General Bug Report Thread

Reaction score
Bug: Throwing enderpearls in the lobby doesn't teleport you and consumes the enderpearl.
How did you discover this bug: I threw an enderpearl in the lobby.
Solution: Make it so it gives your enderpearl back.

Trevmaster9

Reaction score
Bug: Apon playing classic rounds sometimes the items in your hotbar will appear with you when you move over.
EDIT* When you play classic rounds the items that you are using in classic rounds will sometimes appear on your survival character

How did you discover this bug: when I was playing myself I noticed a firework from classic that I had was in my other inventory.
Solution: I used my firework as getting rid of it but I have obtained a block of stone by doing so, Disposing of it later.
Anything else you want to say about it: It has happened to me atleast more than 3 times now and I still do not know the source of it.

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
This thread is for all your bug reporting purposes! Please note however, if this bug or flaw is map-specific, you can post about that here. You can report pretty much any other bug in this topic.

Fill in this format when reporting a bug please:

Bug:
How did you discover this bug:
Solution:
Anything else you want to say about it:
Bug: Inventory is broken
How did you discover this bug: logged in to find my stuff gone
Solution: X__x said to talk to the directors because he cant fix
Anything else you want to say about it: i just want my inventory fixed and my stuff back, thanks :)

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Placing flammable blocks on the edge of spawn causes fire inside spawn, which can't be put out because of nobuild
How did you discover this bug: Yes
Solution: If it's Minecraft's fire spread that's causing it, maybe write a plugin that suppresses it? Otherwise, set Worldguard's disable-lava-fire-spread to false maybe? That'll prevent the lava from setting fire to blocks, though that might be intended... Or if the lava setting fire to melted blocks thing is happening in the RoF custom plugin then maybe have it check for worldguard region first? Idk specifics.
Anything else you want to say about it: Nope

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Players can use /ch ignore <person>
How did you discover this bug: /ch help 2
Solution: Fix permissions so that can't happen
Anything else you want to say about it: Didn't I report this a while ago? Surprised it's still unfixed.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: People in ironman can /lobby and /plot home
How did you discover this bug: Being unfortunate enough to do it
Solution: Fix permissions so that can't happen
Anything else you want to say about it: Yes

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: It's possible to obtain water buckets by putting a bucket in a dispenser and then redstone toggling it
How did you discover this bug: Trying to figure out how I can fill my cauldrons on my plot
Solution: Fix it so it can't do that, like with lava.
Anything else you want to say about it: Though with plots, in my opinion picking up water is harmless - water should be able to be picked up for use in potion making. Also, water should be placeable in plots for the same reason.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Giant mushrooms can be built out of map bounds
How did you discover this bug: Yes
Solution: Make sure they clip instead of intersecting protected regions
Anything else you want to say about it: Being outside the map isn't really that much of an issue, but people could strategically mushroom the spawns of certain maps and cause people to suffocate on the nontransparent mushroom blocks.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Bug: Lava swimming possible

How did you discover this bug: After me and Robeans found a illegal block under the map, it was possible to swim at the side of the lava

Solution: Make an area 1 block around the border to tp players even when they go up the lava

Anything else you want to say about it: Helped by Robin :>

Bug: Get under the lava/illegal block

How did you discover this bug: After me and Robeans found a illegal block under the map.

Solution: Remove the block.

Anything else you want to say about it: Co-discovered by Me and Robin

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Anyone can use /enchantapi book and get a free book and quill with 51 pages
Solution: Fix permissions
Anything else you want to say about it: I incinerated the book.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Books that are in chests in maps that have blank pages now say null instead of a blank page
Solution: Replace the books?
Anything else you want to say about it: The screenshot was taken on Evergreen but the book is from Infected.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Although /ck is not allowed in kotl, /rof:ck still works.
Solution: Disable /rof:ck.
Anything else you want to say about it: I'm not sure how you guys set up disabled commands, but other loopholes might exist by naming the plugin and the command, bypassing disabling.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: The glitch where sticky pistons can pull nobreak blocks is still doable sometimes (I'm guessing it's because the block is opaque and not transparent, I'm not sure though).
Solution: Fix?
Anything else you want to say about it: I dunno why this worked - I tested the glass on that map with the nobreak glass and it resisted pulling. Might be because of orientation or something - difficult to check because not many maps have nobreak blocks.

