Kami's Realm - Survival Multiplayer

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Q1: When is the server opening?
→ We will be releasing the server to the public on March 10th.

Can't be server released after meeting recap on Friday 6th or 13rd March? Servers were usually released on Fridays.
It is bit cruel to release server, when everyone here are at work or school.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Just wondering how "hardcore" the PvP rules are going to be so a few questions

1. What will be the rules regarding griefing
a. Can we destroy a dirt block above a chest to raid it?
b. Can walls of bases be destroyed with pickaxes/TNT/other
c. Can resource blocks (ie iron blocks, gold blocks, etc) be destroyed and taken from other bases

2. Regarding base building...
a. Will bases have to meet building standards to be realistic? (ie floating bases or water covered bases?)
b. Will bases have to fit a specific theme acording to their clan (ie air cant have underwater bases)
c. Can areas be protected/claimed and if so is there a maximum size this can be

3. General sever questions
a. Is this going to be heavy PvP focused (ie faction/raid servers) or more survival focused
b. do clans have any advantages that they either each have individually or a weakness to others (ie water beats fire?)

Hoping this becomes a bit more faction/raid like then previous servers. Looking forward to this and might try to get back into minecraft.

In the meantime, im gonna start planning a build/base idea i tried on another server, just gonna fix it up depending on the answers to these questions

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
This post should here (It was in meeting recap):
Hmm so it looks like you can reach full potential easier. Hopefully Fire Protection IV or Fire Potions remains, so you can be more fire proof.
Enchanting as whole becomes more civilian thing than military with these changes.

Enderman are being removed for various reasons. Enderpearls will also be unavailable. (Enderchests will still be available.)
Rip The End and eyes of enders. Looks like The End portals may be removed as well, unless they are changed to tp you into your clan spawn or world spawn.
This means that walls will be much more useful, also you can poke one square holes for archers!

Here are SMP spoilers:
Meeting Recap said:
Kami's Realm

For lack of a sub-forum currently, you can check out our balance changes to pvp here http://bit.ly/1EepH4B
You can also check out our latest spoiler here: http://bit.ly/1LkJjnE

Promotions
Keep an ear out for staff apps, we might be opening them soon.
Demotions
--
Warnings
--

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have an idea regarding blazes and endermen.

Instead of simply removing them, why not make it so that enderpearls can't be thrown or won't teleport people, and make potions of strength (any tier, any duration, by use of command blocks that are in the spawn chunk) disappear/get replaced with awkward potions when put into a player's inventory?

[Edit]: better yet on the enderpearls, just have a command block in spawn chunk that executes thrown enderpearl entities.

• Disagree
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I have an idea regarding blazes and endermen.

Instead of simply removing them, why not make it so that enderpearls can't be thrown or won't teleport people, and make potions of strength (any tier, any duration, by use of command blocks that are in the spawn chunk) disappear/get replaced with awkward potions when put into a player's inventory?

[Edit]: better yet on the enderpearls, just have a command block in spawn chunk that executes thrown enderpearl entities.
Hmm that would have to be powered with clock to continuously activate command blocks, and whole machine would have to be encased in bedrock all way down under spawn, so no players would ever reach it.
Also commands from command blocks should be hidden from players view, so they won't know, that redstone blocks are working all time.

paceboys

Reaction score
I'd like to bring another topic up. I hit you all with some sick maths the first time, now I've got actual physical demonstrations.

This time, it's all about: Potions.

Let's start with harming.

Here you can see all of the different damages harming 2 potions do to various armors. Guess what. 12 damage flat rate. Nothing can save you from harming potions, you're just dead. Pretty neat! Here's what it costs to make one of these nukes: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Spider Eye x2, Brown Mushroom x1, Sugar x1, Glowstone x1, Gunpowder x1. That might take about ~30 minutes to be able to make about, 27 splash harming 2 potions. Doesn't take much skill to be invisible, walk up behind someone, and throw 2 potions when they stop moving for ~2 seconds.

