General Quarters [Game Over]

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

#massclaim

SO i guess its my turn now
i'm the rank authoriser (as u can tell by the picture above)
i investigate 1 person per night and check what their rank is
n1: k1ng – lieutenant
n2: myuser – lieutenant commander
n3 : paige – lieutenant
n4 : ender – enlisted 2[sup]nd[/sup]

pls confirm webpaige Enderfive <3

i presume people expect me to have a great deal of info regarding ranks and their importance to the game
buuuut soz to disappoint i have literally 0 idea as well and i’ve tried to go over the spread of ranks linked to role & alignment but i can’t find anything

the only 2 mafia members discovered have been in the 2 lowest ranks so that might have something to do with it? but then you also have me & hk in enlisted 1st and weak & unu in enlisted 2nd and we’re all PRs? and then raxo is above us in ensign even tho he was a vanilla townie role when theoretically the ‘crewman’ should be the lowest rank in a sort of social hierarchy? tbh i’m completely lost & then you have hip, the third party, in the 2nd highest rank?????????

if you look at general quarters and rank put together (assuming hip was in science) then it appears that there’s 3 lower ranks (ensign, enlisted 1st and 2nd) and then a pretty high up rank, like engineering would be lieutenant commander myuser, science would be commander hip, operations would be captain foggy which presumably means claire is a higher rank? idk but that’s the only reasonable conclusion i’ve been able to draw

G

Guest35486

if you look at general quarters and rank put together (assuming hip was in science) then it appears that there’s 3 lower ranks (ensign, enlisted 1st and 2nd) and then a pretty high up rank, like engineering would be lieutenant commander myuser, science would be commander hip, operations would be captain foggy which presumably means claire is a higher rank? idk but that’s the only reasonable conclusion i’ve been able to draw
Wouldn't Foggy be Officers instead of Operations? And if Mulb's the Head of Operations, I think it makes sense that she has the highest rank in our department. So I guess the Officers department is made up of people with high ranks instead of roles?

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
n3 : paige – lieutenant

pls confirm webpaige Enderfive <3
I can confirm, but I still think you're suspicious
But your claim is the only believable one today honestly
the only 2 mafia members discovered have been in the 2 lowest ranks so that might have something to do with it? but then you also have me & hk in enlisted 1st and weak & unu in enlisted 2nd and we’re all PRs? and then raxo is above us in ensign even tho he was a vanilla townie role when theoretically the ‘crewman’ should be the lowest rank in a sort of social hierarchy? tbh i’m completely lost & then you have hip, the third party, in the 2nd highest rank?????????
The only vanilla town at this point seem to be Notme and I, and I'm guessing that may have to do with Fog's promotion role. So in that case it may not matter that the people in Officer's chat have such low ranks.
Also, it could fit the "3 lower ranks, 1 higher rank" with just higher ranks on average for that group.
But K1ng was head of science.
Lieutenant K1nghoward, the Chief Medical Officer, has been killed.
Doctor; Heads science department.
Either K1ng gained the role after Hip died, or Hip wasn't part of science, or it doesn't go to the highest rank.
But even if Hip was head of science, Lieutenant just seems a bit higher than the other '3 lower ranks'.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In other news, I am away from like tomorrow until Monday Evening, so I might not be too active but i will attempt to keep up. In all fairness I am most suspicious of Arelic atm, however, Mulb's accidental mafia report does confuse me... still suspicious

D

Deleted member 4601

I did say that I thought there'd be two anti-town members amongst Ender, Arelic and Oog, and now that Oog has basically cleared himself through Paige I am fairly certain Arelic is mafia or some sort of killer role, given how from all the claims so far no one has visited myu besides her and how she has conveniently claimed that all her targets are dead.

JK is certainly fairly suspicious, though with his claim on Ender's night activity he could gain a little credibility since if he were mafia, it is inherently a risk to claim so. It would be good if Ender would step out now to say something, but regardless of that it makes more sense for JK not to be lying, and if that is true, the chances of Ender being serial killer is greatly reduced, though it can't be ruled out that Ender is mafia as well.

Nevertheless, I'm suspicious of Arelic above anyone else. I'll have to take a good look at the ops chat again.