Pistons pull sponges too

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: Players can use /say to say stuff without chat tags
Solution: Restrict /say
Anything else you want to /say about it: This seems like a harmless little fun thing - it only makes it appear differently, and it can't even be used to say stuff during the map vote.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: There's regions in spawn where players can build
Solution: Protect the whole world? Thought that was already the case...

Bug: Enchanting stuff doesn't take the correct amount of experience. I tested 3 times, all in the enchanting table above, with 3 lapis and a diamond pick enchanting at 30 levels. All 3 times reduced me to 27 levels only, and gave me the enchanted pick with levels appropriate for a 30 level enchant.
Solution: Totally blanking on why this would happen. Maybe a plugin messes with the levels or xp or something? Conflicts with multiple inventories thing? Dunno.
Edit: Tested the above with the enchanting table in my plot, with a stone pick and 27 levels, enchanting it by 24 levels. It took 3 levels too. Then tested a stone pick, enchanting at 1 level, and it only took 1 level. Something weird is happening, still dunno.

Edit: Lol I'm dumb

Bug: Chat still advertises Last Man Standing, even though it's already happened
Solution: /sca remove <number> or edit the config file

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Kullin this is feature not bug with enchanting!
Since 1.8 if you enchant some stuff, then you only have to pay only 1/2/3 level and lapis lazuli to do it.
For example you have level 30 and enchanting something using 3 lapis, you get back to level 27!

• Winner
Reactions: kuilin

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Bug: There's regions in spawn where players can build
Solution: Protect the whole world? Thought that was already the case...
The reason why players can currently build in certain spots is because of world guard issues on RoF, before players/mods couldn't use anything in the shops like crafting benches, furnaces and all sorts. The only way to fix it was to remove the WG zones on these objects, however if we find out that players have been abusing it to break the block and such. If this does happen, we will probably zone it again and disallow all players to use it since we wouldn't be able to trust players.

(And yes we have tried several times to fix it but WG is broken as to hell)

We might have to find a new plugin or something...

Last edited:

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
The reason why players can currently build in certain spots is because of world guard issues on RoF, before players/mods couldn't use anything in the shops like crafting benches, furnaces and all sorts. The only way to fix it was to remove the WG zones on these objects, however if we find out that players have been abusing it to break the block and such. If this does happen, we will probably zone it again and disallow all players to use it since we wouldn't be able to trust players.

(And yes we have tried several times to fix it but WG is broken as to hell)

We might have to find a new plugin or something...
Why would there be worldguard issues? I don't see why the build flag should affect chest-access, unless really weird things are happening with the regions, though I dunno how the server's set up so I shouldn't really comment on what should be easy and what shouldn't, I feel like that should be a relatively easy task... Another solution is to just set everyone in lobby to adventure mode, without switching inventory, if that's possible? I know gamemodeinventories is open source and it should be a relatively straightforward modification to make it access the survival inventory instead whenever the player is in Lobby.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Why would there be worldguard issues?
Worldguard determines build/place areas AND chest and furnace (and etc) access by different commands (if I remember correctly)

Another solution is to just set everyone in lobby to adventure mode, without switching inventory
Thats currently not possible cause dev has enabled the server that way that every gamemode has a different inventory so adventure mode would mean adventure inventory so people would not be able to buy stuff for survival and another thing is that people would be able to buy potions, armor and weapons for KotL/DR

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
dev has enabled the server that way that every gamemode has a different inventory so adventure mode would mean adventure inventory
That's exactly the point I addressed right after saying that? The plugin used is GameModeInventories2, which is open source. The code modification I'm talking about is extremely simple and straightforward - an example of an implementation would be an addition of one line to the switchInventory method of the plugin, something like if(p.getWorld().getName().equals("Lobby")) currentGM="SURVIVAL" so that, from the plugin's point of view, it considers all Lobby gamemodes as SURVIVAL and therefore saves and loads it as such. Then change the config to make Lobby adventure mode by default and then GMI will automatically handle the inventory loading, and you're all set.

