Mafia Lite V1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Okay, I just really, really wanted to make a really awesome, overly-dramatic final post that made no sense whatsoever, or at least some sense, which I hope was the case, and I hope I succeeded in doing.
However, I’ll just make this post to make it more concise / explain better / whatever.

I’m not going to place who I vote for, as I know it is futile especially since I know, or at least strongly believe 77 is the mayor, and since his vote counts twice, neither of us has very much any power in the sway of how the outcome turns out, besides placing our defenses and such.

Honestly, as said above, I don’t have a defense. There really isn’t many ways to show that I, or anyone for that matter who is telling the truth or not, unless they openly show themselves to by Mafia in an obvious way, as shawnachu did earlier, so I cannot answer this really, but I will attempt to.

---I was kind of oblivious that Road was suspicious of you balloon until I looked back at the previous page after I came back from a bus ride, but I can see why you would think I would be suspicious of Mafia, because it could have been a tactic to place some blame on you for wanting to kill him off.
---But road already made some good points: Why would you kill road instead of 77, who obviously is the mayor, and would be a much wiser kill to be with as a Mafia instead of road himself, so I’m a bit curious about that.
And I’ve been saying that road is most likely innocent, and tried protecting him from Defiant earlier in the round, so I don’t see why, If I was Mafia, would want to kill him off instead of 77, who has much more power.
---And I mentioned this the previous day before road was killed that shaw was most likely showing himself as Mafia obviously to have the other member gain the remaining townspeople’s trusts, But I feel that post may have been overlooked by some people regarding the topic, so I feel it has some relevance right now.

Both posts, this one and the over-dramatic one above has some points, but I don’t really have much to say.
I just wish 77 good-luck in choosing the right person to lynch: either I, or Monsieur Balloon.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Don't kill meee but, I am going to vote JKangaroo. It was SO hard to pick one of you two but Road was suspicious of JK. I wasn't.
Im leaning towards everyone but JK.
woah woah woah hold on a fucking second

you are NOT the mayor

you are NOT me

bro

bro

77_is_the_best

i was considering you for scum just based on your post behavior, but it was too risky day one

looks like balloon and i had the right suspicions after all

and suddenly this post make sense

gj just throwing your "two votes" in so early with reckless abandon, hoping you can quick kill the wherewolf. if you were going to softclaim mayor you could have at least acted like one day 1.
Trying to take balloon down with you so JKangaroo wins for mafia?

Again
road, aren't you jumping to conclusions here? balloon and i are perfectly in the clear. it's you and 77 that look like you're colluding with each other
So I think JK killed road knowing that I thought that he was a goodie. Shawn put as much suspicion on balloon as he could before he died. So the final vote of Mafia Lite V1 will be a Double vote for JKangaroo!

If he's not mafia I'll jump off a cliff xD

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
\o/ GG. I guess. Even though I didn't get to do anything. But I helped get people talk at the beginning, which helped sorta!

Though, the last vote became a little obvious. balloon is at least an adequate player, and wouldn't make such faulty decisions such as supporting shawnachu like they did if they were the mafia. Furthermore, balloon as mafia may have even defended their beliefs the next day. However, balloon accepted their mistake, helping their case out. As well, shawnachu buddied way too much with balloon with little reasoning.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For Mafia Lite V2 (ETA: After Alpha's game is done)
  • No last will from any roles
  • More power roles and the player count upped to 14-16
  • Bodyguard replaced with Doctor
  • Inspector replaced with Cop
  • Power roles added: Cultist, Granny, Cthulhu, Gunsmith (uncertain)
  • Same paced game (i.e. done in less than a month)
Thoughts, improvements?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
For Mafia Lite V2 (ETA: After Alpha's game is done)
  • No last will from any roles
  • More power roles and the player count upped to 14-16
  • Bodyguard replaced with Doctor
  • Inspector replaced with Cop
  • Power roles added: Cultist, Granny, Cthulhu, Gunsmith (uncertain)
  • Same paced game (i.e. done in less than a month)
Thoughts, improvements?
  • Yes. Please. Thank you.
  • Matters on set-up. More people = longer game and a little bit more being lost, as many players will be away and not talk much, leading to confusion on who to lynch. May want to give the village a bigger boost if larger set-up. Also, roles such as werewolf and serial killer can be a little more frustrating, as it takes a very long time for them to kill off every other role.
  • Matters on set-up. Doctor can allow more strategy for town, as the cop can reveal themself and the doctor can protect them. Adding hooker always counters this strategy though, as the hooker can hook the cop if they reveal themself.
  • Matters on set-up. Allows the mafia to have more freedom of what they wish to be. For example, if you added the Godfather, he could pretend to be the doctor, instead of just the citizen. Cop is less needed if mafia does not have framer/lawyer/godfather roles, as it changes less.
  • Cultist is good/bad. Can cause very short games. Granny is a good thing for PRs to watch for, but adding a role that can counter the granny (e.g. Yakuza) can be a good idea sometimes. Cthulu will be hard to use, as the player may not see they have to speak gibberish. Generally not even meant for serious games that often. Probably could be replaced with Silencer, as it would make more sense so the player isn't forced to slam his fist into the keyboard to show he is Cthulu'd. Gunsmith is good. Maybe add thief in as well so that the gunsmith is more careful. Also, decide how the gunsmith will shoot. They can PM you, but it won't shoot until you log on, but only have a half chance of being revealed. Or, they can say it out loud, but would reveal them.
  • I liked the pace of the game, as it moved very quickly.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Well darn.
I knew I was going to be eaten out in the end after shaw give himself off as apart of the Mafia, thought I tried to make up for it, there really wasn't much to do as we already knew 77 and road were fairly innocent, and it really only came down to me, Dess, and Balloon, and I felt Dess would've investigated Balloon most likely that night, so It was a hard-fought battle.

Tried to pull some heartstrings in that overly-dramatic post, and hopefully had gotten 77 to vote for Balloon, because there really was a large gap of suspicion between us, and was kind of relying on 77 trusting me the day before, but I think that kind of changed in a single post from balloon. ;)

Oh well! Twas' a great game.
And twas' the first Mafia game I have lost thus' far.
Well done.

shawnachu

Reaction score
oh dear, gg

i was riding off the fact that you guys would think i was inexperienced enough to accidentally soft-reveal my mafia partner

Status
Not open for further replies.