EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
who else is donating?

tbh I can see an inf/notty team. Reluctance to lynch a relatively scummy player. Thought I don’t feel like inf would refrain from throwing a team member under the bus <3
how mean, id never bus notty... ?

and i did try to get them lynched day 0 for a while!

Also idk how you'd fall for that - I wasn't even particularly harsh with notty, I just told her to stop lying lol.

like what did you want me to do in that situation just let her spread fake news.
its the way you speak to people though, it gets people angry

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Also clarification for my role:

basically my role works like we sing a recognisable song like Barbie Girl for example!!

I sing “I’m a Barbie girl in the Barbie world”
They sing: “Life is plastic it’s fantastic”
I sing: “You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere”

That is enough to fit the criteria for being paid. It can be vice versa too so like Inf and I did where Inf was Barbie and I was Ken.

As for a consecutive post, it’s more like in the same mafia day so posts can be spread out though not advised in my opinion since someone just going “life is plastic it’s fantastic” in the middle of a heated discussion would be a bit odd.

so 1. A real song, preferably one that everyone knows or is a classic hit.
2. To be sung In the same MAFIA day.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score

basically my role works like we sing a recognisable song like Barbie Girl for example!!

That is enough to fit the criteria for being paid. It can be vice versa too so like Inf and I did where Inf was Barbie and I was Ken.

As for a consecutive post, it’s more like in the same mafia day so posts can be spread out though not advised in my opinion since someone just going “life is plastic it’s fantastic” in the middle of a heated discussion would be a bit odd.

trying my best not to involve the Host as much as humanly possible.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

so if you said 'i dont care' to aqua telling you he thinks youre scum

and like, 30 pages later (but still in the same day), i said 'i love it', in response to aqua being lynched

would you be able to quote that to tim and be like 'hey look, we sang "I love it" by Icona Pop' and get coins from it?

• Winner
Reactions: Nottykitten

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
so if you said 'i dont care' to aqua telling you he thinks youre scum

and like, 30 pages later (but still in the same day), i said 'i love it', in response to aqua being lynched

would you be able to quote that to tim and be like 'hey look, we sang "I love it" by Icona Pop' and get coins from it?
no it actively has to be an agreement/me convincing them from what I understand. I can’t just randomly quote something Aqua has said for instance and be like “YEAH I GET MONEY NOW” because everything we say if probably a line in a song. I don’t think the role was intended that way.

If you still don’t believe I’m town after this whack ass role claim, it is a mess yet I’ve stuck with it ? Then I don’t know what else I can say to be honest.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
its the way you speak to people though, it gets people angry
tbh been chatting with alisha I might sleep on it and come back. I know exactly why I was firm with notty, I explained this to you the other day - I hate bad faith actors. So when notty refuses to engage in good faith my only response is to tell them to stop trying to be slippery, otherwise she can use shit like appealing to emotion or gaslighting me about what I said etc. to make me look stupid/wrong in your eyes.

And that's what matters here. What I think doesn't matter because I know I'm right. So if notty is going to use jedi mind tricks in order to win an argument my only options are to call out their bs or stoop to their level which I don't want to do.

Regardless of how angry or aggressive I might appear I want my discourse to be in good faith and honest and I will call people out for not doing that.

Nottykitten If you do have some maths-y thing to add to the conversation that is actually better than my plan please bring it forward. I'm sorry if I did genuinely hurt your feelings.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
no it actively has to be an agreement/me convincing them from what I understand. I can’t just randomly quote something Aqua has said for instance and be like “YEAH I GET MONEY NOW” because everything we say if probably a line in a song. I don’t think the role was intended that way.

If you still don’t believe I’m town after this whack ass role claim, it is a mess yet I’ve stuck with it ? Then I don’t know what else I can say to be honest.
surely there has to be a way to prove that it was because of you convincing them though

if you said 'hey inf sing with me: i dont care'

then later i said 'i love it', and it wasnt clear whether i was responding to aqua being lynched, or whether i was singing with you

then what happens then?

like the only way this role would work is if tim set a clear definition of what counts and what doesnt, one thats easy to measure and doesnt have to come down to host judgement of what a player's intention was. and if he had that criteria, he shouldve told it to you, so that youd know what counts and what doesnt

but from what youve said, tim hasnt said anything like that, and its just so hard to believe it

