EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
nobody said your ability is legit and that you didnt lie, though...
WIFOM!
yeah true, but thats another thing, it fits you like a glove, its too convenient. its not impossible but its very convenient.
yeah i can’t disagree i have it very easy here
how would that be an easy route to being a cop, what did claiming have anything to do with that...?
so i could get an inspection off before i claim and give a real result, i feel like i could bid it all and win

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're not wrong. The biggest confusion is that unless I gain money another way I'm supposed to win items by only bidding 1 coin? I thought maybe wed get like a list of 10 items and I could go for the less popular ones but it sounds like players will be providing items so now I expect like 3-4 items
what do you mean only bidding 1 coin?

WIFOM!

yeah i can’t disagree i have it very easy here
so i could get an inspection off before i claim and give a real result, i feel like i could bid it all and win
but why couldnt you do that and also claim?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
o i gain 1 coin for every player who donates not every donation (that makes sense since i was wondering why wouldnt anyone just donate in 1 coin intervals to make me rich / i guess i could donate to someone eventually and i could donate an infinite 1 coin since id always be getting 1 coin back)

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Even post-claim I'm still more inclined to believe that Alisha's town than Notty, especially since Notty's the only person who has access to the black market[sup]TM[/sup] thus far. That said, I still believe Alisha's role is most likely 3p, but if not 3p then I'd say it's town-aligned.
In addition, I don't think Alisha and Notty are on the same faction, period. My initial theory about the black market[sup]TM[/sup] is that it's a way for certain roles to buy items that weren't put up for auction that specific day. A scum having access to both that AND a ridiculous amount of coins seems extremely unbalanced IMO.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Even post-claim I'm still more inclined to believe that Alisha's town than Notty, especially since Notty's the only person who has access to the black market[sup]TM[/sup] thus far. That said, I still believe Alisha's role is most likely 3p, but if not 3p then I'd say it's town-aligned.
In addition, I don't think Alisha and Notty are on the same faction, period. My initial theory about the black market[sup]TM[/sup] is that it's a way for certain roles to buy items that weren't put up for auction that specific day. A scum having access to both that AND a ridiculous amount of coins seems extremely unbalanced IMO.
notty and alisha can easily be mafia though, even with that line of thinking, because the black market could easily be a lie (it is).

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
For Alisha to bring up the Black Market earlier is still kinda weird to me though, especially since they claim its just about referencing something from last game

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh im starting to think notty is a third party and is hiding a passive day coin gain since it fits into their wincon somehow since that would make the name profiteer actually make sense as well as not being able to gain coins day 0

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
tbh im starting to think notty is a third party and is hiding a passive day coin gain since it fits into their wincon somehow since that would make the name profiteer actually make sense as well as not being able to gain coins day 0
taking a drink, notty referenced as third party

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i feel like scum would figure out what items have been bought, and when they see a police scanner in an auction they will go oh the person who claimed to get 10 coins probably will bid on this
ok, thats what i thought might be the reason, i just wanted you to say it rather than just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume thats what you meant

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but i mean... which item should i put up for bid then? i was gonna do PI contract since its the best sounding

search warrant makes me think it allows the user to search a player's items.

security camera = make someone a watcher

PI Contract = cop ability, right?!!!! or do you guys think im misinterpreting what it could be?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
but i mean... which item should i put up for bid then? i was gonna do PI contract since its the best sounding

search warrant makes me think it allows the user to search a player's items.

security camera = make someone a watcher

PI Contract = cop ability, right?!!!! or do you guys think im misinterpreting what it could be?
watchers are frickin amazing

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Do items not get used up after one time?
they probably do yeah, itd be a 1-shot thing i assume. and i have to cycle through them so itd be another few nights before i could give it again. i cant give out an item more than 1 time more than any other, but once ive cycled through i am able to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.