Movement speed is next.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKxdjIcYk9xeNtW8/giphy.gif
(imgur stopped letting me upload things)

I know, I know. This isn't really the greatest representation, but you can kind of time it yourself if you feel inclined to. This one's not too major of an issue to be honest, but it certainly makes chasing a whole lot easier. My above example of chasing people with harming/poison pots relies heavily on speed, but slowness will do the same thing. Slowness is a 15% slow while speed is a 20% increase, so I'm going to list the materials to make speed pots rather than slowness. Here's the longest list you've ever seen: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Sugar x1, Redstone x1. This will take less time than the others to make, and you don't even need as many. It's just a general annoyance, especially if knockback/fire stay in the game this gives a defender no chance of holding the attack.

Moving on to poison.

Poison's terrible too. If you have a speed potion (as I covered above) you will have enough movementspeed to hit your target with a poison potion, wait for them to stop taking damage yet still have poison particles (meaning they're at 1 hp) and punch them for the easiest kill of your life. To make one of these MONSTERS OF SKILL, you need: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Spider Eye x1, Redstone x1, Gunpowder x1. Once again, this might take around ~30 minutes to get 27 of (I pick 27 because you can make 3 with the above ingredients, and they are generally found in bulk, allowing you to make 27 with 9). Basically you put in 0 work and do 420k damage. Can you say, BALANCED?

Now we're up to feather falling.
I know, it's not a potion.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKx9s03EMr5V3BMQ/giphy.gif

Alrighty. This is a 20 block high pillar, tested with all types of feather falling. It will allow you to survive nearly any drop you will come across while fighting, leaving your opponent to watch you run (especially since the only thing keeping this in check were pearls, which were removed). I've always been against the 'grind2win' playstyle of many MANY players of this game, but prot/sharp got toned down so maybe this will be too? People also like to make traps, which are pretty easy to avoid, but this enchantment makes those useless as well. This isn't one of the biggest issues that I've covered, but it's up there.

As a sidenote, I firmly believe that flame/fire/knock/punch should be disabled, but most people think knockback is useless and I don't have any concrete reasoning for fire to be removed other than the fact that I hate it, but I'll try to get some proof soon.

i'm actually excited about this SMP's PvP now instead of dreading some guy getting fully enchanted diamond by day 3.
Sorry but we've got much more to worry about before this server turns into an anti-skill grinding race. These changes will eliminate the majority of the problems that I've noticed would have an immense impact on PvP in this server.

I'd love to hear most people's responses/thoughts on the topic, and I'll try to get better at making gifs for next time.

EDIT: Trying to fix images. The embed thing isn't working with imgur albums. Made a new gif with them all in one like the movement one.
EDIT2: I did it, they should be ok now.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Guess what. 12 damage flat rate. Nothing can save you from harming potions, you're just dead.
Except for protection enchantment (and possibly resistance). However, before you can brew potions, you need a brewing stand, and unless they remove blazes, these will be a fair challenged to acquire. However, since the highest level of protection we're getting seems to be 1, I'll be fine with tier 2 harming being removed.
Hmm that would have to be powered with clock to continuously activate command blocks, and whole machine would have to be encased in bedrock all way down under spawn, so no players would ever reach it.
Spawn chunk is protected from non-op players by default, and if you use a comparator clock, then the entire machine, which will be fairly small, will produce next to no lag. Just keep it out of view from non-op players. you can further decrease lag generated by the clock by adding permanent light sources (because for whatever reason, sudden changes in light cause more lag than moving entities and particles).
Moving on to poison.
YES! Please remove these! Any time someone uses splash poison on/near me in AoD, it ruins the round for me!

I've always been against the 'grind2win' playstyle of many MANY players of this game
People also like to make traps, which are pretty easy to avoid, but this enchantment makes those useless as well.
First of all, non-defensive player traps are basically insta-kill-steal-everything-you-have machines, particularly ones that are disguised as some kind of useful facility.
Unless a trap is used for defending a base, I deem it cheap and kind of lazy.

