Kami's Realm - Survival Multiplayer

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
thorns is absolutely broken it basically does half of the damage you deal back to you
iirc it can actually exceed that; the damage is standard based on the level, and a higher level increases the likelihood of being hit back.

Go ahead and remove notch apples and poison potions, possibly the strength potions as well.
Personally, while the enchanted golden apples are massively powerful, I'd say that the sheer cost balanced out the huge buffs it offers.

I found this plugin which can set limits for individual players and separate enchantment levels, and also apply caps to individual items. It also scales the 30-level range to match the new maximum. Even if nothing remotely similar is used, it's probably a neat sort of mechanic to have in some way shape or form.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Such is life as SMP Director.

I'm under the opinion enchantments should be at least toned down (Capped at lvl2 or something) but I think it's quite unfun when PVP is brainless and solely based on the gear somebody has.
This is probably the most sensible I have seen to now, tone down enchants, cap them at a level, but still have them. And PvP related enchantments are the only one that should get touched really, the other ones dont bother anyone. When taking a look at enchantments, some pots should also get nerfed, if possible, Strength like the pre 1.6? was balanced and good, where it making you deal one more hearth damage, and golden apples (The OP ones) would of course also need a good nerf. Invis potions are not that OP regarding PvP, but quite good when raiding, so that is a different story.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
one more thing to add to the pvp discussion and the non-believers

thats a video of a server i used to play on (hcsmp) where if you died you would be banned for the rest of the month, so you can potentially get banned for 30 days. as you can see, it's fully vanilla aside from spawn protection and combattag, and these people are fully equipped (prot iv, sharp v, op-ples) and we can see the fight go from the 2:30 mark all the way to 11:40 in a 3v1 (that is 9 minutes of 3v1 and no secured kill with some relatively decent pvp'ers and high stakes)

like is smp even a server i want to play on if that's how long pvp takes

Excepted

Reaction score
Just a quick suggestion:

Is it possible to give new players a PvP shield for say, their first hour on the server. I'm all for PvP but being constantly killed outside spawn by players with full diamond armor just isn't fun. I want to PvP after I've built my house etc.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Just a quick suggestion:

Is it possible to give new players a PvP shield for say, their first hour on the server. I'm all for PvP but being constantly killed outside spawn by players with full diamond armor just isn't fun. I want to PvP after I've built my house etc.
One problem is that another player can toss them food, armor, and a weapon and they'd be invincible for a good hour. Maybe base it off of when they first hit a player? So then that's when their "pvp shield" would be disabled.

• Agree
Reactions: Lux and Catcocomics

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
One problem is that another player can toss them food, armor, and a weapon and they'd be invincible for a good hour. Maybe base it off of when they first hit a player? So then that's when their "pvp shield" would be disabled.
Well it can go both ways, just like humans without tools trying to attack hunters on AoD - "Hunter has deflected your attack" or something along lines

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Excepted

Reaction score
Maybe, but then players could get away with never hitting anyone which spoils the fun for me, I want PvP to be common just not when you're starting out on the server. As for being given stuff by other players I don't think it would happen often other than between friends etc, also if you already have a PvP shield for an hour there aren't many threats to you anyway other than mobs so I don't think it would be too unfair but that's just my opinion.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't the enchanted ones cost 8 blocks of gold?
Yep

I don't think a grace period plugins gonna work out too well. Guy could be stalked by some other dude anda as soon as time's up, he gets annihilated.

All for the enchant/potion nerf plugin. Maybe reduce to 2 or 3 tops.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Yep

I don't think a grace period plugins gonna work out too well. Guy could be stalked by some other dude anda as soon as time's up, he gets annihilated.

Remove diamond/iron swords or double HP of players or make permanent Resistance II (Or even III) effect on server.
Problem solved.

Excepted

Reaction score
Yep

Fair point about grace period but how often would that actually happen though? I think it would happen a bit but it would be less common than people camping at spawn to kill new players. I think the majority of players would benefit from a grace period.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Remove diamond/iron swords or double HP of players or make permanent Resistance II (Or even III) effect on server.
Problem solved.
Of all these, doubling HP is the only one I could really agree with.
Remove iron and diamond swords, and you're basically at full power as soon as you get a stone sword (plus fights would take a little longer).

Permanent reistance II or III = permanent 40% or 60% immunity to damage of most kinds (which could really make a fight last longer, and it doesn't take any longer to get back to full health.

And then, doubling the HP of players also seems a little excessive. Perhaps give them 4 to 6 extra hearts at most.

Now, a 1-hour pvp protection that wears off the moment you hit someone could work, but I have a better Idea (because often, you could combo unsuspecting players and get a free kill with little to no effort):
When new players choose their clan, have them taken straight to their clan's spawn/main area. This will also encourage some people to live closer to their clan's main area.

Excepted

Reaction score
but we don't know if the spawn will be camped by hoards of people with diamond armor
No we don't. What I'm suggesting is that players have a bit of breathing space when they start out. I used that example because it was something that happened on SMP4 (to me anyway) but like I mentioned before I think it would be good for players to be able to set up without ending up in fights which are just an inconvenience.

EDIT: only just seen the sending them straight to their clan base idea. I think it's good as long as clans have lots of resources nearby which Im sure they will.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hmm... Oak63 JtTorso
Will Kami have sort of lobby, where you pick your pois- clan, and you get teleported to clan's spawn?
This way you could avoid spawn camping altogether. TNT had something like this, so it should be possible.
Well Thankfully I can answer this! :D
We have thought about this and decided that its in the best interest to provide something like a taxi service via enderdragons.
That's right! We've tamed the big bad boss himself!
You will need coins however that you can gain via certain methods.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
We have thought about this and decided that its in the best interest to provide something like a taxi service via enderdragons.
Hmm so looks like we have spawn in center of map... unless enderdragons can cross dimensions.
Are there restricted to clans zones, like on LoP, or its free form like on JtE?
Are clan spawn point forming pentagon?

Here is theoretical picture to show what I mean by "clan spawns forming pentagon"
Black dots are clans spawn points.

Edit: Hopefully they picked different seed..

Unrelated edit: If it was on Tekkit forum then:
Wood would be Life
Air would be Gas
Water would be Liquid
Earth would be Solid
Fire would be Plasma
...Because Tekkit are much more technology oriented than us :p

Last edited:

paceboys

Reaction score
YO WHY DID YOU REMOVE YOUR TAGGING ME YOU NEED TO GIVE ME SOME CREDIT FOR COMING UP WITH THIS YOU NERDS

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
thorns is absolutely broken it basically does half of the damage you deal back to you
That would explain why I thought it was poop, I usually only get hit by zombies and spiders.
Just a quick suggestion:

Spawn camping is generally against the rules, and camping players for pvp purposes usually more so. And we usually have these rules because...
If only we could just trust players to not be absolute asses to new players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ever the optimist, mr. blob. :)