Dusk of Discordia - the future of SMP

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
The TNT shop I liked where people could meet for trades, but smp4 was good. Also no pvp in settlements means you can't stop raids...
Well, you can double-block entrance, to see if raiders is stalking you.
Just make walls around the town.
It won't work.
There was SGB 200 meters high up, raiders still managed to raid.
But DGH design with double doors, like in spaceships or something will work, provided that there will be anti-grief zone, so people from outside won't be able to grief.
If you get raided in that case, it means that someone either broke rule or was derpy.

Reactions: Henry

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
It won't work.
But DGH design with double doors, like in spaceships or something will work, provided that there will be anti-grief zone, so people from outside won't be able to grief.
If you get raided in that case, it means that someone either broke rule or was derpy.
Griefing is disallowed anyways, so don't have to worry about that. If you keep your houses locked, it'll be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Fatalis

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping towns will have the option to be non-PvP. Remember the LAST TIME the entire server was full PvP?

I need to redesign Fatalis General Hospital/Trauma Center, though. Better planning is needed.

Perhaps we can have a plugin that includes a healing block of some sort (like coal blocks did in the older SMP)
What was wrong with SMP4?
Oh I don't know...

A certain settlement of people was known to spawnkill and kill people on sight, resulting in many players leaving the community?

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Gonna stick away from this. I can't pvp for jack shit. :(
I am not 100% involved in the development, so the following might be incorrect, but from what I understand there will still be normal protected no-pvp zones.

Don't dare staying away from us, if need be I will make a Roobland Safehaven!
Oooh make roobarb land! Completely sealed off from the real world! Like a zoo! With me as the only animal!

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and nitasu987

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
For comparison I'll paste links to old SMP news:
Primordia - Comments here were much shorter than now. I also was kind of noob :p. (3163 views. wat.)
Vanilla SMP - Less comments here idk why. (1262 views)
Elysium - Everyone was like: YAY NEW SMP. (1938 views)
Also this is 100th thread in News subforum.

So I think this SMP announcement gathered most hype.
Do you think, that this server will live over one year with constant activity?

Edit: This server announcement had shout-outs to 20 people, while in Elysium - 11 people.
So it should survive twice as long as Elysium. (Do not treat that sentence seriously - its kinda joke).

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
It won't work.
I was able to go through DGH once, without pearls even. Didn't take anything, because they didn't have the stacks and stacks of grey wool I needed, but I still got in and went through once.

Sad jte is going, but at least this time I was able to complete the build I wanted to make. Also, while I fully endorse having some non-pvp areas in the world, I think more pvp will be more fun for me at least.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Oh I don't know...

A certain settlement of people was known to spawnkill and kill people on sight, resulting in many players leaving the community?
You hardly ever played? There is about three or so deaths an hour and I believe THG/SBG generated 200-300 kills off my clan. No idea what clan you were in but dieing once leaving spawn does mean you can generalize everything. As for players leaving the community didn't people leave because of JtE as well.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Oh I don't know...

You hardly ever played? There is about three or so deaths an hour and I believe THG/SBG generated 200-300 kills off my clan. No idea what clan you were in but dieing once leaving spawn does mean you can generalize everything. As for players leaving the community didn't people leave because of JtE as well.
I don't think we're talking about the same SMP.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Here's my predictions for the first four months.

Month one: Three or four players become the all-killing PvP douchenozzles
Month two: The playerbase drops fabulously and the PvPers are in their prime
Month three: PvPers are banned for being too dickwaddy in their own domain
Month four: Playerbase slowly inches forward but is still low from the fear of constant fighting.

High effort, low gain.