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
surely there has to be a way to prove that it was because of you convincing them though

if you said 'hey inf sing with me: i dont care'

then later i said 'i love it', and it wasnt clear whether i was responding to aqua being lynched, or whether i was singing with you

then what happens then?

like the only way this role would work is if tim set a clear definition of what counts and what doesnt, one thats easy to measure and doesnt have to come down to host judgement of what a player's intention was. and if he had that criteria, he shouldve told it to you, so that youd know what counts and what doesnt

but from what youve said, tim hasnt said anything like that, and its just so hard to believe it
I did clarify that if I sing a karaoke with someone I gain 3 coins.

therefore if I donate 3 coins that must prove my role.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
kinda yeah, itd be dificult to think of how else you got exactly 3 coins i guess
also to add on to that, why would a mafia member want the spotlight on them for so long? I also have stuck to the same points I’ve said, never really backtracking or changing (as far as I know) why would I, a supposed mafia player, come up with such an elaborate role claim that gives me attention without crumbling (ofc at the start I was shaky with the whole “I dOnt WaNt to SaY My NaMe”)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also to add on to that, why would a mafia member want the spotlight on them for so long? I also have stuck to the same points I’ve said, never really backtracking or changing (as far as I know) why would I, a supposed mafia player, come up with such an elaborate role claim that gives me attention without crumbling (ofc at the start I was shaky with the whole “I dOnt WaNt to SaY My NaMe”)
a) so that you could use this argument later, or b) since you were afraid that if you suddenly changed your claim itd look even more suspicious than pretending it was badly written to you, and then when you got the chance to correct it, you didnt fully understand what my concerns about your claim were hence why you didnt pretend tim had clarified on them

i do agree this is kinda a decent point in your favour but your claim is just so hard to believe to me and it doesnt really outweigh that

• Haha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
a) so that you could use this argument later, or b) since you were afraid that if you suddenly changed your claim itd look even more suspicious than pretending it was badly written to you, and then when you got the chance to correct it, you didnt fully understand what my concerns about your claim were hence why you didnt pretend tim had clarified on them

i do agree this is kinda a decent point in your favour but your claim is just so hard to believe to me and it doesnt really outweigh that
Nottykitten whyd you rate this funny

• Haha

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score

yet I’ve stuck with it? Also why would a mafia player come up with such an elaborate claim like “Sing songs with me!!!” It just draws attention to a player who doesn’t usually want questioned unless they’re a seasoned mafia member, plus I’ve tried my best to explain without PM quoting/host posting

missed this, everyone else has already donated iirc it's just you - but I think inf wants us to wait a bit so probably save your donations for tomorrow.

if I donate 3 coins does it also prove my claim somewhat more?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yet I’ve stuck with it? Also why would a mafia player come up with such an elaborate claim like “Sing songs with me!!!” It just draws attention to a player who doesn’t usually want questioned unless they’re a seasoned mafia member, plus I’ve tried my best to explain without PM quoting/host posting
like i said, sticking with it was a bit of a point in your favour but i can think of reasons for why youd stick with it even if its a lie

and i imagine when you claimed the song thing you didnt think itd come under this much scrutiny so you thought itd be a decent fakeclaim, and you couldnt think of anything else

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
no, not in the slightest. You could have stolen 5 coins from alisha last night.
right so how does this donation thing prove that I’m not mafia? If we’re trying to find who killed Alisha then I don’t understand how it benefits me since you’ll just be like “well you have 2 coins.”

if I donate 8 coins then I’ll only be able to give 3 since all I have is 3 coins therefore if I change my price to something higher (8 Was an example) if only 3 are given then that proves me

• Haha

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
like i said, sticking with it was a bit of a point in your favour but i can think of reasons for why youd stick with it even if its a lie

and i imagine when you claimed the song thing you didnt think itd come under this much scrutiny so you thought itd be a decent fakeclaim, and you couldnt think of anything else
what song thing? I clarified it.

I don’t know what else I can do to convince you that I’m town.

• Agree

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what song thing? I clarified it.

I don’t know what else I can do to convince you that I’m town.
i meant, if you were maf and came up with this fake karaoke role, i assume you would believe it was a decent claim that wouldnt get you questioned that much

so you saying 'if i was maf i wouldnt have claimed a role that would get me questioned', my response is 'well maybe you didnt think it would get you questioned'

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.