Who is Claire?
Hmmmm

Mulb's accidental mafia report does confuse me... still suspicious
:/
If y'all mislynch me and mafia wins can we all just agree to put the blame on Ltin

G

Guest35486

Trying not to speculate too much and going by the option that requires the least assumptions, it seems that there is a mafia member and a serial killer amongst Ender, Arelic and Oog (possibly two mafia and one sk, though I doubt that since 4 mafia + 2 third party seems a little absurd)
I don't see why 4 mafia members would be absurd. If there is a SK, that would make the setup 10 town, 4 mafia, and 2 third party. In fact, this assumption seems rather suspicious? It's not an unusual set up and trying to make it seem like there are less mafia may cause careless decisions.

I have a one-shot ability of targeting a crew member of the ship each night and to lock up their living quarters, such that all actions will be deflected back to themselves. They will also be protected against external kills, and I will be informed of any intended targets if there were any. I used this on Inffy before the day he was lynched, and he targeted no one, which was why I was pretty sure he was lying about his role claim. I did not claim, because there was sufficient evidence against Inffy, and I felt like it was not the right time to since I wanted to make use of the fact that there's only one head in each department to possibly hunt for anti-town within operations.
Why did you use your one-shot ability on someone who was only vaguely suspicious at the time? If this was the night before his lynch, it means it's before his claim as well. Seems like a waste when there are better moments to use it, even if you want to hunt for anti-town in your department.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what this means :[

I did say that I thought there'd be two anti-town members amongst Ender, Arelic and Oog, and now that Oog has basically cleared himself through Paige I am fairly certain Arelic is mafia or some sort of killer role, given how from all the claims so far no one has visited myu besides her and how she has conveniently claimed that all her targets are dead.
:/
If y'all mislynch me and mafia wins can we all just agree to put the blame on Ltin
I wouldn't be so quick to clear Oog, it could be a mafia role with the ability for all we know.

I'm rather suspicious of Oog and Mulb right now, though more Oog than Mulb. He barely talked in the Operations chat and Inf dismissed it rather quickly when Notme was lynched partially due to inactivity. I also totally town read JKang and I'm not sure why you find him so suspicious.

I know I'm not presenting myself well right now, but we really can't afford a mislynch, as I'm pretty sure there are two mafia members left and possibly a SK.

D

Deleted member 4601

I was gonna write a response to your post Arelic but my internet died so I'll give a quick summary:

If mafia had 4 members and there are 2 third parties, one of which is an SK, that gives mafia the ability to win with just 2 mislynches in a row. Possible, but unlikely since it throws the game off balance. I used my one-shot ability on Inffy simply because I was suspicious and I eventually had to use it, especially after he had the rhyming thing. Oog could be mafia, but the same can be said about JK and Arelic, and I've got to say I am suspicious of basically everyone except for Foggy at this point, just by different extents. I doubt he is mafia because his role is confirmed now and it doesn't make sense for mafia to have a role like that.

I hope there aren't three anti-town left, because that leaves close to no room for errors.

and how much better were you

the only thing you did that wasn't relaying info we all knew already (general quarters, foggys role) was putting susp on unu which is equal to me putting susp on raxo
Also I swear everything Oog says makes him sound suspicious

D

Deleted member 4601

Also before I go there's one thing I must do -

Enderfive

Speak
unless you can't in which case give a rating or something

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also before I go there's one thing I must do -

Enderfive

Speak
unless you can't in which case give a rating or something
oog's story checks out so far as my rank goes, but i don't really see the use of such a role for the town so not quite sure what to make of that

i really want to look things over thoroughly before i post shit which is why i've been quiet -- i've had just not enough time to go through everything that's happened and form some sort of an opinion

hopefully i can find the time for it tomorrow

gut feeling also says that web, jk and fog are inno, but i've got nothing to back that up

