Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Reaction score
i feel like if we were to mass claim, i am a good starting point for i have some information that could lead to a scum lynch.

i am the watcher, i can see who visits my target but i don't count as a visit myself.

on the first night i visited halo and got nothing,

however on the second night i visited yum and saw they were visited by thinking and joy

i then visited joy and got nothing again.

i think this means one of them could be mafia especially if the other is a doctor because nobody died that night.

likewise, from my role i believe there must be some sort of granny role or someone that needs to be visited for their role to work otherwise my role wouldn't specify my visits not counting as visits.

Thinking Joy

i'd like to know what you have to say for yourselves please
my reports are delivered in the format of "target visited x" if positive and no report if negative (or if i was blocked). Note that the player that the report pertains to isn't actually given with the report itself.

Night 1:
- I track Yum and receive no report
- This was worked out pretty early on to be due to Blush blocking me.
- No other discrepancies surrounding this report other than the manner which I claimed, which I've walked you all through multiple times and i swear to fuck winking you better not bring it up again.

Night 2:
- I track Thinking and receive a report stating that my target visited Thinking.
- Thinking claimed to have chosen to visit Yum, but couldn't confirm if they were redirected.
- Mask comes forward with a Watcher result, stating that Yum was visited by Thinking and Joy.
- This means that the only explanation for my report is if my target was changed by another player's role
- Hearts claims Follower, which creates an avenue for my report to be possible, but claims they didn't visit Thinking on Night 2
- Angry soft counterclaims Hearts, then later fully claims, stating that they did target Thinking with their Mirror/Follower ability.
- This explains my result, as Angry would have redirected my Track onto themselves, and so my report is of Angry visiting Thinking.
if this explains the tracker results, Thinking why do you think mask is maf

Yum

Reaction score
Do you understand how a Tracker works?

Angry mirroring Unamused does not affect what Unamused does to other players. Unamused targeted me and found I targeted myself.

And my argument is not about the redirection bullshit or the weird results different people got on who I visited, the point is I have a night action and you blatantly lied about it earlier in the thread.
it's been established that angry claims to have mirrored you though

this would cause unamused to track angry with result of having visited thinking

Thinking

Reaction score
it's been established that angry claims to have mirrored you though

this would cause unamused to track angry with result of having visited thinking
Oh

Wait, so

Unamused tracks me, which because Angry mirrored me, Unamused is tracking angry, so Unamused returns the result of Thinking

Oh

And Mask's claim claims that he doesn't count as a night visit so that's why he would have found my real result

Is it any wonder why redirection bullshit sucks, yeah okay I guess...both claims can coexist...I don't know what to think anymore but with what you, Blush, and Joy just did I'm starting to lower my suspicion on mask. You might call that convenient but really, how else am I supposed to view this when the account I returned the result of compromised votes mask, and then switches to me along with you and Joy at the first opportunity...

So in that same vein while we're talking about Angry, how about the fact that by showing angry to be capable of redirection, you're actually proving that I was protected since Unamused was redirected away from me? No night kills n1, n2, and n4, and those were the exact same nights angry claimed to visit me. You can't have it both ways.

Thinking

Reaction score
Except for shades allegedly for what you repeatedly blame on retardation

Sweat

Reaction score
i mean with any cop claim anybody could say something like that, that all i can say is i got a guilty/compromised report on you and dont have anything mechanically to prove im not full of shit, so you're gonna have to take me at my word there

Is what I would have said if I didn't have something to prove I'm not a random blitzing mafia;

You see, when I get a report saying an account was compromised, I also gain a new ability for the following day which is verifiable.

doublevote Blush
OR, the first part of you finding accounts is bull and that your ONLY ability is that you can double vote once per game, which has happened before in ER. I'm inclined to believe that you've been lying all along.

It also makes no sense that you even have a night action as so far, you've claimed to have been protected by angry so far; and yet said this is ridiculous at that point. Now, if we use Blush's example of there being a role which flips reports, then this is what would possibly happen:

Angry prots you n1 or any other night, so you're protected
Angry then stops prot on you and moves on
Potential flip of report occurs
This means that you have a large chance of getting that ability you claim much earlier. Maf know your claim too and therefore see it as an advantage to flip your report.

So now, it looks like you lied + how does it make any sense for angry to prot you for 3 days straight?

