General Bug Report Thread

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Or people could just not abuse the lag pillaring lag breaking glitches as they are not allowed to begin with.

I mean this in all due respect of course, but isn't that a bit like saying that we could tell people not to commit crimes instead of wasting taxpayer dollars on policemen? If there's an easy way to prevent escape via lag pillaring, why not just implement it? It won't do any more harm than it does good...

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Or people could just not abuse the lag pillaring lag breaking glitches as they are not allowed to begin with.

I mean this in all due respect of course, but isn't that a bit like saying that we could tell people not to commit crimes instead of wasting taxpayer dollars on policemen? If there's an easy way to prevent escape via lag pillaring, why not just implement it? It won't do any more harm than it does good...
Fair point, didn't mean to come off rude in that but it is not allowed to do that. I just don't know of an easy solution that would work well. The one you stated could work though but that is up to dirt and ogar.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Bug: Guests are able to leave the tutorial without ranking up to player.
How did you discover this bug: A guest was on the map, I teleported him back to tutorial while i saw him clearly run out of the tutorial skipping the rank up.
Solution: Make the last door of tutorial protected like how it is for shops.
Anything else you want to say about it: Guests seem to ignore the tutorial book, so maybe adding the words like in the old tutorial?

W

Wimali

How did you discover this bug: A guest was on the map, I teleported him back to tutorial while i saw him clearly run out of the tutorial skipping the rank up.
Anything else you want to say about it: Guests seem to ignore the tutorial book, so maybe adding the words like in the old tutorial?
Are guests still able to use /mvs? That might be the problem.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score

I think that the entire lobby should be made no-enter for Guests except for the tutorial area.

Also, the whole buying-a-book concept could teach them how to use the shop, and buying a book should be mandatory for moving on in the tutorial. Maybe have an old-fashioned hopper lock and an iron door? Or maybe an iron door and a pressure plate that first is connected to a check-if-user-has-a-book command block would solve this problem very simply.

Bug: Cannot buy stuff from the store during voting.

Solution: Make the store buying system back to what it was.

This also means you can't buy stuff if you're muted...

superhalo6

Reaction score
Bug: Pigmy Launching [Getting fired through blocks/Getting flicked off the edge of a block in a sponge house]
How did you discover this bug: If you make a house with a sponge 5 blocks above you one 5 blocks below you and 2 of to the side in each direction 5 blocks out and place a block in the center and if you sneaked over the edge of the block you get Pigmy Launched off it into the lava below.
In the second bug if you make a normal 2 air block spawn house and wait in it you [or atleast I] will get launched through blocks into lava causing death

Solution:

Anything else you want to say about it:

I attempted to replicate this and have lost items due to no Op's believing me [Later trying to replicate this I crashed causing my restore to be lost] [Hoogilan was there to verify the experiment] I was accused of hacking after trying to mention it to a OP. Also if the restore plugin creates a file type on which the data is placed the should be a back up system [I don't know how this plugin works]

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Bug: Pigmy Launching [Getting fired through blocks/Getting flicked off the edge of a block in a sponge house]
How did you discover this bug: If you make a house with a sponge 5 blocks above you one 5 blocks below you and 2 of to the side in each direction 5 blocks out and place a block in the center if you sneaked over the edge of the block you get Pigmy Launched off it into the lava below. In the second bug if you make a normal 2 air block spawn house and wait in it you [or atleast I] will get launched through blocks into lava causing death

Solution:

I attempted to replicate this and have lost items due to no Op's believing me [Later trying to replicate this I crashed causing my restore to be lost] [Hoogilan was there to verify the experiment] I was accused of hacking after trying to mention it to a OP. Also if the restore plugin creates a file type on which the data is placed the should be a back up system [I don't know how this plugin works]
I have never heard of this bug happening before, and I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Is it possible to take screenies of it?

Kalliee

Reaction score
Bug: You can put gravel/sand above the spawn and it falls in there.
How did you discover this bug: It just occurred to me this might work
Solution: I'm not sure. Maybe you can make it so that you can't build above the spawn?
Anything else you want to say about it: I was too lazy to pm you, Dessern5

crafter

Reaction score
Replying is being derpy so I'll make a new thing.
In addition to the "Pigmy Launching" (A comparison to flicking your pigmies in "Pocket God") What would happen is you'd be standing there and you'd just randomly get... kind of launched to the side. No upward momentum, just sideways but more than just walking. It is a very weird glitch and was discovered originally in a house of sponges. When trying to recreate it in another house of sponges with Hoogilan today Super crashed and I did too after the lava came. The only ones who have actually witnessed it are me, Super, and Harold. (Unless Hoog got it to work) We don't know exactly what it is yet though...

superhalo6

Reaction score
How did you discover this bug: If you make a house with a sponge 5 blocks above you one 5 blocks below you and 2 of to the side in each direction 5 blocks out and place a block in the center if you sneaked over the edge of the block you get Pigmy Launched off it into the lava below. In the second bug if you make a normal 2 air block spawn house and wait in it you [or atleast I] will get launched through blocks into lava causing death

Solution:

I have never heard of this bug happening before, and I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Is it possible to take screenies of it?

I would need to get video evidence/A OP/You to see it

H

Harold1995

Solution:

I would need to get video evidence/A OP/You to see it
I have seen this before was pretty weird wouldn't be sure how to fix this though:L

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: You can put gravel/sand above the spawn and it falls in there.
How did you discover this bug: It just occurred to me this might work
Solution: I'm not sure. Maybe you can make it so that you can't build above the spawn?
Anything else you want to say about it: I was too lazy to pm you, Dessern5
I found one Solution: Roof the spawn :3

• Creative
Reactions: kuilin and Kalliee

superhalo6

Reaction score
On the topic of Pigmy Launching I think I pin pointed what exactly causes this [For atleast getting launched into lava with no apparent reason] [Not the sponge house one] Occasionally if you walk into a player you will get knocked back from them no matter what is in the way

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
On the topic of Pigmy Launching I think I pin pointed what exactly causes this [For atleast getting launched into lava with no apparent reason] [Not the sponge house one] Occasionally if you walk into a player you will get knocked back from them no matter what is in the way
I don't know what to do for this because players should not be able to push you no matter what. dirtcake may know more on this.

Lucasandstuff

Reaction score
Bug: Not being able to leave tutorial to get to game
How did you discover this bug:

I thought ok guess I'm still player then, but when I tried to leave...

The sign said if I couldn't leave to try ranking up but I already have.
Solution: I have no clue really the best I could think of would be to demote me from player and try to add it again.
Anything else you want to say about it: I was just recently unbanned so it may have something to do with that. I wasn't able to speak in main chat either but I don't know if that's a bug or if that's part of the unbanning process.

Edit: There seems to be a bug fix where it prevented players from leaving the tutorial without ranking up to player. Could that have caused this?

Edit 2: This problem is fixed now, everything is back to normal thank you