[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
@Timdood3 can I get a new partner please
Are you tagging me because you still think I'm the host? You gotta take Ltin up on that.
Seems like you're throwing a mini tantrum over nothing here
He's said in the past (primarily in last games dead chat I think) that he feels like he's being bullied (Note: not his words). I think we should respect his feelings and stop calling him "Sir Mars Bar the fun police." He's asked for it to stop and I honestly feel like it's bordering on harassment. Therefore, I feel his reaction is perfectly justified.

Boooo

Reaction score
woops minorly my fault i thought you said i was susp for defending her now that shes under susp but you said thats actually town-y
admittedly you worded it weirdly i take 0 responsibility!
Sorry lol, I have the tendency to do that

Not this again, guess you're blatantly scum v2

Unvote
Vote Boo
Lmao, I'm not even pushing yet

Are you tagging me because you still think I'm the host? You gotta take Ltin up on that.

He's said in the past (primarily in last games dead chat I think) that he feels like he's being bullied (Note: not his words). I think we should respect his feelings and stop calling him "Sir Mars Bar the fun police." He's asked for it to stop and I honestly feel like it's bordering on harassment. Therefore, I feel his reaction is perfectly justified.
I forgot u weren't hosting, I'm so used to it

Awwww, poor guy :/ that makes a lot more sense now

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we keep up the fun police angle I just won't play, it's not entertaining to be the bad guy for doing what the game calls for.

There's a difference between strong opinions and having any kind of opinion. Having zero thoughts outside of memeing and passing observations is a scum way of filling space = illusion of participation.
Sorry, I'll quit it.
That said the second part of this feels very weird to me, seeing as last game you got annoyed at me for posting a reads list that didn't appear to have any strong opinions early on. This feels like too much of a behavior shift for me to believe you're trustworthy right now.

im psychic ;)

skele's veeerrrry slightly suspicious to me, just vibes, but nothing id want to pursue yet, its very subtle and i dont think hes acting *that* different, just subtly off but feels like it could easily just be fluff
We all know you're psychic lol
Anyway, I do see where you're coming from with Skele. I feel like that's because this is the first forum game he's actually been seriously involved in. I'm keeping an eye on it tho.

If you wanna know if skele is scum, poke him and see if he explodes*
Agreed, currently I dont think he's scum though.

Ok fair, I'll chill it with the fun police stuff.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I don't recall calling you names, just saying you were currently overreacting, no need to get sensitive love

And no, I'm not jumping onto your sus, I just think oog is being weird and I wanted to vote him to see if he'd react. Speaking of, moog seems to have left me out of his reads, wonder why
i was just talking about the aura thing chill YOU’RE HURTING MY FEELINGS
If you wanna know if skele is scum, poke him and see explodes
good idea

unvote
vote good skele

the fact that you're defending Alisha now that she's been sus from this reads town to me, unless you're a very careful maf- or maybe a possible Alisha/moog team who fake sused each other to remove suspicion!
excuse me i never was sus, oog mentioned my AURA but never said i was sus

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm calling out Skel and Hk for dodging and ignoring discussion, if I get stuff from them then we move on. I dunno where scum fits into the picture, so walk me through that.
HK is normally pretty quiet though. I can see where you're coming from with the dodging discussion angle but I feel like that has to do more with meme day zero than anything else right now. I would like to hear if HKCaper has any opinions though.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're actually joking or retracting a softclaim >->
just joking, ltin told us they have no meaning other than flavour and the host wouldn't lie unless this was a bastard game and i think he'd have told us if it was!

Oog because the whole vibe vs aura thing doesn't sit right with me and the image he made, while perfectly within the bounds of what I would expect from him, feels like he's doubling down trying to defend a weird thing he said rather than just leave it and wait for people to forget about it.
what about that makes him suspicious to you?

id like to *honk* in, oog's vibe vs aura makes perfect sense to me, in fact there is even more ways to get 'reads'.

vibe is something like in your mind you got a psychic <o> read that someone is this or that, while aura is rather a cloud surrounding a player that can seem a certain way. i think oog's drawing makes sense. I'd like to throw primal instinct read into the mix. its like an intense burst of energy and usually involves a sudden feeling of danger coming over you, warning you of a certain player (okay this might sounds crazy, but i am starting to get addicted to papaya juice so who knows).
the best read is the flash read where you get a sudden flash of insight or see a colour

ive had this flash three times and all three times they were right (vat as arsonist in LCN on like day 1 or 2, omni as mafia a few games ago on like day 1, and listings as revolutionary in the first republic during day 0)

please stop always taking my exaggeration literally i feel like this is most of the reason why you suspect me (cough cough that one time when i said you hardcore pushed on me or something i dont remember the specifics either way i like to use exaggeration ok)
im not taking it literally, but in order for you to even consider saying its a waste of time must mean that you thought it was even just slightly a waste of time, and idk it took up like 5 posts so i dont see why anyone would get impatient about that or feel the need to say anything about it at that point, so it felt like your intention was just to defend oog which makes me wonder whether it was a whiteknight attempt or scumbuddy defence attempt or something
@inf I have always played D0 and D1 straight as town. Calling me out for it now doesn't make much sense when this is my town game every time, and it's basically being used to fit a narrative for you.
but youre playing it more extreme this time and saying irrelevant things which you didnt do last time, and accusing others of not giving thoughts whilst simultaneously lacking alignment-related thoughts yourself (well you have some now but at the time you didnt)