You have so far tried to 'chase' the guiser with no success, and in the process killed multiple town by tunnel visioning

• Informative
Reactions: Yum

Thinking

Reaction score
sounds like you're mad about thinking changing his vote off of your attempt at a mislynch

Thinking if you still want that 100 would you be down for shooting angry if unamused flips maf
also yeah i gave the stupid lie poison thing to joy

that was the last item i had though, only had one of each, and I said it was another 100 because it can kill maf
so yum, why did you go this far back then and you give it to joy of all people

• Agree
Reactions: Halo

Sweat

Reaction score
OR, the first part of you finding accounts is bull and that your ONLY ability is that you can double vote once per game, which has happened before in ER. I'm inclined to believe that you've been lying all along.

It also makes no sense that you even have a night action as so far, you've claimed to have been protected by angry so far; and yet said this is ridiculous at that point. Now, if we use Blush's example of there being a role which flips reports, then this is what would possibly happen:

This means that you have a large chance of getting that ability you claim much earlier. Maf know your claim too and therefore see it as an advantage to flip your report.

So now, it looks like you lied + how does it make any sense for angry to prot you for 3 days straight?

You have so far tried to 'chase' the guiser with no success, and in the process killed multiple town by tunnel visioning
Also, Vote Thinking until he straightens his story and tells the truth.

Just to tack on:

so yum, why did you go this far back then and you give it to joy of all people
I mean, at this point Joy is the most confirmed and is the most likely to be town so it makes complete sense for him to give the item as he's the most trusted by faaaar.

This looks like you're grasping straws and that all of the scenarios that's running through my head; you're scum and have costed us dearly.

• Agree

Thinking

Reaction score

I haven't claimed to be protected by angry so far, angry has claimed to have protected me so far. I made no mention to any of that until angry revealed it d3

It does make sense and yeah I didn't believe angry since the timing was at the last possible second.

Then why didn't I reveal that ability until just now, the double vote should be incidental as a way to prove I'm not a liar and instead you're throwing every last consistent action I've made since then

I never lied about anything, I've been consistent with what I've claimed to be able to do. Yes the double vote came out of left field but it's an extension to what I've been talking about, not a replacement.

Blush

Reaction score
Now that I've gone and showered the intensity of the game off of me, I'll try to sum up my thoughts on Thinking in as clear and neutral of a way I can for others to read. No fake peppiness, just information. If you are townie, I urge you not to jump onto lynching me. I know Thinking has kind of been the town leader since the beginning of the game but I assure you if you sit down and look at the logic of things, it points to him being mafia.

Let's start.

First off, the accusation that my account has been compromised. Let's use the information we know: there is a disguiser in the game.

I can not have been disguised nights 1, 2, or 4. Shades has confirmed the kill night 1 if we believe he had the gun. Nights 2 and 4 there were no kills. The only night that a disguise would have been possible is night 3. I claimed on day 2, and if I was killed+disguised on night 3, it should show Expressionless as Roleblocker.

Again, let's assume 3 different outcomes.

1) There is a puppermaster in this game who takes control of other accounts.

The problem with this is that it just feels blatantly overpowered and there's not much indication of this happening in the game. I think the closest case of this happening would be Shades, but if there was a puppetmaster I feel it would either have a 1 time cap or a lot of our day lynches would've looked like Shades. The other problem with this is that the only person to acknowledge this is Thinking, who I believe lied about his role(we will touch on this in outcome 3).

2) There's a mafia role that flips reports.

I can't really say much about this. There could be. I think maybe we should acknowledge that a little more. But I think it's more likely the case of outcome 3.

3) Thinking is lying and we're in mylo.

Let's look at the evidence against Thinking, and I hope whoever reads this acknowledges that this is kind of sketchy.

Thinking did not reveal an aspect of their role during a mass claim - This is not a good town play. I think all town members need to reveal every aspect of their role during a mass claim. It doesn't really make sense for this to be a part of Thinking's proposed role. If he is basically an investigator who is producing guilty reports(compromised is basically guilty), why does he need two extra votes? What does that achieve for his role? Imagine a cop where if they find a guilty suspect, they gain the ability to doublevote. That never happens, and I don't know why it would happen in Thinking's case. Also, Thinking originally claimed the role by saying he felt it was useless because it was only there to target 1 specific role(disguiser). I feel he has a point, which plays into the idea that he made up his role.

Joy visited Thinking and got a report indicating that he does not have a night action - Let's look at the first problem with this, which is that Angry also visited Thinking, so all actions on Thinking should fall on Angry instead. We know Angry obviously has a night action, so if everything is as it says it is, Joy should have received a yes result. Again, we will evaluate different outcomes.

