can’t think of any other consequences tbh

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I know this already has been pointed out/disuessed by based on the "devil and his friends" it suggests devil is part of the mafia team, or at least know who they are. Also based on the introduction it seems like the Devil only needs to claim sinners souls and not saints, so that may give a clue about how many sinners there are to make it balanced. I would say there probably is 5-6? I think the doing a deal with the Devil will probably give some sort of smaller consequences, however, if the Devil gather all souls they win. I assume dead people do not count to the 'claiming all souls', so if that's the case with only a few sinners trading the others might die and lead to loss.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score

If their goal is to target us, why are you trying to help them do that?
It's not like you would learn the "consequences" to making deals because we don't know them.
It doesn't make sense to sacrifice a sinner "so that we can then protect the rest of them." Not lynching a sinner is protecting a sinner.
what's your reasoning?
As it stands we have no indication of the consequences other than them being "unexpected." And I don't feel that my potential boons (I'm going to continue to call them that) are worth that yet.

And I've been stewing for a while now and I've reread my role a few times over the last ~day, and I do actually think there could be some merit to making a deal today. Initially I thought that a sinner would be forced to use their boon as soon as they got it, but that's not the case. They can be held, and multiple deals can be made in a row.
With this in mind, I'm going to be honest and say I don't think it's wise to further discuss whether or not we'll make deals because I think it's better to keep the mafia guessing as to whether or not we're active threats to them at night.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
With this in mind, I'm going to be honest and say I don't think it's wise to further discuss whether or not we'll make deals because I think it's better to keep the mafia guessing as to whether or not we're active threats to them at night.
I think it's fairly obvious the mafia know when you make deals with the devil

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
They'll know a deal had been made, they won't know by who if I'm correct about the devil not being in their night chat.
I mean I agree that the concept of a secret hitler devil is plausible, however I really don't think an assumption with no basis should have that much influence on an unnecessary aspect of the game that will more likely throw

If deals can perpetually be made that makes me even more concerned in regards to the negatives the provide. It really feels like a bait in order for you to make the deals and I am strongly against it unless town votes in favour of sinners doing so at random.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
stick ur dick in this cake?
Dickcheesecake?

i could also see
good job you went to specsavers

going from town to scum means throwing away everything else i did in the game
I mean it’s day 0 so what exactly would you be throwing away? I feel this is a bit of an exaggeration. ( I underlined as this is like the only actual game relevant quote)

if the Devil gather all souls they win
bonus of being ginger is I have no soul to be taken <3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean I agree that the concept of a secret hitler devil is plausible, however I really don't think an assumption with no basis should have that much influence on an unnecessary aspect of the game that will more likely throw

If deals can perpetually be made that makes me even more concerned in regards to the negatives the provide. It really feels like a bait in order for you to make the deals and I am strongly against it unless town votes in favour of sinners doing so at random.
Saying it's an unnecessary part of the game assumes the mafia isn't more powerful than a 'standard' mafia.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Saying it's an unnecessary part of the game assumes the mafia isn't more powerful than a 'standard' mafia.
the odds may be less in towns favour than normal mafia but unless we physically cannot win without using them it's unnecessary, and I'm pretty sure a bait to play in mafia's advantage

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tim joins the possibly becoming evil club

aqua i demand an apology and acknowledgement im the queen of mafia thanks
Alright listen, I'm not saying I'm gonna make a deal.
I also don't believe in the whole alignment switching thing.
All I'm saying is "hey, the benefits are a little better than I first thought."

• Disagree
Reactions: Alisha
Status
Not open for further replies.