General Bug Report Thread

W

Wimali

Bug: If you die, in the lobby or in the map, you may accidentally click "Title Screen" instead of "Respawn". And when you come back, the death screen is still there, and when you respawn all your levels are lost, which happened to me and that's why I decided to post this. People can accidentally click the wrong option and lose all their levels, and that is really annoying if you farm a lot of experience through mobs, smelting, or any other way to gain exp.

Solution: No clue how this would be fixed.
I am not sure if this even can be fixed at all. My only real suggestion would be to be careful (I know accidents happen).
I believe this is a minecraft bug, so I also think it can't be fixed by dirtcake.

• Informative
Reactions: buildbuild12

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: If you die, in the lobby or in the map, you may accidentally click "Title Screen" instead of "Respawn". And when you come back, the death screen is still there, and when you respawn all your levels are lost, which happened to me and that's why I decided to post this. People can accidentally click the wrong option and lose all their levels, and that is really annoying if you farm a lot of experience through mobs, smelting, or any other way to gain exp.

Solution: No clue how this would be fixed.
I am not sure if this even can be fixed at all. My only real suggestion would be to be careful (I know accidents happen).
I believe this is a minecraft bug, so I also think it can't be fixed by dirtcake.

Note that if you type /kill in minecraft, your exp DOES NOT GET RESET in the client until after you hit Respawn.

So, can't you just grab the xp value of the player, in the onPlayerDeath event, then set the xp back after they've hit Respawn?
Code:
HashMap previousxp = new HashMap();
public void onPlayerDeath(PlayerDeathEvent event) {
    final Player player = event.getEntity();
    if (player.isDead()) previousxp.put(player.getName(), player.getTotalExperience());
}
public void onPlayerRespawn(PlayerRespawnEvent event) {
    final Player player = event.getEntity();
    getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncDelayedTask(pluginname,
        new Runnable(){ public void run() {
            player.setTotalExperience(previousxp.get(player.getName()).toInt());
        }}
    );
}
The problem here is that whatever plugin currently being used to set the exp to the previous value after death isn't persistent when the player logs off. This is fixed by the above because the HashMap value of the player is kept after the player logs off, hence after the player logs back on and hits Respawn the value can still be restored.

Side note: There's this glitch too when lag causes the Respawn button to be unpushable, forcing people to log out. If this happens, would taking a screenshot serve as proof of your previous levels?

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
Death xp and inventories are wiped when the player logs out. Several months ago, they were only wiped when the server restarted. For some reason, xp and inventories weren't being saved/loaded properly 100% of the time, so I changed it to the way it is now. I'll try to change it back to the way it was (and fix the saving/loading issue) when I have time.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
What is the bug:
The 30-second immunity after dying in the map is still in place after tping back to the lobby
How did you discover this bug:
More fiddling around
How could it possibly be solved:
De-immunize on /lobby and on round over?
Anything else you want to say about it:
This may seem like a very small issue, but a clever person with a stopwatch can easily hit Respawn at the last second and use 20-or-so seconds of invincibility on KOTL.

Also, *maybe* using an emerald in the map at the last second causes the immunity effect to stay after round's over. I'm saying this most likely, as I haven't tested it because I don't want to use up my emeralds.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
What is the bug:
When flammable material are placed on the edges of a sponge-induced lava wall, the lava flows into the block of fire, disregarding the sponge.

Check if a block is in a sponge-radius before setting it on fire.
I tested it with leaves, but (in theory) it could be any block.

Another, albeit a very small one, though it may be used to lag-water-climb...
What is the bug:
Normally-unobtainable water buckets can be obtained by placing a bucket in a dispenser and toggling it.
Curiosity.
Now, dispensers cannot place lava and water, but they can take water but not take lava.
This doesn't seem fair at all.
See above picture in my hotbar. I now have a useless water bucket. Oh well.

Edit: Moar useless bugs.
What is the bug:
Killing people in KOTL with a bow does not enumerate /stats me's KOTL Kills
More curiosity.
No idea.
This might be un-solveable, IDK how minecraft works with death by arrow.

What is the bug:
Lava does not melt below Y: 4
On an angry round, I decided to go all the way to the bottom using a fire resist potion, and found that the bottom was all smooth. The blocks were editable though, and lava flowed into it, it just wasn't melting the stone or the ores.
No idea.
Nope.

What is the bug:
Lava will not flow into the border of the maps (still buildable 1 block border) unless the lava is coming at it from 2 sides or more.

This isn't a screenshot taken while the lava is flowing, this is a screenshot taken while the lava is still. As of typing this post the lava still hasn't flown into the air yet. The left air block is held there because lava from the block under the cobblestone is only one side. The lava block to the left of the two air blocks will be filled with lava on bucketing because it has 2 blocks of lava going from 2 sides.
No idea.
Nope.

buildbuild12

Reaction score
What is the bug: You can use pistons to push heads, and when pushed, they drop. This is a problem in maps where player/mob heads are listed as no-drop and the bug could be abused to get the head.

How could it possibly be solved: Disable pushing for them, minecraft vanilla has a feature like that. You can't push bedrock, enderchests, and other blocks that you can't move through breaking.

Anything else you want to say about it: no

W

Wimali

What is the bug: You can use pistons to push heads, and when pushed, they drop. This is a problem in maps where player/mob heads are listed as no-drop and the bug could be abused to get the head.

How could it possibly be solved: Disable pushing for them, minecraft vanilla has a feature like that. You can't push bedrock, enderchests, and other blocks that you can't move through breaking.

Anything else you want to say about it: no

One month ago:
What is the bug:
Being able to break and drop unbreakable/nodrop blocks with entities.

1. Place piston next to head/entity block
2. Place lever
3. Push
4. Head/entity block drops.
Since there's some unobtainable heads on Osiris (secret), I decided to try it and it worked.
Make unbreakable and nodrop blocks unpushable via pistons.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice build :d

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
What is the bug:
Even when they are nobreak, heads drop when anvils are dropped on top of them.
Doing interesting stuffs with anvils in the round
Erm...

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
How about we just remove heads from maps I like that. Or make anvils no place I don't know for that one.

Yea, I agree that anvils should be noplace. Or, for the matter, no-craft. They cost 31 iron ingots, nearly half a stack, and I think nobody besides me has even (was insane enough to) craft one before.

Or maybe with maps that have heads on them to use command blocks in a way such that people who spawn in for the first time have their inventory's number of heads logged in the scoreboard, then it continually checks their inventory for the exact number of heads, such that if they gain any heads during the no-head-map then they'll be removed by other command blocks?

It's do-able...

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Here's a pretty important one.
Bug:
The beacon in the giant lava thingy at the center of the Master's Temple is accessible by anyone with a fire resist potion and sprint. One could change it from providing Speed Boost to something radically different, like Jump Boost or Haste, by adding minerals to it.
Curiosity, fiddling, and Harold1995
Solution:
Place one half-slab on it. Alternatively, move it one block lower and place 2 half slabs to prevent lag-break-right-clicking.
Nope.
Edit: First one has been fixed by Sploor, though I would still recommend adding two layers 'cuz lag-block-breaking-right-clicking.

A less important one, but still...
Bug:
Players can use an ender chest by breaking the block under their feet in the lobby at X=-48 Z=0, lag-falling and accessing the secret ender chest. (What's down there? Admin hidey-hole?)
Curiosity, fiddling, and Harold1995
Solution:
Place one half-slab on it. Alternatively, move it one block lower and place 2 half slabs to prevent lag-break-right-clicking. (Haha, exact same fix)
Nope.

Oh, and also, a possible solution to the lag-pillaring problem is that whenever a block is removed because it was placed in an invalid position, place the player onto the ground by moving them down until they hit a block or void. Then again, people could use it to bypass fall damage by jumping off of something (Biomes comes to mind) and then right-clicking spawn.

Reactions: 1 person

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Bug: there's still a random tip trying to tell people to apply for staff on forums
How did you discover this bug: I saw it in chat
Solution: Remove the tip
Anything else you want to say about it: the last time i checked staff applications were closed

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug:

Solution:
Remove the random minecarts on the roof of lobby. Also, levers in lobby should be no-push.

People using hacks (wallhack specifically) can see this far more easily than regular people, and get on top of the lobby and wreck havoc.
Not that I used hacks to find this. I would never. I climbed up the lava to the right behind the iron bars to find that minecart.

Calin

Reaction score
Bug: I bought yesterday journeyman rank but it didn't actually rank me up and it took all my cookies.
How did you discover this bug: Well I was Apprentice in RoF and after I bought the journeyman rank I blacked out...
Solution: I think it's the staff's duty to find a solution but I'll suggest to get my money back.
Anything else you want to say about it: My in-game name is DarkBlasterX and thanks for your time.

W

Wimali

Bug:
When you use /list or join the server, the list of players online that is usually shown is broken. As you can see, it shows every single player as Default. Now I realize this really isn't a major problem, it's probably because of the 1.6.4 update and you're probably already aware of it and fixing it, but just putting this in here anyway. Just in case.

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
I bought yesterday journeyman rank but it didn't actually rank me up and it took all my cookies.
How did you discover this bug: Well I was Apprentice in RoF and after I bought the journeyman rank I blacked out...
Not sure what happened or why, I'll look into it.

When you use /list or join the server, the list of players online that is usually shown is broken. As you can see, it shows every single player as Default. Now I realize this really isn't a major problem, it's probably because of the 1.6.4 update and you're probably already aware of it and fixing it, but just putting this in here anyway. Just in case.
Definitely due to 1.6.4, but I haven't found the source of the problem yet.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Bug: Blocks missing in the expert's shop.
How did you discover this bug: Entered shop
Solution: Replace the blocks.
Anything else you want to say about it: No

Bug: Rank blocking access plug in not working in the shop.
How did you discover this bug: Exploring and testing stuff. Because of the missing blocks in the shop. (see above)
Solution: Update or re install the plug in.
Anything else you want to say about it: No

W

Wimali

Bug: Apples in the lobby cost 2 cookies, although the sign says 1.

EDIT: /help also doesn't work anymore for players

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Pushing Slash in the chat and then pushing Tab lists all the commands. Since /plugins and /, are disabled, I think this is bad.
Solution: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/anticommandtab/ or similer.

Bug: Anyone can use /ignore <player> on anyone else, including ops.
Bug: Crouch-right-clicking non-shopped slabs in Lobby still allows people to link stuff to it.
Bug: /commandbook:ping is enabled. Since /ping isn't allowed, I'm assuming that this is undesired.
Solutions: Fix permissions.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Bug: Biome isn't Sky at Grandmaster Sanctuary. (Lobby)

How did you discover this bug: Curiosity.
Solution: Make larger area of Sky biome (covering whole lobby area + few chunks outward).

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: People can click the shops, remember the shop id #, then in-game type like /ge buy #48 1 to buy a sponge in-game without going to lobby.
Bug: People can still make shop slabs buy using /ge buy (tested with /ge buy i:7 a:128 p:1) and then link their own trades using /ge link #number

Solution:Disable /ge buy, /ge link, /ge price, /ge unlink, /ge history, /ge myoffers, /ge offers, /ge add, /ge take, /ge buy infinate, /ge sell infinate

Bug: Both the Tree and the Master's Temple are open-air, allowing lag-pillars or lag-breakers to escape.
Solution:Make the air above it no-enter via worldedit.

Bug: There are levers above the lanterns above KOTL spawn that could be used to turn them off via lag-right-clicking.

Solution:Replace with redstone blocks.

Bug: Redstone fail in lobby (why are all lanterns wired together? whatever you're trying to accomplish, this is why it failed).

Bug: Lag pillaring
Solution:Why not just send them a player location packet for where the server thinks they're supposed to be every time they place a block in an invalid location? Simple... Or just move them down to the lowest solid block every time they place a block in lobby...