1) Angry is lying about his role and can not redirect night roles.

This would insinuate Angry and Thinking are mafia together. I think this makes a fair amount of sense because of Angry's delayed claim

2) Joy is lying about visiting Thinking.

The only way Joy would lie is if he was a mafia member. This would link Joy, myself, and Yum together based on the page or so of this thread. Yum should be confirmed. You can claim that my bulletproof vest is fabricated and Joy's truth serum is fabricated and we wouldn't be able to do anything to counter that -- we can't prove we actually have it. The only concrete evidence there is that Shades, who is definitely a town member, shot someone with a gun and Yum is an uncc'd item giver. You can make an argument about a mafia item giver but I assure that's insanely overpowered and not an aspect of this game.

So, what do we have to poke holes in Yum's legitimacy? The only way Shades could not have received a gun is if Shades was lying. Shades was definitely a town member, and unless you subscribe to the puppetmaster theory, there's no logical way Yum can be mafia, meaning there's no logical way I can be mafia on account of the truth serum. If you do subscribe to the puppetmaster theory, I already covered that in outcome 1, but I will say I think it's a little unfair that that theory is not too fantastical, but my theory that Thinking, Winking, and Mask are mafia was.

Okay, so back to Thinking.

Thinking will not vote for Mask - I will admit, this isn't 100% a smoking gun against Thinking, but let me just explain my thought process on this one.

Thinking has said multiple times yesterday that mafia has to be either Unamused or Mask. Everyone jumped on Unamused except for myself and Mask(I have a little writeup about Mask later). Eventually I switched to Unamused because I doubted myself on my reads, also because Yum was voting for Unamused and I knew that Yum had to be town. As everyone knows, Unamused was town.

So now we get to today, and the logical thing that would have happened was that people would jump to lynch Mask because "it had to be one of them!" It didn't necessarily have to be one of them, this was kinda propaganda started by Thinking(off my memory, so correct me if I'm wrong). But anyways, the day starts and Thinking immediately has a compromised report on me. Angry jumps onto this vote with no second thought, and I'm left to defend myself. I feel like we are in MYLO and I feel like this was an attempt to just get me out of the way really fast so the mafia could win the game.

Unless I'm forgetting anything, that was all I had to say about Thinking. Let's look at the other people who I initially said was mafia.

Winking: I did not trust Winking's claim because he claimed to have a roleblocking ability during day 3. I claimed to have a roleblocking ability during 2. His response to why he spent an entire day not counterclaiming was that he forgot the roleblocking aspect of his role. I felt it was too convenient of a thing to forget and voiced my suspicion of him. Thinking came to his defense rather fast. Can't say much more about Winking, they seem to not play scummy but I can't really trust their claim.

Mask: Mask might be the thing I'm getting wrong. My initial suspicions of Mask was based on the statement that they felt Unamused was not reading mafia, but they would be fine to hammer the vote if need be. I voiced my opinion that this was suspicious, saying "why would you want to hammer Unamused if you don't think he is mafia?" I don't remember Mask's response, but it was reasonable enough. Now we are on to this day, and I initially voted Mask to test Thinking. As Thinking has stated multiple times(including today), Mask is definitely mafia. So, if I voted for someone who is definitely mafia, why does Thinking have a problem with me? Why does Thinking not take into account that maybe there is a role that affects binary reports, or some misdirection bullshit? I could go on, but the point is my initial vote on Mask was to test Thinking. He did not take the bait, which admittedly could mean I was just being obvious, or it could mean Mask is mafia alongside them.

A little bit more on Mask: This really is all a theory, Thinking and angry are pretty linked in my mind right now, Winking has the weird claim, and Mask feels like circumstances point to them being mafia, but I have an unsettling feeling that Mask might not be mafia and it's someone lowkey like hearts or halo. Not accusing anyone though, that's not really my focus.

I think that should be everything.

In closing: Please read this entire post. I assure people, I don't put this much thought process into these games when I am mafia. I feel like I have a very understandable link between everything I say and think. I feel I have been consistent throughout the entire game.

I'll be happy to answer any questions but I've been typing for forever so I'mma let myself rest a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: Sweat, Joy and Yum

Thinking

Reaction score
In closing: Please read this entire post. I assure people, I don't put this much thought process into these games when I am mafia. I feel like I have a very understandable link between everything I say and think. I feel I have been consistent throughout the entire game.
You chose to make a meta argument in a game where there is no meta?