The only complication I can see is the KOTL adventure inventory region, and that's pretty easily handled too, by using the WorldGuard API to check the region and not run the above if the player is in the region. There's a lazy way to do that one too (I hear the WG API is difficult to work with), by just checking hardcoded block ranges of the player if the world is Lobby, or by checking if the player has PVP enabled in the above if command, etc. Tbh hard coded block ranges for Lobby restrictions might be the easiest way to fix the Lobby chest-furnace-building problem too, since that's not really dynamic data - the Lobby rarely changes.

I know this won't cause other weird complications (and this is coming from someone who loves finding complications, haha) because I've investigated a similar phenomenon on the server... Specifically, at 0:15 of between round time, everyone is teleported out of kotl and into the Lobby main. The inventory is switched at this time, but not the gamemode of the client, which is still in adventure. Nobody notices though, unless you're trying to lag pillar or lag break blocks after the end of kotl but before any client world switches, and in that time the shops and everything else too works fine while in that pseudo-client-adventure-server-survival inventory limbo.

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
That's exactly the point I addressed right after saying that? The plugin used is GameModeInventories2, which is open source. The code modification I'm talking about is extremely simple and straightforward - an example of an implementation would be an addition of one line to the switchInventory method of the plugin, something like if(p.getWorld().getName().equals("Lobby")) currentGM="SURVIVAL" so that, from the plugin's point of view, it considers all Lobby gamemodes as SURVIVAL and therefore saves and loads it as such. Then change the config to make Lobby adventure mode by default and then GMI will automatically handle the inventory loading, and you're all set.

The only complication I can see is the KOTL adventure inventory region, and that's pretty easily handled too, by using the WorldGuard API to check the region and not run the above if the player is in the region. There's a lazy way to do that one too (I hear the WG API is difficult to work with), by just checking hardcoded block ranges of the player if the world is Lobby, or by checking if the player has PVP enabled in the above if command, etc. Tbh hard coded block ranges for Lobby restrictions might be the easiest way to fix the Lobby chest-furnace-building problem too, since that's not really dynamic data - the Lobby rarely changes.

I know this won't cause other weird complications (and this is coming from someone who loves finding complications, haha) because I've investigated a similar phenomenon on the server... Specifically, at 0:15 of between round time, everyone is teleported out of kotl and into the Lobby main. The inventory is switched at this time, but not the gamemode of the client, which is still in adventure. Nobody notices though, unless you're trying to lag pillar or lag break blocks after the end of kotl but before any client world switches, and in that time the shops and everything else too works fine while in that pseudo-client-adventure-server-survival inventory limbo.
I understand that but what if you buy items? Those wont go that easy to the right inventory, those go to the currect inventory so if that would be adventure, it would go to adventure mode what would mean that everything dev and psych did the past weeks to improve kotl, are useless again. Due to the fact that you can buy weapons again for adventure mode.
(keep in mind that kotl and shop are in the lobby too)

tnm

Reaction score
RoF doesn't use that gm inventories plugin, I made a custom one that works much better. Worldguard allows you to flag a region to have a particular gamemode, so if it were wanted a new area could be setup which forces adventure gamemode so items bought only went into that inventory.

Reactions: kuilin

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Ahh, that makes sense. I still don't think it's good practice to have inventories tied with gamemodes - it makes more sense to have separate inventory regions independent of separate gamemode regions. That way it's far more unlikely to have so many exploits involving shuffling items between inventories.