EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean after the fact. You claimed less than average, then immediately claimed exactly the average 2 posts apart. Unless I'm being an idiot at no point until now you've said 'I have no idea what the average is.' You've claimed it was a tactic to confuse mafia, you've blamed getting confused by your role pm

If you were townie, like me, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't just say "I didn't know" and be done with it.
you need to go re-read my posts then because ive already explained this

i didnt just say i didnt know since i was assuming i was below average because i was assuming i was an outlier by having 0 coins, so my true answer was 'yes'

i didnt wanna lie and say 'i dont know' since nottys line of questioning only made sense if they were some coin day investigator and saw i had 0 coins so that was my theory in which case me saying 'i dont know' would out me as a liar

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
If ur the best mafia player in the world what's inf's alignment?????
purple :)
notty was the only one asking me to claim my coins but they never gave a reason for it, it mightve been because i was suspicious but they didnt say that at least and nobody else did either
i dont think thats true (notty being the only one to ask since why would they have been able to pressure stranger/you to do it singlehandedly!!!)

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean after the fact. You claimed less than average, then immediately claimed exactly the average 2 posts apart. Unless I'm being an idiot at no point until now you've said 'I have no idea what the average is.' You've claimed it was a tactic to confuse mafia, you've blamed getting confused by your role pm

If you were townie, like me, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't just say "I didn't know" and be done with it.
Yeah with claiming to have no way to make money then blaming that 'mistake' on your role name... none of this makes any sense to me dude.
It's pretty clear every townie will have SOME way of getting money.

I'm pretty tired so I'll give it a day and see if I'm just being a dumbass but I'm pretty sure ur not wriggling out of this one mate.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
i dont care, youre asking me to confirm if im a PR or not, which has 0 use for town to know, only for mafia to know
It does have use. First of all theres multiple people asking you for it, and second people suspect you're going to lie so they want you to lie now instead of later.

Stop putting up such a fight for questions its extremely telling

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
purple :)

i dont think thats true (notty being the only one to ask since why would they have been able to pressure stranger/you to do it singlehandedly!!!)
cuz after stranger claimed and notty hinted that all town had zero coins i figured tim had messed up my role pm by leaving out the 'all town has 0 coins' part and made me look suspicious for not being able to say that i had average coins so i had to confess

cuz i thought notty knew i had 0 coins all along like i said

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
i didnt wanna lie and say 'i dont know' since nottys line of questioning only made sense if they were some coin day investigator and saw i had 0 coins so that was my theory in which case me saying 'i dont know' would out me as a liar
My line of questioning also made perfect sense if I suspect you're a Mafia that has 0 clue how much coins the town has

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
this isnt even true, i never said this ever
You've said your role seems like an outlier plenty of times, which is close enough in my book.

you didnt ask me that at all you just said you didnt know if i was genuinely townreading you or if i was lying as scum
Ok, why are you townreading me?

i was distracted and forgot to do my text effects im a failure :(
It's ok Mooglie we all make mistakes.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
you need to go re-read my posts then because ive already explained this

i didnt just say i didnt know since i was assuming i was below average because i was assuming i was an outlier by having 0 coins, so my true answer was 'yes'

Holy fucking shit I mean after the fact. You claimed less then immediately change to exactly average. You never gave a satisfying explanation for this and the only reasonable one I can think of is because you had no idea. Yet you kept coming up with other weird excuses and still haven't properly addressed the fact you changed your answer i m m e d i a t e l y

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah with claiming to have no way to make money then blaming that 'mistake' on your role name... none of this makes any sense to me dude.
It's pretty clear every townie will have SOME way of getting money.

I'm pretty tired so I'll give it a day and see if I'm just being a dumbass but I'm pretty sure ur not wriggling out of this one mate.
this is also not even what happened, i never blamed not knowing about money on my rolename, i blamed not knowing about money on the fact i didnt get told anything about that

maybe it doesnt make sense because youre not actually reading what im saying properly!!

and its only "pretty clear every townie will have SOME way of getting money" to you because of what you got told in your pm about the reason for why you started with some, from my perspective that wasnt clear at all