Second, feather falling probably won't save you from pit-of-death type traps, as they are usually deeper than 20 blocks (in fact, pit-of-death tend to be 30-50 blocks deep, depending on location and how much effort was put into building them.
Now, feather falling can and usually will save you if you fall into a ravine (which you could easily become trapped in during a fight), but if you're fighting, say, on a giant mountain or even on a sky-base or something like that, even a full set of feather falling 4 armor won't save you if you fall from clouds or higher to sea level.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I'd like to bring another topic up. I hit you all with some sick maths the first time, now I've got actual physical demonstrations.

This time, it's all about: Potions.

Let's start with harming.

Here you can see all of the different damages harming 2 potions do to various armors. Guess what. 12 damage flat rate. Nothing can save you from harming potions, you're just dead. Pretty neat! Here's what it costs to make one of these nukes: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Spider Eye x2, Brown Mushroom x1, Sugar x1, Glowstone x1, Gunpowder x1. That might take about ~30 minutes to be able to make about, 27 splash harming 2 potions. Doesn't take much skill to be invisible, walk up behind someone, and throw 2 potions when they stop moving for ~2 seconds.

Movement speed is next.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKxdjIcYk9xeNtW8/giphy.gif
(imgur stopped letting me upload things)

I know, I know. This isn't really the greatest representation, but you can kind of time it yourself if you feel inclined to. This one's not too major of an issue to be honest, but it certainly makes chasing a whole lot easier. My above example of chasing people with harming/poison pots relies heavily on speed, but slowness will do the same thing. Slowness is a 15% slow while speed is a 20% increase, so I'm going to list the materials to make speed pots rather than slowness. Here's the longest list you've ever seen: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Sugar x1, Redstone x1. This will take less time than the others to make, and you don't even need as many. It's just a general annoyance, especially if knockback/fire stay in the game this gives a defender no chance of holding the attack.

Moving on to poison.

Poison's terrible too. If you have a speed potion (as I covered above) you will have enough movementspeed to hit your target with a poison potion, wait for them to stop taking damage yet still have poison particles (meaning they're at 1 hp) and punch them for the easiest kill of your life. To make one of these MONSTERS OF SKILL, you need: Nether Wart x1, Glass x3, a space of water, Spider Eye x1, Redstone x1, Gunpowder x1. Once again, this might take around ~30 minutes to get 27 of (I pick 27 because you can make 3 with the above ingredients, and they are generally found in bulk, allowing you to make 27 with 9). Basically you put in 0 work and do 420k damage. Can you say, BALANCED?

Now we're up to feather falling.
I know, it's not a potion.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKx9s03EMr5V3BMQ/giphy.gif

Alrighty. This is a 20 block high pillar, tested with all types of feather falling. It will allow you to survive nearly any drop you will come across while fighting, leaving your opponent to watch you run (especially since the only thing keeping this in check were pearls, which were removed). I've always been against the 'grind2win' playstyle of many MANY players of this game, but prot/sharp got toned down so maybe this will be too? People also like to make traps, which are pretty easy to avoid, but this enchantment makes those useless as well. This isn't one of the biggest issues that I've covered, but it's up there.

As a sidenote, I firmly believe that flame/fire/knock/punch should be disabled, but most people think knockback is useless and I don't have any concrete reasoning for fire to be removed other than the fact that I hate it, but I'll try to get some proof soon.

Sorry but we've got much more to worry about before this server turns into an anti-skill grinding race. These changes will eliminate the majority of the problems that I've noticed would have an immense impact on PvP in this server.

I'd love to hear most people's responses/thoughts on the topic, and I'll try to get better at making gifs for next time.

EDIT: Trying to fix images. The embed thing isn't working with imgur albums. Made a new gif with them all in one like the movement one.
Flame/fire works pretty much like poison - but it can kill you.
Also Protection enchants seem to weaken effects of potions - Harming II and Poison II weren't that damaging for full Prot IV diamond set.
So toning down Prot set actually made these pots more op.
Conclusion: get rid of Harming and Poison potions.