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
well of the remaining people's supposed actions last night:

foggy: uhh i presume nothing/nothing of worth since he hasn't said anything
paige: crewman, no action
mulb: one-shot ability already used so no action
jk: tracked claire visiting myuser
claire: investigated myuser
me: checked ender
ender: ??? i'm presuming vanilla townie based on JK's report + 3 vanilla townies seems reasonable in this setup

then that leads to foggy, paige, mulb and ender being ruled out leaving jk, claire and I

jk's action has been confirmed by claire as they admitted to visiting myuser after jk claimed, therefore JK is ruled out as well

this leaves me and claire as the suspects into myuser's death
i checked ender's rank last night and got the result that has been confirmed by him HOWEVER people can say that, seeing how there seems to be a second death bi-nightly, that my role functions in some weird action/kill/action/kill way which is supported by the fact i only have 2 people investigated that are alive

then there's claire who has 0 evidence to support role and has been confirmed to be visiting myuser last night

admittedly mulb is also a suspect since the one-shot ability has no evidence either but unu did get mulb as inno (eventually) and seems to be the definite department head which would suggest inno but there is corruption and stuff!! still not sure tho!!!!!!!!!!

but with all that considered im 99.99% sure claire had to have killed myuser and thus is scum so
vote Arelic

D

Deleted member 4601

Vote Arelic

Unu's death hasn't been explained yet, and amongst the people who claimed here one of them probably is mafia. I am contemplating about the choices made by those who have claimed, since they do seem rather odd, especially JK's and Arelic's. I can't rule out Oog, though I don't really have too much doubts about him.

Since Arelic's the only person whom we are sure visited Myu though, she's our best bet for now for finding mafia.

D

Deleted member 4601

Now that I think of it, Arelic probably isn't mafia given how quick she was to vote for Notty. Ops chat seemed to suggest that she wasn't on the same side as Inffy either based on their interactions with each other.

Still, my vote is on her since she's probably some sort of serial killer - perhaps one that can only kill on even nights.

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm thinking how tomorrow might play out. If we do have an even-night serial killer, it might be optimal for us to kill mafia instead, but we don't really have a clue about that. Either way, it's likely we'll have a night kill tomorrow, and the target is likely JK or Foggy, though it can be said that if JK survives tomorrow, he will fall under suspicion.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Now that that's done, I have questions for both JKangaroo and Arelic :

- Y'all seemed to target a lot of town-sided players just to make sure they are town as they claimed, especially Arelic. Why didn't you consider using your abilities on suspicious players instead?

- The death messages last night mentioned some sort of meeting between the investigation roles. Did you know about this, or were y'all part of this?
I think I already answered your question in my claiming post when I mentioned some things that I was certain ya'll would ask me.

Why didn't I go after "suspicious players?" Well... isn't that relative? Who I find suspicious isn't necessarily who you would find suspicious. So that sort of goes out the window.
Plus, when I mentioned why I went after Arelic, I said I thought I could leave whom most people thought "suspicious" to the more powerful and more certain power roles, like Myuser, or Unusual, or even Foggy who's investigations I'd expected to have some major stuff in them but those haven't been told yet...
Plus why go after people whom everyone else is already suspicious of and has tons of eyes already trained on them, it's a waste. It's more beneficial to go after people players have glossed over, either because of past actions, or they just aren't as active.
There's more of a chance to catch someone lurking in the shadows of giants: those who already have big suspicions on them.
Plus plus; going along with that thought; I explained my personal theory between Myuser/K1ng--- and I admitted my hunches were wrong, so I can't really explain more than that.

Also the second question sounds like it was flavour text.
But then again, who knows when flavour text is just flavour text.
I'm the Activity Supervisor. Instead of getting the person's target, I get their action. I chose to visit Myuser last night since I wanted to make sure that his role is legit since I was a bit confused by the whole HK/Unu being sure that he's town part. Though I didn't think he would die last night since the obvious target seemed to be the cop
-----------------------------------------------------
N1: K1ng - Nothing to go off of, chose a player that haven't been playing in the recent games
N2: Notme - His inactivity was brought up, and because he didn't talk much in the thread I chose him instead of another active member, since we could get more clues from active members in the thread.
N3: Unu - Confirming that he's cop due to the voting suspicion from Day 2
N4: Myuser - See above
-----------------------------------------------------
Protection, No result, Investigation, Investigation
I was originally going to say something else here, but I'm not going to because it was stupid and I totally was confused about the claim and what you posted and it all would've been silly and... just ignore that.

But anyways...
I personally don't believe this.
I was also confused by this the first time I read it.
You get their action?--- So basically like me, a tracker, just--- kinda more powerful.

And honestly? Yeah, that definitely is pretty powerful. Surprisingly powerful if you look at it more closely. Knowing a person's action?
That's basically a role between a cop, and a watcher/tracker, leaning more toward the cop side.
Cop's, unless they're affected in some way, like being paranoid, or insane, they get consistent results:
"This player is innocent/town. This player is not-innocent/not-town." Etc. Etc.
A tracker just knows if they visit a person or not, which is up to chance if something happens.
A watcher is similar; its up to chance if someone visits the person being watched or not.

But getting a person's ACTION? That's like a slightly weaker cop. Actually, it might even be STRONGER than a normal cop. A cop often only gets alignments from investigations. Getting someone's actions could theoretically reveal their role AND their alignment if you can deduce it; getting their actions already narrows down what those roles or alignment could possibly be.
For example:
So you got K1ng the first night.
K1ng protected.
Right off the bat that could possibly be a doctor, it could be a jailer who also protects, it could be a bodyguard who takes a kill for the player they watch that night.
Regardless of these options, it could be clear that the player would be town: I personally have no knowledge of scum roles that protect unless it's specially themed, like I believe Prizyms was in Bloody Masq as a serial killer/doctor.
Play out the same scenario for other results like "No action" or "Investigation"

Some might be more vague than others (since Investigation could refer to many many roles on both sides of the spectrum) yet even so, it's surprisingly powerful.

It's a role that doesn't seem like it would exist alongside some already powerful roles, like Captain with multiple one-shot abilities (as foggy claims), a sane cop in the vein of Unusual, or myuser who could tell if you had a "vanilla" role or not (whatever that means).
It just seems like something that would just add to the town's arsenal, it would almost feel a bit over-powered against mafia/third-parties.
Thus, it definitely seems more likely to be a role (in this game anyways) to exist on the side of those who are scum.
If this were a game with say, a lot of altered cops or investigative roles who don't tell the whole truth, yes, I could definitely see this existing as a townie role.
But otherwise I just can't see it.

I'm sorry Claire, but I think you may have unintentionally claimed something really powerful as a defense, which instead of appearing more innocent, kind of makes you more suspicious.
That or I might just be blowing this way out of proportion, which is also as likely.

So either its a lie, or its the truth, but if it is the truth then it definitely seems like a powerful role the mafia/scum might have. We have only killed vanilla mafia's so far; they still potentially have their PR's alive, I could see this as one of those.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
FINAL VOTECOUNT
Arelic - 4 - Foggy2406, Ooglie101, Mulbery, JKangaroo

Enlsited 2nd Class Arelic, the Section-8, and a member of the operations department, has been lynched.
Serial killer

Discovering the apparently undetected insanity that made her unfit for service was the focus of much of the crew's attention for the moment, until a loud band reverberated throughout the ship.

"Report."
"Captain, we are being boarded! They are cutting through the hull!"
"All hands, general quar-"
Mulbery interrupted Foggy2406.
"Don't say a word."
The Bridge sat in silence for nearly fifteen minutes, until an important looking man waltzed onto the bridge. "Take the prisoners to the detention block" he ordered. "Get all the information you can out of this ship, and then prepare to scuttle it." He turned to Mulbery, Ooglie101, and JKangaroo. "Good work."

The Mafia has won.

Ensign Mulbery was the Operations Officer.
Appears as town if investigated. (Yes i made a mistake, sorry)
Heads Operations department.

Enlisted 1st Class Ooglie101 was the Hacker.
Investigates a player to determine their rank.
Ooglie101 was assigned to operations.

Ensign JKangaroo was the Tracker.
Tracker.

Captain Foggy2406 was the Captain.
1x call general quarters (the pm thing), 1x promote player. Choose from a series of abilities to assign a player to perform one night and choose target. 2x double vote.

Lieutenant Webpaige was a Crewman.

Enlisted 1st Class Enderfive was a Crewman, assigned to Engineering.