Stranger from Myst Island since i think we're the same role, can you confirm that, given your role, its plausible that you might assume you cant get any money, but upon further consideration, especially with aqua saying that he got told that the only reason he has coins is because he cant get any later on and thus town can in general gain money if they start with zero, that you could then realize how you might get money later in the game, even though you never got told this?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
It's ok Mooglie we all make mistakes.
my mom made a big one.............
@Stranger from Myst Island since i think we're the same role, can you confirm that, given your role, its plausible that you might assume you cant get any money, but upon further consideration, especially with aqua saying that he got told that the only reason he has coins is because he cant get any later on and thus town can in general gain money if they start with zero, that you could then realize how you might get money later in the game, even though you never got told this?
sir, you are not in a position to demand role information from anyone else before stating if you have a night action or not

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
this is also not even what happened, i never blamed not knowing about money on my rolename, i blamed not knowing about money on the fact i didnt get told anything about that
You literally said you looked at your role name and assumed you didn't have money.

and

"pretty clear every townie will have SOME way of getting money"
?????????

The entire premise of this game is about bidding in auction - if there was a town role that couldn't have or make money then unless they were some insane PR their role would be entirely useless and wouldn't fit within the premise of the game.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
@Stranger from Myst Island since i think we're the same role, can you confirm that, given your role, its plausible that you might assume you cant get any money, but upon further consideration, especially with aqua saying that he got told that the only reason he has coins is because he cant get any later on and thus town can in general gain money if they start with zero, that you could then realize how you might get money later in the game, even though you never got told this?
this is like hard breaking PM mechanics btw lol

• Thank You
Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My line of questioning also made perfect sense if I suspect you're a Mafia that has 0 clue how much coins the town has
but town also has 0 clue how much coins town has

so youre making zero sense

You've said your role seems like an outlier plenty of times, which is close enough in my book.
by outlier i dont mean scummy i just mean not average because i thought i couldnt bid and since this game revolves around bidding i expected this to be unusual

Ok, why are you townreading me?
intuition

Holy fucking shit I mean after the fact. You claimed less then immediately change to exactly average. You never gave a satisfying explanation for this and the only reasonable one I can think of is because you had no idea. Yet you kept coming up with other weird excuses and still haven't properly addressed the fact you changed your answer i m m e d i a t e l y
dude

i know

you keep saying 'ooh i bet inf didnt actually know the town average and thats why he changed his mind!!!'

...okay? so what? town dont know the average so this should mean exactly nothing to you.

and yes, i have addressed why i changed my answer immediately, at least twice. at least read my posts if we're gonna debate or else this is just gonna be me saying 'i already explained this' 1000x times. go read my post earlier where i say 'this is what happened' and right a semi long post about it

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, I had a theory as to how I might gain money later on in the game, but Tim explicitly told me that me theory was incorrect. So while it's possible that I might gain money later on in the game, I have no idea how I'll gain money or how much I'll gain.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You literally said you looked at your role name and assumed you didn't have money.
yes but youre talking about me not thinking i can earn money, not that i had zero

?????????

The entire premise of this game is about bidding in auction - if there was a town role that couldn't have or make money then unless they were some insane PR their role would be entirely useless and wouldn't fit within the premise of the game.
just because theres an auction doesnt mean literally every single role has to be able to use it

however, like i said, i missed tim saying that "all" players can bid, so i know now that they can, but i didnt until then

this is like hard breaking PM mechanics btw lol
its nothing to do with pm mechanics, its about what our role does

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
...okay? so what? town dont know the average so this should mean exactly nothing to you.
So if you were town why didn't you just explain your mistake immediately rather than spamming us with um's and ah's? This is like fog level of defence

at least read my posts if we're gonna debate or else this is just gonna be me saying 'i already explained this' 1000x times. go read my post earlier where i say 'this is what happened' and right a semi long post about it
I'll look for the post - if I missed it or misremembered it I apologise

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
my mom made a big one.............

sir, you are not in a position to demand role information from anyone else before stating if you have a night action or not
the difference is that me outing if im a PR or not is bad for town and useful for scum, but stranger confirming my story is good for town and useless for scum

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So if you were town why didn't you just explain your mistake immediately rather than spamming us with um's and ah's? This is like fog level of defence
I DID I MADE A BIG POST ABOUT IT

it wasnt immediate cuz i didnt think id be under suspicion for it at first because the reason for suspecting me based off that makes no sense

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
the difference is that me outing if im a PR or not is bad for town and useful for scum, but stranger confirming my story is good for town and useless for scum
i mean if you're claiming to be identical roles anyway then you're clearly not a valuable one so just CLAIM the TRUTH so everything can be SETTLED

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten
Status
Not open for further replies.