How on earth is that supposed to make any sense, how could you go that route when you're in an anonymous account?

Out of everything you've just said, some of it valid points, this right here is why I don't trust you.

Blush

Reaction score
You might call that convenient but really, how else am I supposed to view this when the account I returned the result of compromised votes mask, and then switches to me along with you and Joy at the first opportunity...
One more bit: It was to gauge your reaction. I wasn't going to keep my vote on Mask, I just wanted to show everyone that you refused to vote for Mask

Blush

Reaction score
You chose to make a meta argument in a game where there is no meta?

How on earth is that supposed to make any sense, how could you go that route when you're in an anonymous account?

Out of everything you've just said, some of it valid points, this right here is why I don't trust you.
I don't think anyone who plays forum mafia, regardless who we actually are, should spend about an hour typing up a giant post. But I did.

Yea you don't know who I am but the point of that statement was that I can literally explain my thought process as to why I think you and some others are mafia in entire paragraphs. Yea you can say it's bullshit that I wouldn't be able to do the same thing if I was mafia, but if your takeaway from that entire post is that you don't trust me because of those two lines at the end, then I think that's not a lot for you to go off of.

Blush

Reaction score
But I don't think we should get into meta stuff that much so maybe we should leave it at that

Thinking

Reaction score
I don't think anyone who plays forum mafia, regardless who we actually are, should spend about an hour typing up a giant post. But I did.
No, no, and no.

You started off your post incredibly well by throwing aside the peppiness roleplaying which was big of you to do, and then you end the post with a hell of an emotional appeal which completely contradicts your claim to look at it from a purely logical lens. You might consider me being petty, but that's a targeted emotional slant into getting people to believe what you said.

But I don't think we should get into meta stuff that much so maybe we should leave it at that
Then don't bring it up in the first place.

Blush

Reaction score
Fair enough. Anyone who reads the post should disregard the quote that Thinking quoted.

Yum

Reaction score
honestly the clincher is how thinking had this theory of how compromised accounts could also be puppeted town, and then proceeds to double vote the player they say got compromised

like, at least be consistent. jeez

Blush

Reaction score
I feel like I have a very understandable link between everything I say and think. I feel I have been consistent throughout the entire game.
Besides this bit, don't disregard this. Remember, the entire point is that Thinking claims my account is compromised. Consistency throughout the days insinuates the opposite

Sweat

Reaction score
Also, wouldn't lynching the compromised account kill the inno instead of the guiser logically?

Yum

Reaction score
Well blush can't be guiser, logically, as shades killed eyeroll, and there was no kill n2 or n4. So guiser couldn't transfer. Expressionless died n3 and flipped cop, and Blush claimed Blocker as early as d2.

This does bring the question of: can maf only kill every other night?

Winking

Reaction score
i went for hearts, since my role had a blockinh ability

give me a bit of time to catch up, i was at school

Winking

Reaction score
Yum , may i ask you why you gave your item to joy? i hadn’t quite trusted him before this, so i don’t really trust that he isn’t lying; i’d like to see why you chose to pass it on to him, first.

• Agree

Winking

Reaction score
honestly the clincher is how thinking had this theory of how compromised accounts could also be puppeted town, and then proceeds to double vote the player they say got compromised

like, at least be consistent. jeez
i, uh, have made insane theory posts that turn out to be too insane to be true as well (the unamused-blush-angry post comes to mind) so i imagine he might have been exhausted or something when he made it

Winking

Reaction score
i am unable to trust joy just for saying that thinking does not have a night action

first off, thinking was seen by the watcher visiting yum- i forgot who the watcher was, i’ll need to look through the pages again

second of all, he said he was roleblocked before i revealed my night action has roleblocking as a side-effect. i don’t know about you, but i know for a fact there was no way he’d notice he was roleblocked at the time if he didn’t have a night action

i had considered joining the thinking bandwagon for a second, but realizing the second part i am unable to trust that joy is telling the truth- so i’m going to trust thinking. he may have made the wrong judgement multiple times, but so did i, so i can see what he might be thinking.

so i’m going to believe that both joy and blush are mafia. not yum, though. i’m absolutely certain yum is town and just tired of being jerked around.

vote blush

• Thank You

Winking

Reaction score
guys

didn’t angry use his action on thinking

how the fuck did joy get ‘doesn’t have an action’ when said action should have redirected to joy, because unless i missed something i’m pretty sure joy’s action counts as a visit

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.