[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What's irrelevant exactly? I've been probing for info. Not taking strong stances myself, fair, but calling my posts filler is needlessly dismissive.
for example saying how rvs is vapid, that stuck out to me as irrelevant and weird

Wanted people's takes on situations and for them to elaborate on half-reads that they themselves posted. I haven't called anyone out for not having reads, I've called people out for putting out reads that aren't substantiated.
you called hk out on not having any thoughts

And what was the other point? Because it was semantics, I stand by that. It was a pointless squabble over the definition of 'aura' and 'vibe.'
it wasnt a debate over the definition of aura and vibe though it was alisha saying she found oogs word choice unnatural

Except I absolutely make deals out of these things. Found scum!Poke last game because of their D0 voting/sheeping posts/etc. If there's something to make a deal out of then it's worth making a deal out of it. FMPOV Skel has just been filling space, and I don't see anything wrong with calling that out. It's not just the vote-split comment; their ISO is full of similar posts.

The counter obviously becomes 'but it's D0!,' but the memes are clearly over and things are more serious now imo.
pokes voting were actually serious things he was doing that you could make a read from though, skele's posts are imo clearly just half-jokes

maybe its since i know skele better than you so i know hes not taking the game as seriously as you think he is but your callouts on him just felt unnecessary and reachy rather than genuinely thinking it maybe meant something of his alignment

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
for example saying how rvs is vapid, that stuck out to me as irrelevant and weird
Not really. An RVS vote was being taken seriously/semi-seriously when rarely are they anything other than random.

you called hk out on not having any thoughts
Yeah fair, that's my b for forgetting.

it wasnt a debate over the definition of aura and vibe though it was alisha saying she found oogs word choice unnatural
Which revolved around aura and vibe.

pokes voting were actually serious things he was doing that you could make a read from though, skele's posts are imo clearly just half-jokes

maybe its since i know skele better than you so i know hes not taking the game as seriously as you think he is but your callouts on him just felt unnecessary and reachy rather than genuinely thinking it maybe meant something of his alignment
If I wanted to reach, I'd make something up. Their posts are filler and there's not really an argument against that. Not pushing here, but if their answers don't satisfy me then I will.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is this a real question?
Because I don't even know how one would go about answering it.
But here's my answer: I prefer facts.
I have no idea how to answer this question either Tbh. Especially since facts are in short supply right now.

also i think booo is acting very similarly to how she did as mafia in alishas game so thats concerning me slightly
In what ways do you think she's acting similarly to Happy Vice Institute? I dont have much of a read on Boooo right now, but id like to hear your thoughts.

That's because it was a half-baked reads list and it internally contradicted itself. Making a literal list of reads was bad to me because I don't see how any feelings about players that early on en masse can be useful, and it's usually a LAMIST scum post.

My issue stands w/the lack of substantiated opinions and observation > actual content. If there's a read put out there, then it should be backed up; I don't like it when reads hang in the air and get dodged around.
Ok but if we're being real there isn't a ton of substantive content off of which to base those opinions early game, doubly so in a closed setup with several wonky 3p roles. So to some degree everybody is going to have to rely somewhat on their feelings to build opinions in the first place. Expecting people to have highly substantial or insightful opinions d0 or even d1 simply isn't realistic.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what about that makes him suspicious to you?
Now that I understand the whole aura thing I'm not really suspicious of him anymore, but like I said it felt like he was doubling down trying to be like "This weird thing I said makes perfect sense! Look!" without actually providing any new information to explain it? I guess? Tbh the image still doesn't make sense to me nor do I understand how it was supposed to help though.
the best read is the flash read where you get a sudden flash of insight or see a colour

ive had this flash three times and all three times they were right (vat as arsonist in LCN on like day 1 or 2, omni as mafia a few games ago on like day 1, and listings as revolutionary in the first republic during day 0)
<o>
Ok but if we're being real there isn't a ton of substantive content off of which to base those opinions early game, doubly so in a closed setup with several wonky 3p roles.
Ehh?? Is there something you'd like to share with the class?

Good Skele

Reaction score
i dont think you'd be like 'wow these people are hard to read compared to my usual games' since usually you dont have reads for ages

and saying you think boo is slight town so early, for you who usually is cautious with your reads (at least from what i remember) feels faked as well
Ages? What are you even talking about? I'm pointing out that there are so many people that I just haven't played with so it's a bit confusing from the reads part, and also people are playing here a bit more different than the way I'm used to. Boooo as I said a slight townread because they actually seems to be participating or at least trying to be, which I couldn't notice from the last game where they were scum

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Running order
_________GAP
| 1. ALI -
| 2. STR 15
| 3. NOT 1
| 4. MOO 0
| 5. GOO 6
| 6. HIP 1
| 7. INF 0
| 8. MAR 2
| 9. HKC 1
|10. BOO 1
|11. TIM 1
|12. DUF 0
|13. OKX 3
|14. SKO 0

Votecount
HIP - [1] - MAR
MOO - [2] - HIP, BOO
MAR - [2] - STR, INF
DUF - [1] - DUF
BOO - [1] - NOT
GOO - [1] - ALI
With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.
The deadline is 23:59 GMT on November 6th.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Not really. An RVS vote was being taken seriously/semi-seriously when rarely are they anything other than random.
when was it ever taking seriously or sem-seriously

Which revolved around aura and vibe.
yeah but (and i shouldve said this before in the post that youre replying to but i forgot) the convo wasnt based around two people disagreeing over semantics, that was only the initial part when alisha's definition of aura was similar to vibe so asked why oog wouldnt just say vibe, but as soon as oog clarified alisha didn't argue about the definition of it, she was instead focusing on the other thing she pointed out

like it was

alisha: auras a weird word choice, why not just use the word vibe? feels like youre using a different word just to appear a certain way or something. also you say its not specific to me but it clearly is so that seems disingenous
oog: aura =/= vibe to me, i meant aura not vibe so i said aura, and i didnt say its not specific to you
alisha: you did
oog: disagree

so nobody actually argued about the definition or meaning of anything, yet you told alisha shed been argueing about semantics for several pages and whether that justifies a push on oog or something (this is all from memory), which i found to be a bit gaslighty/undermining what really happened, since argueing over semantics to me implies theyre just disagreeing on a definition and thats all there was to it

Yeah fair, that's my b for forgetting.
so then whats your explanation for that then, why call out hk on not having thoughts when you hadnt got any relevant-to-alignment thoughts yet at that time either

If I wanted to reach, I'd make something up. Their posts are filler and there's not really an argument against that. Not pushing here, but if their answers don't satisfy me then I will.
you wouldnt make something up since people would be able to see you made it up

instead you'd latch onto something that ordinarily youd let go, and from my memory of you last game youd have let good skeles stuff go

maybe if he did stuff like what he did right now, after serious discussion has happened, then i could see you latching onto it, but when its all just memeing around and nothing serious yet, why focus on good skeles comments as being filler when its so early and nothing else to say, just felt too extreme to me, like you overestimated how much youd need to nitpick to replicate your town behaviour

In what ways do you think she's acting similarly to Happy Vice Institute? I dont have much of a read on Boooo right now, but id like to hear your thoughts.
being so aggressive vs being more passive towards poke in the next game, even though she was pushing on him it was a lot less volatile (if thats the right word)

the level of aggression feels just like when she was mafia

Ages? What are you even talking about? I'm pointing out that there are so many people that I just haven't played with so it's a bit confusing from the reads part, and also people are playing here a bit more different than the way I'm used to. Boooo as I said a slight townread because they actually seems to be participating or at least trying to be, which I couldn't notice from the last game where they were scum
usually iirc in discord you dont really have reads early game at all, which suggests to me you dont find it easy to read people early game, so coming here and being like 'wow people are dificult to read here', which to me implies youre saying its particularly dificult to read people here compared to other places since you said 'here', doesnt feel right to me since surely youd always feel people are impossible to read early game if you never have any early game reads so why would it feel different here

i mean i guess i can see you seeing it as like 'well usually i have some thoughts about people but dont feel confident enough to say them or think of alternative possibilities that neutralised them so i dont say them, but now i just have nothing here' now that i think about it

also boo was maf here a couple games ago and contributed a lot fwiw

• Winner
  • Disagree
Reactions: Boooo and Alisha

Good Skele

Reaction score
usually iirc in discord you dont really have reads early game at all, which suggests to me you dont find it easy to read people early game, so coming here and being like 'wow people are dificult to read here', which to me implies youre saying its particularly dificult to read people here compared to other places since you said 'here', doesnt feel right to me since surely youd always feel people are impossible to read early game if you never have any early game reads so why would it feel different here
I did, although it's not like I always willed to share them with public

also boo was maf here a couple games ago and contributed a lot fwiw
I am talking about the Discord game and got absolutely no ideas what you had at previous games

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I did, although it's not like I always willed to share them with public

I am talking about the Discord game and got absolutely no ideas what you had at previous games
yeah ik, im just saying, fwiw its not reliable to townread boo because shes contributing, because shes proven to (at least sometimes) contribute lots when shes mafia since she did that a few games ago here

Good Skele

Reaction score
yeah ik, im just saying, fwiw its not reliable to townread boo because shes contributing, because shes proven to (at least sometimes) contribute lots when shes mafia since she did that a few games ago here
I see, also would you be so kind to explain what does "fwiw" mean, nerd

• Haha
Reactions: Boooo

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
when was it ever taking seriously or sem-seriously
hip voted Oog for memes; Alisha said they approved of the vote, which then caused hip to unvote. Too much stock was put into a rand.

yeah but (and i shouldve said this before in the post that youre replying to but i forgot) the convo wasnt based around two people disagreeing over semantics, that was only the initial part when alisha's definition of aura was similar to vibe so asked why oog wouldnt just say vibe, but as soon as oog clarified alisha didn't argue about the definition of it, she was instead focusing on the other thing she pointed out

like it was

alisha: auras a weird word choice, why not just use the word vibe? feels like youre using a different word just to appear a certain way or something. also you say its not specific to me but it clearly is so that seems disingenous
oog: aura =/= vibe to me, i meant aura not vibe so i said aura, and i didnt say its not specific to you
alisha: you did
oog: disagree

so nobody actually argued about the definition or meaning of anything, yet you told alisha shed been argueing about semantics for several pages and whether that justifies a push on oog or something (this is all from memory), which i found to be a bit gaslighty/undermining what really happened, since argueing over semantics to me implies theyre just disagreeing on a definition and thats all there was to it
Agree to disagree then, because that's all I got from that, and Alisha didn't disagree w/my take in that regard.

so then whats your explanation for that then, why call out hk on not having thoughts when you hadnt got any relevant-to-alignment thoughts yet at that time either
I was contributing, they weren't. You're insisting all I've done is filler when I've been moving discussion.

you wouldnt make something up since people would be able to see you made it up
What does this even mean?

instead you'd latch onto something that ordinarily youd let go, and from my memory of you last game youd have let good skeles stuff go

maybe if he did stuff like what he did right now, after serious discussion has happened, then i could see you latching onto it, but when its all just memeing around and nothing serious yet, why focus on good skeles comments as being filler when its so early and nothing else to say, just felt too extreme to me, like you overestimated how much youd need to nitpick to replicate your town behaviour
This is how I've always done early game man. I don't know how to convince you otherwise considering you're so tunneled on a meta that doesn't exist; it's basically just blatant misinterpretation at this point.