Dusk of Discordia - the future of SMP

D

DarkHender

Eeeep... I'm gonna be killed a lot like last full SMP server, I just know it.

• Agree
Reactions: Zelz

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Gonna stick away from this. I can't pvp for jack shit. :(
I am not 100% involved in the development, so the following might be incorrect, but from what I understand there will still be normal protected no-pvp zones.

Don't dare staying away from us, if need be I will make a Roobland Safehaven!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Gonna stick away from this. I can't pvp for jack shit. :(
I am not 100% involved in the development, so the following might be incorrect, but from what I understand there will still be normal protected no-pvp zones.

Don't dare staying away from us, if need be I will make a Roobland Safehaven!
Hmmm.... so PvP zones are like in SMP 3? :D

I wonder how many player/settlement ranks will be here.
Or settlements will be free-form like SMP 4?

Fatalis

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping towns will have the option to be non-PvP. Remember the LAST TIME the entire server was full PvP?

I need to redesign Fatalis General Hospital/Trauma Center, though. Better planning is needed.

Perhaps we can have a plugin that includes a healing block of some sort (like coal blocks did in the older SMP)

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping towns will have the option to be non-PvP. Remember the LAST TIME the entire server was full PvP?

I need to redesign Fatalis General Hospital/Trauma Center, though. Better planning is needed.

Perhaps we can have a plugin that includes a healing block of some sort (like coal blocks did in the older SMP)
What was wrong with SMP4?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Servers with full pvp and not one single chance to create little no-pvp safehavens (e.g a village protection or the pvp protection stones, etc.) have always turned out utter shite.
The TNT shop I liked where people could meet for trades, but smp4 was good. Also no pvp in settlements means you can't stop raids...

Henry

Reaction score
Servers with full pvp and not one single chance to create little no-pvp safehavens (e.g a village protection or the pvp protection stones, etc.) have always turned out utter shite.
With all due respect sir, many of us have been waiting for a server with full PvP. Journey of Elysium died before it even made it to half of its lifespand, it was always the same players (<6). During the last month of SMP4, the server had at least more than 0 players!

Edit: Will JtE's Map be posted on http://smp.blocktopia.net/maps.php

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
With all due respect sir, many of us have been waiting for a server with full PvP. Journey of Elysium died before it even made it to half of its lifespand, it was always 0-6 of the same players on (not saying at the same time). During the last month of SMP4, the server had at least more than 0 players!

Well I guess thanks for calling me "sir".

About the rest, I don't see any connection to anything else. But this thread is not for such discussions anyways, since we don't know any of the details yet. If I might remind you, the main post says "full pvp", so you can presume that most of the map will have pvp enabled.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and RyanDodd

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
The TNT shop I liked where people could meet for trades, but smp4 was good. Also no pvp in settlements means you can't stop raids...
Well, you can double-block entrance, to see if raiders is stalking you.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Well, you can double-block entrance, to see if raiders is stalking you.
Just make walls around the town.