Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I also tag the hell out of alive
You monster.

maybe I'm reading too much into that?
Better to be reading too much into something than too little into it Tbh.
I dont particularly care what inf responds to my question tbh, I'm more asking this question to get him to double check his own reasoning.

emphasis on the why now
See my most recent reads post if you want the full explaination but the tl;dr is:
Notty lying about her report feels like a ploy to acheive some sort of goal, and her reason for backtracking wasnt convincing.
Mis generally feels like shes detached from the outcome if the game and hasn't provided a lot of reasoning for her votes.

• Haha
Reactions: Boooo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
May I ask what specifically feels fake about my reads?
they just felt fake

if i go back to your reads list then these ones specifically feel fake

Moog - I've had my eye on Mooglie ever since they suggested piling onto hip to put pressure on them. I got the feeling that that was a coordinated effort with Notty to push a mislynch, and I really havent seen anything else that's convinced me otherwise.
Notty - Im solidly convinced she's scum. The whole lying about getting a report of hip visiting the machine and then later admitting to lying sounds too much like a ploy to achieve some strange objective. Further more, I don't buy her claim that she did so "to start conversation" for a second. There are much better ways to start conversation (e.g. asking questions, posting reads or annoying Sir Mars Bar).
hip - Admittedly part of this might be compassion for him being bullied by Notty
Mischief - her rationale doesnt really make sense from a townie perspective.
for moog imo it was completely reasonable to pile onto hip when someone had a report on them and i find it unlikely you genuinely think it was an effort to push a mislynch since it was such a reasonable thing to do to me it seems unlikely to me that you'd see it so differently, and youre wrong in that he said it would pressure hip since thats not the reason he gave for doing it (and it makes me think back to last game when you imo gave a completely inaccurate description of what id done before as scum, although this time is much less drastic) and i did the exact same thing/said the same thing oog said and yet you town read me and havent mentioned this at all about me

for notty idk it just feels like an oppurtunistic read to me, your original suspicion on them did back ages ago did as well

for hip i just find it unlikely you'd be like 'i think theyre town but maybe thats just because i have compassion for them being a victim of being bullied', idk that just seems such a bizarre thign to consider since why would you a) actually feel bad for hip when nothing that bad happened to him, and b) feel that that could be making you think hes town, since idk how feeling compassionate for someone being bullied could be mixed up with thinking theyre town - idk maybe im misunderstanding what you meant with this one since it feels like maybe i am

and for mis where has her rationale not made sense from a townie perspective, what does this mean and why didnt you elaborate on this, feels again like a faked read you just couldnt think of anything to put so you put that

also, who would you like to lynch the most and why
stranger since im most confident theyre scum

Boooo

Reaction score
Better to be reading too much into something than too little into it Tbh.
I dont particularly care what inf responds to my question tbh, I'm more asking this question to get him to double check his own reasoning.

See my most recent reads post if you want the full explaination but the tl;dr is:
Notty lying about her report feels like a ploy to acheive some sort of goal, and her reason for backtracking wasnt convincing.
Mis generally feels like shes detached from the outcome if the game and hasn't provided a lot of reasoning for her votes.
and I oop-

fair point, that reminds me- I kinda do feel like notty just jumped onto the excuse inffy made for her lying like it was the truth all along- which I doubt

eh, I mis really is 3p I'm not too sure that theyre a threat to town, especially seeing as the y seem willing to help and as mafia I feel like theyd be more into it- but maybe that's just me not understanding an inactive mafia game play

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
for moog imo it was completely reasonable to pile onto hip when someone had a report on them and i find it unlikely you genuinely think it was an effort to push a mislynch since it was such a reasonable thing to do to me it seems unlikely to me that you'd see it so differently, and youre wrong in that he said it would pressure hip since thats not the reason he gave for doing it (and it makes me think back to last game when you imo gave a completely inaccurate description of what id done before as scum, although this time is much less drastic) and i did the exact same thing/said the same thing oog said and yet you town read me and havent mentioned this at all about me
(btw the reason he gave was that if notty was lying she'd come clean once hip had votes on him, which is what i also said)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
fair point, that reminds me- I kinda do feel like notty just jumped onto the excuse inffy made for her lying like it was the truth all along- which I doubt
tbf the reason I gave that 'excuse' was since it was 100% something i could see notty doing, personally i dont doubt it at all, but i think shed do that regardless of alignment anyway

Boooo

Reaction score
tbf the reason I gave that 'excuse' was since it was 100% something i could see notty doing, personally i dont doubt it at all, but i think shed do that regardless of alignment anyway
that wasn't meant to imply you made a cover for her, just that she hopped onto that when I dont think that was the case

Boooo

Reaction score
why dont you think it was the case exactly
because the way she brought it up seemed ingenuine and I still feel like she would have said it was a fake claim sooner
and then when I confronted her about this her reaction to that still seemed very fake

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(btw the reason he gave was that if notty was lying she'd come clean once hip had votes on him, which is what i also said)
Ok, I must have missed that when backreading.

for hip i just find it unlikely you'd be like 'i think theyre town but maybe thats just because i have compassion for them being a victim of being bullied', idk that just seems such a bizarre thign to consider since why would you a) actually feel bad for hip when nothing that bad happened to him, and b) feel that that could be making you think hes town, since idk how feeling compassionate for someone being bullied could be mixed up with thinking theyre town - idk maybe im misunderstanding what you meant with this one since it feels like maybe i am
My reasoning here was more than just compassion - Im acknowleding that me feeling bad for hip could have clouded my judgment. That said, the fact that ship's first reaction was to try and figure out what could have interfered with Notty's read as well as the fact that he repeatedly denied visiting the machine seems very townie to me, as IMO a scum would have OMGUSed Notty or come up with a townie-sounding reason as to why he visited the machine.