Here is test will full prot I harming I poison I:

So basically group of invisible people can win against even most tougher pvpr using potions.

Last edited:

paceboys

Reaction score
Except for protection enchantment (and possibly resistance). However, before you can brew potions, you need a brewing stand, and unless they remove blazes, these will be a fair challenged to acquire. However, since the highest level of protection we're getting seems to be 1, I'll be fine with tier 2 harming being removed.
We've got enchants limited to Protection 1, which reduces the damage by ~2 (1 heart). They said in their thread that brewing stands will be still be made available, but if the peak equipment takes about an hour to get, it won't matter if it takes a few days to get potions. No one would be able to do anything against them no matter how much time they had.
First of all, non-defensive player traps are basically insta-kill-steal-everything-you-have machines, particularly ones that are disguised as some kind of useful facility.
Unless a trap is used for defending a base, I deem it cheap and kind of lazy.
You don't have the ability to call people who make and hide a trap lazy when you argued against the removal of enchantments for multiple days, sorry x).
Second, feather falling probably won't save you from pit-of-death type traps, as they are usually deeper than 20 blocks (in fact, pit-of-death tend to be 30-50 blocks deep, depending on location and how much effort was put into building them.
Now, feather falling can and usually will save you if you fall into a ravine (which you could easily become trapped in during a fight), but if you're fighting, say, on a giant mountain or even on a sky-base or something like that, even a full set of feather falling 4 armor won't save you if you fall from clouds or higher to sea level.
I picked a random rate to start all of the drops at. I've got no clue what feather 4 boots will keep you alive in, but I'm well aware it's over 20 blocks, especially seeing as in my example I was left with 6.5 hearts. Your second example is far too specific for me to try to respond to, that's like saying if you're stupid enough to fight in water then the water breathing enchantment is overpowered... just don't be dumb and fight in idiotic locations, nothing needs to change for that to still be a beneficial word of advice.
Flame/fire works pretty much like poison - but it can kill you.
Also Protection enchants seem to weaken effects of potions - Harming II and Poison II weren't that damaging for full Prot IV diamond set.
Flame/fire doesn't do nearly as much as poison; not even close to poison actually.

Protection 1 is the highest we can get to, and the effects aren't diminished enough for it to be balanced.

serious question: what isn't broken in pvp
I'M VERY GLAD YOU ASKED! Iguana and I have just made some videos showing the opposite of your question.
TL;DW: Plain swords, bows, and armor are balanced in PvP. The limited enchantments are a good start, but potions are also extremely unbalanced.

EDIT: Very well aware that godapples are disabled, this was a generic example to demonstrate the effects, not meant to be a server-specific example.

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
We've got enchants limited to Protection 1, which reduces the damage by ~2 (1 heart). They said in their thread that brewing stands will be still be made available, but if the peak equipment takes about an hour to get, it won't matter if it takes a few days to get potions. No one would be able to do anything against them no matter how much time they had.

You don't have the ability to call people who make and hide a trap lazy when you argued against the removal of enchantments for multiple days, sorry x).

I picked a random rate to start all of the drops at. I've got no clue what feather 4 boots will keep you alive in, but I'm well aware it's over 20 blocks, especially seeing as in my example I was left with 6.5 hearts. Your second example is far too specific for me to try to respond to, that's like saying if you're stupid enough to fight in water then the water breathing enchantment is overpowered... just don't be dumb and fight in idiotic locations, nothing needs to change for that to still be a beneficial word of advice.

Flame/fire doesn't do nearly as much as poison; not even close to poison actually.

Protection 1 is the highest we can get to, and the effects aren't diminished enough for it to be balanced.
I edited my post, where I tested full Protection I armour against these potions ;)
So yes Harming and Poison potions should be removed.

Fire hides part of screen from your view - so it makes harder to navigate.
But on other hand fire is useful for getting baked meat instantly from animals...

Guys, can you check how long fight takes for people in equal full set of Diamond Protection I armor and Diamond Sharpness I sword?

Last edited: