EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
And this is why I want to see what Notty flips before I make up my mind on you. B/c like I said, I can see your role claim being legit and likely not mafia. I could also see Notty taking an offhand reference you made earlier and running with it for their fakeclaim. All of this hinges on Notty lying about their role of course, and if it's true that Notty is full of BS, then I'd say that would clear you in my books.
However, if Notty flips town, then I would have to seriously rethink my read on you because I can't see both of your roles existing in the same faction AND the setup still being balanced.
why would notty being full of BS mean alishas town? if nottys full of BS that means their claim isnt real doesnt it? so then youd have no reason to think alisha cant be scum because its not like the mafia have access to the black market, so you cant think that itd be OP to have alisha with them as well

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also it's been so long since I had a good mafia game against notty, it'll such if she gets lynched day 0 but it seems like our best choice :(

I just wanted inf dead why did I massclaim...
unvote

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
why would notty being full of BS mean alishas town? if nottys full of BS that means their claim isnt real doesnt it? so then youd have no reason to think alisha cant be scum because its not like the mafia have access to the black market, so you cant think that itd be OP to have alisha with them as well
I think they mean if Notty flips town it means they were telling the truth about the black market, implying alisha did know about it's existence and threw notty under the bus. I guess it COOOOULD be a coincidence, but that's less likely.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
it was the stupid blue flag thing in the racecar mafia
'incorrect since im basing my vote on logic and not vibes!

penalty immunity makes 0 sense
'championship contender' handing out flags makes 0 sense (since youre part of the race why are you doing a race staff's job)

your role just doesnt make sense aka logic aka if youre town ltin is to be blamed for this lynch '

me in formula mafia
notty this game:
- misleading name (profiteer)
- misleading offhand phrase (cant gain coins day 0)

notty in formula mafia:
- misleading name (championship contender)
- misleading offhand phrase (pentalty immunity)

ITS LITERALLY HAPPENING AGAIN

Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i said i had less than average not zERO

and im using my head :) talk sh*t get hit, mess with me ill lynch you, we're repeating the pearled bridge dear <3
but i mean, just in case because i worried this would be misinterpreted, i am joking!

you are the most scummy person in the game to me right now though

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also idk how into pm mechanics this goes but you mentioned something about starting with coins because of not being able to gain money. Is this only day 0 like me?
Don't you fucking play dumb with me young lady you know I've already clarified this in the thread, stop trying to copy my role ?

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
wait

where does nottys role contradict mine
Even post-claim I'm still more inclined to believe that Alisha's town than Notty, especially since Notty's the only person who has access to the black market[sup]TM[/sup] thus far. That said, I still believe Alisha's role is most likely 3p, but if not 3p then I'd say it's town-aligned.
In addition, I don't think Alisha and Notty are on the same faction, period. My initial theory about the black market[sup]TM[/sup] is that it's a way for certain roles to buy items that weren't put up for auction that specific day. A scum having access to both that AND a ridiculous amount of coins seems extremely unbalanced IMO.
Dumb wording on my part - I should have outright said "if Notty is scum". Regardless, my point that any faction having access to both the number of coins that Alisha can provide AND this hypothetical black market is OP still stands. Obviously this is assuming that there's some degree of legitimacy to both Alisha and Notty's claims, which at this point I'm inclined to think there is, since nobody has access to knowledge of any role other than their own and what's been claimed here. At this point it would be far easier to build a lie around a small shred of truth than it would to pull something out of your ass and hope it works.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Dumb wording on my part - I should have outright said "if Notty is scum". Regardless, my point that any faction having access to both the number of coins that Alisha can provide AND this hypothetical black market is OP still stands. Obviously this is assuming that there's some degree of legitimacy to both Alisha and Notty's claims, which at this point I'm inclined to think there is, since nobody has access to knowledge of any role other than their own and what's been claimed here. At this point it would be far easier to build a lie around a small shred of truth than it would to pull something out of your ass and hope it works.
why would it be contradictory? my claim has no way of interacting with the black market anyway

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nottys black market did come from a shred of truth but it doesnt need to be because its part of their role, it could be from alisha mentioning it. they thought this was alisha hinting at its existence because it seemed random to them. thats my theory anyway!!!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
nottys black market did come from a shred of truth but it doesnt need to be because its part of their role, it could be from alisha mentioning it. they thought this was alisha hinting at its existence because it seemed random to them. thats my theory anyway!!!
Im genuinly 90% sure this exact scenario happened before where I was accused of turning some piece of flavour into a fake role mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.