and for mis where has her rationale not made sense from a townie perspective, what does this mean and why didnt you elaborate on this, feels again like a faked read you just couldnt think of anything to put so you put that
Mainly that she doesn't seem to have any strong opinions on who to lynch/not lynch. Like in the post that I linked in my reads post (#529 I think?) she blatantly says she reads Poke as town but he's probably going to get lynched anyway. In that scenario I feel like an actual townie would have presented reasons not to lynch poke, as opposed to taking a "whatever, dude" course of action that she cam easily change later.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
because the way she brought it up seemed ingenuine and I still feel like she would have said it was a fake claim sooner
and then when I confronted her about this her reaction to that still seemed very fake
could you quote it for me

Ok, I must have missed that when backreading.

My reasoning here was more than just compassion - Im acknowleding that me feeling bad for hip could have clouded my judgment.
yeah I know I just find it odd to even consider 'maybe my compassion for him being bullied is making him feel town' since to me being town has nothing to do with whether or not you feel compassion for somebody or not for being targeted by notty, I can feel bad for someone who I also think is scum - just feels weird to say that that could be influencing your read, so doesn't seem genuine and feels like an excuse to pretend your read has uncertainty or depth or something

as IMO a scum would have OMGUSed Notty or come up with a townie-sounding reason as to why he visited the machine.
but he'd already said he can't visit the machine so it's not like he could come up with a townie sounding reason as to why he visited it since that in itself would be contradicting what he said before and seem non townie

Mainly that she doesn't seem to have any strong opinions on who to lynch/not lynch. Like in the post that I linked in my reads post (#529 I think?) she blatantly says she reads Poke as town but he's probably going to get lynched anyway. In that scenario I feel like an actual townie would have presented reasons not to lynch poke, as opposed to taking a "whatever, dude" course of action that she cam easily change later.
what does that have to do with her 'rationale' though

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but he'd already said he can't visit the machine so it's not like he could come up with a townie sounding reason as to why he visited it since that in itself would be contradicting what he said before and seem non townie
True, but at that point the easiest path would have been to straight out call Notty a liar and yet he didn't.

what does that have to do with her 'rationale' though
Im Not sure I can fully explain it without resorting to vibes™ but the fact that she was relying largely on meta-reads (knowing how poke plays elsewhere) and didn't really cite anything from this game that made Poke seem townie to her. Plus her level of confidence (or at least my perception of her level of confidence) when saying that Poke is probably town gave me the weird feeling that she knows he's probably town bc she knows who the mafia team is.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
True, but at that point the easiest path would have been to straight out call Notty a liar and yet he didn't.
I don't agree, doing that would be pitting him in a 1v1 with notty, if he could convince everyone they could both be telling the truth it'd be easier imo

(not that I think that's why he did what he did since I don't but)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount #6

Boooo - 2 (PokeSvorlds, Jacethegray) [L-6]
PokeSvorlds - 2 (hipmeow, Nottykitten) [L-6]
Stranger from Planet 9 - 4 (Infected Alien 8_, MarsKid, Mooglie, Boooo) [L-4]
hipmeow - 1 (Infected Alien8_) [L-7]
Nottykitten - 1 (Stranger from Planet 9) [L-6]

With 15 Players alive it will take 8 votes to lynch and 8 to no-lynch.

A deadline has been set. 4 PM UTC Sunday, 10/6.
If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player will the most votes will be lynched, with ties being decided randomly.

Mischief

Reaction score
Tsk bad wording

Huh, I thought stranger was third party giving out Halloween treats, I know why inffy and a few others are lynching them but are you sure it's a good idea

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
seems to be making a lot of reads list like she's trying to look like she's helping without actually doing so
have you expressed an opinion on their reads? or do you have one? what makes you think theyre trying to look like helping instead of just plain helping

'i think theyre town but maybe thats just because i have compassion for them being a victim of being bullied', idk that just seems such a bizarre thign to consider
isn't this basically normal. like if someone's getting voted by like 4 people for little reason given then people tend to drift towards them being town on that alone (see: boo lmao) i dont see how it's unreasonable that could be extended to hip getting bullied by notty plus other people in the previous situation causing the same inclination

I thought stranger was third party giving out Halloween treats
they've talked about giving out pizza? where did you get any of this from

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
isn't this basically normal. like if someone's getting voted by like 4 people for little reason given then people tend to drift towards them being town on that alone (see: boo lmao) i dont see how it's unreasonable that could be extended to hip getting bullied by notty plus other people in the previous situation causing the same inclination
I'd understand town reading someone if they're getting wagoned/targeted by people you suspect but I wouldn't say that's "compassion" for them, so I don't think that was stranger's point, that's not how I interpreted it anyway

Reactions: Boooo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like, the reason she gave was the feeling of compassion itself as clouding her judgement, not the logic of why she felt the compassion (hip being targeted by maf)

I feel like I'm doing a bad job of explaining this and im on mobile which has like a 10 second delay for every letter i hit so I'll explain better on pc later maybe

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like, the reason she gave was the feeling of compassion itself as clouding her judgement, not the logic of why she felt the compassion (hip being targeted by maf)

I feel like I'm doing a bad job of explaining this and im on mobile which has like a 10 second delay for every letter i hit so I'll explain better on pc later maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.