Journey to Elysium Discussion Thread

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I can't login without crashing each time. Each time I crash, I get the report saying the cause is "rendering entity in world". My mods are all updated, my .jar is fine, everything. It only happened once in Buildbox, and keeps happening here?
Same issue here... It's optifine/rei + maybe some GPU combination (or whatever), just use a default jar until you're out of the start town and then swap back...

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
When in doubt, reinstall java and put all of your minecraft settings the lowest they can get. Java is usually, if not always, the reason minecraft has problems for me.

Reaction score
I have Rei's and optifine on and I have no problems. Also, can we make mod requests here or will there be a thread posted at some point that we can use. I was hoping to use the sign tags mod or have it added. It allows html type tags to be added to signs to have a digital clock, the coordinates, or the biome to be displayed on the sign when you use the proper code.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be making a docking area near castra, seeing as today i removed about 4 boat which has been abandoned.

Also, who's made the awful looking bridge across the sea to (near) castra? Are you planning on leading it all the way to castra?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Marnixxie Is it possible to modify the queue system so that if there is 3 spaces available, the first 3 in the queue can enter the server without the first person in queue having to enter first? As it'd be very helpful, especially when you have to wait for them to join or time out.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Marnixxie Is it possible to modify the queue system so that if there is 3 spaces available, the first 3 in the queue can enter the server without the first person in queue having to enter first? As it'd be very helpful, especially when you have to wait for them to join or time out.
If the first 3 players in the queue becomes a free-for-all for slots, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the queue in the first place? Also, players who have previously disconnected have a 60 second window in which to reconnect, so this 'slot allowance' would suddenly become a lot more complicated to code.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Friendy and EggNog

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If the first 3 players in the queue becomes a free-for-all for slots, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the queue in the first place? Also, players who have previously disconnected have a 60 second window in which to reconnect, so this 'slot allowance' would suddenly become a lot more complicated to code.
You're not understanding what I mean. I meant that users would still have to queue. For example, Blue and Red log out and there is now 5 spaces free, two of which have 1 minute slots. Green and Turquoise wish to join as there is 3 available slots left, however Orange is afk in the queue so Green and Turquoise have to wait for Orange to come back and log in, or time out of the queue. If they could log in when the 3 slots were open, then the problem would be solved. Users will still have to queue, but if there is 2 slots, the first two users in the queue can join. If there is 8 slots, the first 8 users in the queue can join.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're not understanding what I mean. I meant that users would still have to queue. For example, Blue and Red log out and there is now 5 spaces free, two of which have 1 minute slots. Green and Turquoise wish to join as there is 3 available slots left, however Orange is afk in the queue so Green and Turquoise have to wait for Orange to come back and log in, or time out of the queue. If they could log in when the 3 slots were open, then the problem would be solved. Users will still have to queue, but if there is 2 slots, the first two users in the queue can join. If there is 8 slots, the first 8 users in the queue can join.
I'd agree with your post - I did misunderstand it, and that sounds like a good idea.

Apart from this
AngelWV said:
You my friend, got the wrong end of the stick.
This is just insulting to be honest, and it's quite unneeded.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'd agree with your post - I did misunderstand it, and that sounds like a good idea.

Apart from this

This is just insulting to be honest, and it's quite unneeded.
It was not meant to insult you, I removed it as I thought that it may be taken the wrong way, and clearly it has been. I apologise if it is insulting, but it was rather just to say that you mis-understood.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
It was not meant to insult you, I removed it as I thought that it may be taken the wrong way, and clearly it has been. I apologise if it is insulting, but it was rather just to say that you mis-understood.
It would be unfair to the first player, as he might only check every 170sec - and it would suck if place 2 and 3 would get in ahead of him, as they spam relog more often...

The 180sec check makes sense ;)

Also, remember, only 43 slots are open to non-staff.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It would be unfair to the first player, as he might only check every 170sec - and it would suck if place 2 and 3 would get in ahead of him, as they spam relog more often...

The 180sec check makes sense ;)

Also, remember, only 43 slots are open to non-staff.
What I meant is all 3 could get in, whether they got in before him or not.