Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
....well yea, cus you switched the implication of the normative from town to mafia....?
saying 'i can't see them misreading their pm even as town' reads as "despite the fact they're town (a situation where it is more likely you would misread your role pm), I cannot see them misreading their pm"

I hope I'm making sense here.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
saying 'i can't see them misreading their pm even as town' reads as "despite the fact they're town (a situation where it is more likely you would misread your role pm), I cannot see them misreading their pm"

youre not and you just contradicted what you said earlier about town and maf being equally likely to misread

• Confusing
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

An analogy would be

I can't see them buying icecream, even though it's hot outside.

or

I can't eat another footlong hotdog with extra mayo, even though I said I could take 10 footlong hotdogs at once earlier.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
youre not and you just contradicted what you said earlier about town and maf being equally likely to misread
I was saying at BEST mafia and town are equally likely to - but I think it's a fair assumption due to how mafia works, you're going to pay more care to your role pm as mafia than town. If you couldn't make the distinction at all then it wouldn't work either-way because you'd be right, there wouldn't be a deviation from the norm that oogs implying with his sentence.

But I think it's a fair assessment that people take more care when they're scum than when they do town, thus again why can't made more sense to me as it could work, than can which just didn't work in the sentence structure.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
"i cant see them misreading it even as town" would imply its more believable theyd misread it as town vs mafia

those 'analogies' are about 'even though youd think it was likely, it didnt happen'
exactly it's a deviation - altho in my analogies I used a past and current description (sunny day and wanting hot dogs) where as Notty being town would be an assumption.

Both deviate for the implied meaning.

Notty being town would mean she 'could' misread her role pm - but despite this fact, I still don't believe her.

It being a sunny day implies it's good weather for ice cream - but despite this, I don't want one.

They're not exact, but it's an analogy dude, it doesn't have to be a perfect 1:1

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was saying at BEST mafia and town are equally likely to - but I think it's a fair assumption due to how mafia works, you're going to pay more care to your role pm as mafia than town. If you couldn't make the distinction at all then it wouldn't work either-way because you'd be right, there wouldn't be a deviation from the norm that oogs implying with his sentence.

But I think it's a fair assessment that people take more care when they're scum than when they do town, thus again why can't made more sense to me as it could work, than can which just didn't work in the sentence structure.
i guess but this assumes oog thinks its more likely youll misread as town vs scum instead of thinking he probs just didnt write in perfect english

and to me its not an obvious assumption that town will be more likely to misread as scum, especially not significantly more likely, and if its not significantly more likely then it wouldnt be worth mentioning!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
exactly it's a deviation - altho in my analogies I used a past and current description (sunny day and wanting hot dogs) where as Notty being town would be an assumption.

Notty being town would mean she 'could' misread her role pm - but despite this fact, I still don't believe her.

It being a sunny day implies it's good weather for ice cream - but despite this, I don't want one.

They're not exact, but it's an analogy dude, it doesn't have to be a perfect 1:1
This makes no sense

I eat icecream most days regardless of the weather

• Winner
Reactions: Mooglie and Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I can't even remember their claim but considering I think the scum are in Weak, Auctioneer(Stranger) and You/Oog they are town by elimination for now. + I don't want HK to have it since I suspect they're dying tonight
If your claim is real how would I be scum considering we shared so much about our claims and I claimed first with no insight or mechanical knowledge that would support it?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

yh but my point was that theres no reason to think notty was more likely to misread it as town vs mafia

but you disagreed

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i guess but this assumes oog thinks its more likely youll misread as town vs scum instead of thinking he probs just didnt write in perfect english
Well yea but like I said earlier... that's what I would expect oog to think, just as I'd expect you to think it.

Perhaps that's on me for assuming everyone takes more care when playing as mafia than they do as town but either way it doesn't make sense.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
why cant your real role be a scum role
Because if I was scum then how would I know about:

the 3 coins day 0 thing
Getting a monetary cut based off the auction house (altho I suppose this could have been a guess but at the time it really wasn't obvious how the auctions would work - especially since I had no idea you, unu and stranger were auctioneers.)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because if I was scum then how would I know about:

the 3 coins day 0 thing
Getting a monetary cut based off the auction house (altho I suppose this could have been a guess but at the time it really wasn't obvious how the auctions would work - especially since I had no idea you, unu and stranger were auctioneers.)
what do you mean

im saying why cant the role you claimed be your real scum one and you just claimed it since its not exactly inherently scummy sounding

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
it wasnt a bad argument youre just bad!
I asked for proof within context

you supplied quotes

from those quotes I inferred notty was right

then you said "No there's other context that makes me right"

So I gave up, I don't even care if you were right. In a debate you lost the argument right there.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I asked for proof within context

you supplied quotes

from those quotes I inferred notty was right

then you said "No there's other context that makes me right"

So I gave up, I don't even care if you were right. In a debate you lost the argument right there.
so because you were too lazy to just click on the quotes and see that i was asking 'why' my argument was bad ?

and if you used your brain you didnt even need to click on them cuz the words notty was using was literally "because" on the start of their posts!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
what do you mean

im saying why cant the role you claimed be your real scum one and you just claimed it since its not exactly inherently scummy sounding
Why would a scum role get a cut of the auction house when their whole way of getting money is killing people??? Also why would a scum role just get money from the auction house but a town role would get money form the auction house AND a scum black market?

And finally notty corroborated the 3 coins for no income day 0...

How the fuck would notty be town and me be mafia if I knew about that... clearly mafia can make money night 1 so that makes literally 0 sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.