How Did you find Blocktopia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Later_Gator

The first Minecraft server I joined was "Javacke's Lava Survival" which later turned into "Javacke's Kingdom". There, I became friends with quite a few people. Some of those people joined Blocktopia later on, too: @Summer10, @Walker1212 (there are more, but I can't recall their names). Anyway, some of my friends from that server visited a server named "[Blocktopia] Zombie Survival" and I became interested, since I was only familiar with lava survival. So, I joined it and I had no idea what to do. All I did was just aimlessly run around. I remember an operator online at the time saying "Feel free to ask any questions." Of course, the first thing I (idiotically) ask is, "Where do babies come from?". After that, I occasionally joined the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server whenever I got bored of Javacke's Kingdom. Sadly, the owner, Javacke, became very busy in real life and closed down his server. After that, I tried to find a server to call my home, and then I remembered the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server, and thought, "Sure, why not." Ever since then, I stuck with the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server, eventually made an account on the old forums, applied for and got trusted, and then became an operator.

Reactions: Sophie (mjrox)

Summer10

Reaction score
The first Minecraft server I joined was "Javacke's Lava Survival" which later turned into "Javacke's Kingdom". There, I became friends with quite a few people. Some of those people joined Blocktopia later on, too: @Summer10, @Walker1212 (there are more, but I can't recall their names). Anyway, some of my friends from that server visited a server named "[Blocktopia] Zombie Survival" and I became interested, since I was only familiar with lava survival. So, I joined it and I had no idea what to do. All I did was just aimlessly run around. I remember an operator online at the time saying "Feel free to ask any questions." Of course, the first thing I (idiotically) ask is, "Where do babies come from?". After that, I occasionally joined the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server whenever I got bored of Javacke's Kingdom. Sadly, the owner, Javacke, became very busy in real life and closed down his server. After that, I tried to find a server to call my home, and then I remembered the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server, and thought, "Sure, why not." Ever since then, I stuck with the [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival server, eventually made an account on the old forums, applied for and got trusted, and then became an operator.
This pretty much sums me up too :p

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I was searching for server with an Z, I clicked on a server called [..]'s freebuild with zombies!
Ofcourse those zomebies were just /zombie.
I became addicted, and builded nice castles to defend myself from the /zombies.
I later got a rank there and abused all my power and spammed /zombie everywhere.
But some day the server just didnt show up anymore, so and I was looking for a new server with those zombies.
Then I came past [TheOne's] zombie survival.
I joined there on the map Futurecity. after 1 min of walking around I started screaming:
WHY CANT I BUILD, I CANT BUILD, HELP I CANT BUILD! None to tell me what the game was, then the next round came, and while playing more I understood how the game worked, I got to know people there. They told me about a forum, and I signed up there. Now I am the foolish cat around wich you all love ;3
*it was in the late 2010*

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Ok story time:
I first started playing Minecraft Feburary? 2011 and had some good fun so I decided to pick one of the top servers (duh) and one of them was Neko San Nyan (still up I believe) I played there for a good 2 months then left since the server admin lost me and my friend yokofuku's AWESOME stadium map and we both left angry and saddened I stopped playing for about 2 weeks till my friend (Minecraft name Simoa) told me about Lava and Zombie survival. I played Lava was on for a minute and thought this wasnt my idea of "fun" so I went to Zombie and was hooked IMMEDIATELY I stayed with it failed an app then saw and <3ed TNT. which I was interested in the mix up of playing. I made an app failed it but tried harder and finally got trusted then month later got Op and here I am :p

Reaction score
One day I saw my brother playing [Blocktopia] Lava Survival (mistercoolpants). I played on there for a very long time and then realized [Blocktopia] had multiple servers so I tried Zombie and never left. Eventually got my own account (Tripped). Been here for 6 months and counting :D

Reaction score
I was browsing through the classic servers looking for a server that I like.I tried Freebuilds,and my god every time I get on one,I got griefed, I gotten tried of FreeBuild servers overall.So I tried any server that did not sound like a Freebuild server. Then I found and got on TheOne's Lava Survival,I saw that the server did not resemble a war zone.I played a few rounds I liked it. So I stayed.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
I remember... *Screen wobbles like water and shows flashback*

I was SOO bored, sitting on a couch and browsing the server list. I was scrolling through the list randomly, let go, and [Blocktopia] TNT Wars was right there. So I was like "This looks interesting" logged on, and played for a bit. I realised I was having SO much fun, and stayed...

This rest is now.

A

Apollo17

D: Javackes kingdom was my first server too

LavaSurviver

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Let's see... it was so long ago....
I was bored of Free Build, and I scrolled down a little, until I came across a server called "The Ones" (Yes, even though you may not remember me, I am from that long ago), and I clicked. Apparently, my mouse was totally right in clicking on that link. I joined Lava Survival first, and then found other servers, and well, it was love at first site.
:bounce:

S

Sm3tana

Well, I don't actually remember it well, but I scrolled down the page, found interesting server (zombie survival) and then I got kicked in 2 minutes 'cause of pillaring but I loved the game mode so I decided to start play there. (And now I've played 100 hours).

D

DeBest12

All of my friends recommended it! I been to Blocktopia many times before but I never try to register XD

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
When I first came to minecraft I had no idea how to play. But I worked hard and was active and after about a month or two became on op on a build server. One day another op said he was off to zombie survival. I not realising there were servers apart from build ones decided to try it. At the start I had no idea how to play and tried following zombies(I was a human but wasn't really aware of what I was meant to do) I started watching the active players and seeing how they played etc. I just became hooked on the server. I also tried lava and TNT but someone destroyed my house on lava and I didnt understand what had happened, and on TNT I got tired of burning and blowing myself up(this happened a lot) so yeah, I started playing zombie survival.

Reactions: RMcraft
Reaction score
Right back in the (very old) old days when i was a total n00b to minecraft i scrolled down the server list looking for something that looked (sort of) professionalish. I found [The One's] Lava Survival and i clicked. That was the start of awesomeness.:angel:

Reactions: ConstructionBoy

winner87956

Charlie Sheen Version 87956
Reaction score
It's been a while since I joined my first classic server. But I remembered a server called 7 worlds, I could have been banned there without explaining my wrongdoing. It took 5 months to be a respected operator there. Then Moochie "Owner" decided to cut classic and do only a beta server. I didn't like beta at the time so I grew apart from that community. While at 19 worlds (Grew from 5-19 i believe) i discovered SeaNanners (Where am I going with this?), and saw a related video called [The One's] Lava Survival, i figured out it was Blocktopia at the time when I first entered the Lava server. Alas, after lava I found zombie, as well as TNT.
I said "Sounds fun" and I joined. December 25th 2010, proud to call TNT my home (even when inactive).

Reactions: RMcraft

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Well, I got told by a friend about "Lava Survival" servers. I simply typed that in and BAM... A whole lot of servers came up. Blocktopia had the most people so I went there. Later, I spread around Blocktopia and fell in love with Zombie Survival. And that's where I stay to this day :) And all that happened in early December 2011

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
It's all Mr.Shmid's fault I have no life anymore.
Thank you to everyone who reported this! You did well. However, you also did not notice that this is a valid necropost, because it contributes relevant information to the topic at hand, as detailed in the stickied thread about when and how to use the report button.

nekonal

Reaction score
i found blocktopia from classic servers. i was casualy looking through classic servers and found [blocktopia] zombie survival. i played zombie for a few months and then found out blocktopia had an smp server (i join b4 primordia :D)

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather
Status
Not open for further replies.