Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
WELCOME TO MAFIA LITE V1.
Once again, the rules to remind you all
  • Under no circumstances may you edit your post. Double-posting is allowed, however.
  • Inactive players will be given one warning, then kicked and replaced.
  • If you're dead or not playing, don't rate posts.
  • All roles were randomly selected.
  • All game chat must be kept here or in the faction conversations I sent you all.
  • During the daily lynch, bold your vote otherwise it won't count.
  • Roles that talk in conversation may only speak during the night.
  • All roles are allowed a last statement except the inspector.
  • NO PHOENIX WRIGHTALDSJFALDSKFJALDKVNAOISDF
Roles
The Town
The Villager
  • Wins if all Mafia and Soloists are dead.
The Mayor
  • Same as Villager but can choose to vote twice for the same person in the daily lynch.
The Inspector
  • Can inspect 1 player per night. Their role will be revealed to the Inspector in the morning.
The Bodyguard
  • Can protect 1 player per night. If the player who the Bodyguard protects would be killed that night, the Bodyguard is killed instead.
The Pretty Lady
  • Can distract 1 player per night, blocking their action. The targeted player will receive a message if targeted saying 'The Pretty Lady came to you that night! You were distracted!'. If the Pretty Lady attempts to distract the Werewolf, the Pretty Lady will be killed.
The Mafia

The Mafia
  • Both Mafia members must PM me with their target plus the member who will kill the target.
  • Strikes after the Werewolf but has priority over town actions except Bodyguard.
The Soloists

The Werewolf
  • Can kill one person per night
  • Takes priority over all other actions i.e. If a Mafia member was to target the Werewolf and the Werewolf was to target that Mafia member, the Werewolf would kill the Mafia member.
  • Will kill the Pretty Lady if the Pretty Lady comes to distract the Werewolf.
Roster
Sploorky
Alpha102 (Average Ted)
Dessern5 (Calico Jack)
77_is_the_best
shawnachu
JKangaroo
balloon98
The road to ruin (Jericho the Skinned Steve)
DarthLego5679 (Sith Lego)
Defiant_Blob
All players, please watch this thread.
The game will begin will all players have responded saying they have received their role. Please reply as soon as possible so we can get started. Day 1 will begin as soon as all players have replied to their PMs and all power roles have chosen their targets.
NIGHT 1 BEGINS.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
All the kills make sense. Alpha and Sploorky are both experienced players. However, DarthLego's pick doesn't really matter, as roles aren't chosen by how experienced you are.

I suspected the mafia/werewolf both have played previously.

Also, if the Inspector found out who the mafia/werewolf is, I suggest they say so now before they die.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
It is always hard to decide the first day: as we really have no basis to go on besides really basic assumptions and guesses, but as this is a short game, I believe if we do not do something in the next 2 turns, the town will loose, so we will have to be careful in deciding who to lynch this day, or not lynch at all.

I agree with Defiant that the killer was most likely a person who has played the game before, as killing Alpha / Darth / Sploor, who are all particularly skilled in the game, was a decent tactic. However: pretty much everyone here besides I believe shawnachu have played a round of Mafia, so I feel wary on basing evidence on that.

Still looking at the deaths of Alpha / Darth: I understand and know that yes, sometimes it is best to kill off some of the more powerful players early on to give yourself an advantage (speaking of the Mafia/Werewolf), however, as in any game of Mafia, the roles are random, so killing good players are not as beneficial as in a different game, so a bit confused there.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment, so I'll sit back and see what everyone else comes up with in the mean time. Also: Good-luck folks in this Mafia murder mystery!

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just to add, Darth (Pretty Lady) was killed by visiting the Werewolf. If the Pretty Lady chooses to visit the Werewolf, it will be cancelled out and the Pretty Lady will be killed. The other two deaths were chosen by the Mafia or Werewolf.

• Informative
Reactions: The Road to Ruin

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
All the kills make sense. Alpha and Sploorky are both experienced players. However, DarthLego's pick doesn't really matter, as roles aren't chosen by how experienced you are.

I suspected the mafia/werewolf both have played previously.

Also, if the Inspector found out who the mafia/werewolf is, I suggest they say so now before they die.
Heyo folks, Pretty Lady here with my last statement. Werewolf is Defiant. You'll thank me later. Don't believe anything he says to the contrary, because I went to distract him and got killed for my pains. You actually have someone to lynch on Day 1 for once.

So in closing: Kill Defiant now. And remember, I have no reason to and therefore have not lied.
(checked the rules, only the inspector is not allowed a last statement)

Oh yes, one more thing.
Kill. Defiant. Blob. He's the werewolf.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
last statement:
Be EXTREMELY careful what you do with this knowledge!

Option 1: Killing Defiant_Blob-BENEFIT: Defiant_Blob is dead, no chance of killing anyone night 2. DRAWBACK: The mafia will kill another civilian. Result: 2 Mafia left, 3 Civilians left.
Option 2: Saving Defiant_Blob-BENEFIT: The mafia *should* kill Defiant_Blob, it would be the smartest manuver to them, because Defiant can target the mafia as well. If you choose to save Defiant_Blob for this night, this day would be an extra chance to finding one of the mafia. DRAWBACK: Defiant gets another move at night, likely killing another civilian, BUT possibly killing a mafia. If that happens lynch him day 2. Result: (If you lynch mafia) 1 Mafia left, 3 Civilians left. (If you didn't get a mafia) 2 Mafia left, 2 Civilians left. Game over.

Option 2 is the riskier option, but it can lead to greater rewards if you do lynch a mafia. Option 1 is for playing it safe, which actually sounds like the better option now that I think about it a little more. Or you could combine both options and probe around first in this day, and then lynch Defiant.

Defiant-I wish things didn't go this way for you. You haven't been at the right place at the right time in a while.

Mafia-You're in a good position this day, as the focus is not on you. Despite being on different sides, work with the town on this day.

Town: I showed you the alternative to killing defiant, and it is riskier and is based on an assumption the mafia would do. You cannot afford one mistake, otherwise you lose. Good luck.

Well, Ted is going to die now. Hurk....blargh.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Ugh I dont know exactly what to say to this. Right now It seems like the best option would be to take a wild stab and see if we can get somebody else out, I agree with what alpha said in that the Mafie should kill Defiant tonight. Other wise they risk one of themselves. We could go and hope for the best with no kills for the villager side. So right now I will have to put it as we have 6 choices on whom to lynch. Me, road, shawn, 77, ballon and jk.
Right now I think I will go with 77_is_the_best your instant vote for defiant just seemed a bit to hasty to me. (I know you havent seen alpha's post though.)

shawnachu

Reaction score
yeah this is my first game

however taking a wild stab sounds like a really shitty idea
-hit town: 66%

-hit town and WW kills town: 40% (GAME OVER)
-hit town and WW kills mafia: 13%
-hit town, WW kills mafia, other mafia kills WW: 13% (best case scenario, but again only 13% chance)

-hit mafia: 33%
-hit mafia and WW kills town: 26% (1-3 again)
-hit mafia and WW kills mafia: 6% (WIN)

i'd much rather lynch the ww today and take a definite 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.