Dusk of Discordia - the future of SMP

Fatalis

Reaction score
I don't think we're talking about the same SMP.
Im talking about the last full PvP SMP server. SMP4 the one before JtE.
The one before JtE was Primorida. The SMP I'm talking about was the one where one city spent their entire time camping other towns, resulting in many long time players ragequitting and said town being yelled at by admins.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I actually love PvP, despite how I like to be friendly with everyone. My only problem is, my computer is complete crap, and I can't PvP without a handicap.

Nonetheless, I'll probably end up playing on this server for a while. I just hope I'm ready when someone attacks me, because I never am. (I always expect people to not attack the Duffie. D: )

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Pfft, gotta have some sort of safe zone.

There'll probably be some sort of price to make village regions, though.
SMP4 was fine with spawn protection and the TNT shop. It would have been fine with pre-built towns but player towns just ruins it.
I suppose it's all a matter of opinion. :p

I just think of those times in SMP3... I think it was SMP3, where Lantern and another town that's on the tip of my tongue, where Blkshoud was apart of the town, and LagWarrior was the leader of Lantern. I don't quite remember, I suppose. xD

Well, I'm sure they'll find a way to satisfy most everyone in this aspect. I'm honestly for town protection, as long as the town is populated, I suppose.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think we're talking about the same SMP.
The one before JtE was Primorida. The SMP I'm talking about was the one where one city spent their entire time camping other towns, resulting in many long time players ragequitting and said town being yelled at by admins.
Now you're confusing something or I've had it wrong for all the time. From what I know, Primordia was in like 2011 autumn - 2012 February, after which came a few SMP's and then JtE came, which has been running since the end of December 2012.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Yeah totally full PvP. "PVP protection from all within your village region"

The SMP server is meant to cater to most, if not all people who would play on it, not only the PvPers and the PvPers alone. A safezone means the server can have a larger playerbase (which is a good thing) as not everyone PvPs. A full PvP SMP wouldn't exactly be worth having as it'd be a minority of PvPing powerhouses and the remainder of players wouldn't want to play on it just from the threat of having to go through high effort to get minimal rewards.

Safezones = good.

• Disagree
Reactions: Friendy

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The SMP server is meant to cater to most, if not all people who would play on it, not only the PvPers and the PvPers alone. A safezone means the server can have a larger playerbase (which is a good thing) as not everyone PvPs. A full PvP SMP wouldn't exactly be worth having as it'd be a minority of PvPing powerhouses and the remainder of players wouldn't want to play on it just from the threat of having to go through high effort to get minimal rewards.

Safezones = good.
Not opposed to shop and pre-made town safe zones but clans bases as safe zones is the matter being debated. Refer to the thread created for the discussion not here.

EDIT: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/pvp-discussion-from-villages-thread.14009/

EDIT2: Jubjubers They can defend their bases. There will still be safe zones around just not in player towns. Another thing is a person can just walk into your town and raid you. You can't fight back. Also, just go on the other thread no point in using this thread to voice your displeasure.

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com

Safezones = good.
Not opposed to shop and pre-made town safe zones but clans bases as safe zones is the matter being debated. Refer to the thread created for the discussion not here.

EDIT: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/pvp-discussion-from-villages-thread.14009/

My point still stands, dear.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Snowfall bandwagon in December

Snowfall bandwagon in May

lets do better this time please
Snowfall only does well in winter season. ;)
I don't think you saw the contents of the images. Clearly, the empty wagon is in snow, and snowfall will have a million members in the desert season. Either that or someone got lazy finding their bandwagon images. ;)

Also, chairman Meow thinks like I do.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Now you're confusing something or I've had it wrong for all the time. From what I know, Primordia was in like 2011 autumn - 2012 February, after which came a few SMP's and then JtE came, which has been running since the end of December 2012.
Nope, it went Primorida then JtE I'm pretty sure.

@Hockeyfan: If you want a full PvP server, go to AOD. Player towns should be safe zones, or at least have the option of being a safe zone.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

@Hockeyfan: If you want a full PvP server, go to AOD. Player towns should be safe zones, or at least have the option of being a safe zone.
Prim was late 2011 to early 2012. JtE started December 2012. Just drop the debate about PvP it has been settled :I

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
There was actually an SMP before JtE - which anyone can correct me if I'm wrong - Malcovent ran, Marnixxie applied for VetOp before opening, then got promoted to Controller alongside bored and eventually took it over as Director. Him and his team then created JtE. Not sure if this was the one immediately after Prim but it existed. :D People made their own clans like usual. [TNT] had their shop which was protected from PvP since the whole map was and we actually had a pretty cool base inside a mountain with an amazing exp grinder. I'M NOT CRAZY, I REMEMBER THIS!

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
There was actually an SMP before JtE - which anyone can correct me if I'm wrong - Malcovent ran, Marnixxie applied for VetOp before opening, then got promoted to Controller alongside bored and eventually took it over as Director. Him and his team then created JtE. Not sure if this was the one immediately after Prim but it existed. :D People made their own clans like usual. [TNT] had their shop which was protected from PvP since the whole map was and we actually had a pretty cool base inside a mountain with an amazing exp grinder. I'M NOT CRAZY, I REMEMBER THIS!
There was the smp with Zombe, luck3rs, CTY, etc and then there the smp before JtE with SLV, EMT, SBG etc.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
There was the smp with Zombe, luck3rs, CTY, etc and then there the smp before JtE with SLV, EMT, SBG etc.
Dont forget the SMP with the fucking tall mountains!

Jubjubers

Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Dont forget the SMP with the fucking tall mountains!

And the fucking big boat.