And even though I'm taking this for realsies, you are vastly overstating my takes and posts. I wanted more out of Alisha, and calling my post as saying it was criticizing her for taking 'ages' is making up things that aren't there. I'm asking for info, and people aren't giving it. I can't make any reads myself until people play ball with me.
ok maybe 'ages' shouldnt have been used since you said 'last x pages' but why would you even mention the page number that shed been talking for if you werent trying to imply itd been going on for too long, so thats why i interpreted it that way

the other point about you calling it just semantics still stands as well

and yeah but why make a deal out of people not having reads when you dont have any yourself, surely youd be like 'well i cant suspect hk for not giving a thought yet since im struggling as well so itd be unreasonable of me to suspect him for being in the same boat'

I'm calling out Skel and Hk for dodging and ignoring discussion, if I get stuff from them then we move on. I dunno where scum fits into the picture, so walk me through that.
since its too early/too little to go on for you to behave that way reasonably imo, you yourself didnt have any alignment-based reads so why call out hk for it, and calling out skele for just commenting that the votes are split felt like reaching for something to talk about since i think its reasonable people will make 'hollow' posts like that at the start and i think townie mars would agree and not make a deal out of it so early on

That said the second part of this feels very weird to me, seeing as last game you got annoyed at me for posting a reads list that didn't appear to have any strong opinions early on. This feels like too much of a behavior shift for me to believe you're trustworthy right now.

I Don't Know's on third
btw posts after one another dont count towards the race
very good point as well i forgot about that

10 points to strangers team!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
woops that last quote broke let me try again

I Don't Know's on third
btw posts after one another dont count towards the race

very good point as well i forgot about that

10 points to strangers team!

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but youre playing it more extreme this time and saying irrelevant things which you didnt do last time, and accusing others of not giving thoughts whilst simultaneously lacking alignment-related thoughts yourself (well you have some now but at the time you didnt)
What's irrelevant exactly? I've been probing for info. Not taking strong stances myself, fair, but calling my posts filler is needlessly dismissive.

ok maybe 'ages' shouldnt have been used since you said 'last x pages' but why would you even mention the page number that shed been talking for if you werent trying to imply itd been going on for too long, so thats why i interpreted it that way

the other point about you calling it just semantics still stands as well

and yeah but why make a deal out of people not having reads when you dont have any yourself, surely youd be like 'well i cant suspect hk for not giving a thought yet since im struggling as well so itd be unreasonable of me to suspect him for being in the same boat'
Wanted people's takes on situations and for them to elaborate on half-reads that they themselves posted. I haven't called anyone out for not having reads, I've called people out for putting out reads that aren't substantiated.

I don't like early-game reads so I don't make them often. When other people make them this early, when there's not much to go on, then I want to know the thought process. Leaving them hanging out there like that is filler-esque.

And what was the other point? Because it was semantics, I stand by that. It was a pointless squabble over the definition of 'aura' and 'vibe.'

since its too early/too little to go on for you to behave that way reasonably imo, you yourself didnt have any alignment-based reads so why call out hk for it, and calling out skele for just commenting that the votes are split felt like reaching for something to talk about since i think its reasonable people will make 'hollow' posts like that at the start and i think townie mars would agree and not make a deal out of it so early on
Except I absolutely make deals out of these things. Found scum!Poke last game because of their D0 voting/sheeping posts/etc. If there's something to make a deal out of then it's worth making a deal out of it. FMPOV Skel has just been filling space, and I don't see anything wrong with calling that out. It's not just the vote-split comment; their ISO is full of similar posts.

The counter obviously becomes 'but it's D0!,' but the memes are clearly over and things are more serious now imo.

Reactions: Boooo

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry, I'll quit it.
That's because it was a half-baked reads list and it internally contradicted itself. Making a literal list of reads was bad to me because I don't see how any feelings about players that early on en masse can be useful, and it's usually a LAMIST scum post.

My issue stands w/the lack of substantiated opinions and observation > actual content. If there's a read put out there, then it should be backed up; I don't like it when reads hang in the air and get dodged around.

Reactions: Boooo