Army of Darkness - Zombie Survival Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Would love to see the original Silvervale, New Arcem, Tropical, and just a ton of Blocktopia landmarks in general optimized for this... :D
Alas, would probably take a while to build Tropical or Silvervale, ect. the same way it used to be, not sure if there are even any map makers out there who remember all these old places, but nice food for thought <3

Hojojo

Reaction score
I suggest put more stuff in maps (ladders,weapons,food,POTIONS) because its hard to fight against better equiped Zombies.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ideas for all you brilliant map makers

A mining facility that puts you guys underground with minecart jumps

A science base on the moon with lots of redstone traps

An underground forest

Volcano island

Work at these now
Started on volcano island, will be done by the weekend. Also going to start a floating island abyss-esque map :D
EDIT: @GmK why not make a blank map? I.E. No blocks, all bedrock, just pure running :D

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Also, instead of resetting inventory, allow player to keep one item? Maybe the item in their last slot in the action bar (I think it's called action bar)
I don't think it should be a specific spot, considering people can just put their diamond chestplate or whatever they have in the specific location.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think users should get nothing per map, and only get items from chests located around the map (I.E There is 25 chests around the map, all containing pieces of armour, food, blocks) - But everyone that starts receives Stone sword, Stone axe, stone shovel, and a Bow, but players have to get everything else, including arrows, by themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Thanks all for your feedback and positive comments! We've taken all comments here into account, have already made a few changes, with many more planned.

While persistent inventories made for some interesting variety, in the very soon future there will be full inventory resets each round. In future, map authors will be able to configure most game/inventory settings to how they want their map to play.

There are a few other changes in the pipe. but we'll have to see how best people like to play. I'm glad you're enjoying the server! Thanks to GmK for finding the space and time to slot it in between all the others! =)

• Winner
Reactions: IntensiK

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Update on lava map submission! Here's a few early dev images, from a few hours ago. A lot of stuff's changed since though :p

Reactions: Summer10

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
More pics! I'd say the beta version of this is nearly done :D

In order:
PIC 1: Spawn island (microisland, will have a small shipwreck near it.)
PIC 2: Daytime shot of island from above.
PIC 3: Shot of underground tunnels, will be increasing the number, and adding an underground base in the full version.
PIC 4: Obligitary night shot.
PIC 5: Shot of small forest also present.

Reactions: Summer10 and Duffie

Hojojo

Reaction score
ok guys i have done map :)

On this pic it looks boring but
there is big underground complex.Threre is nuclear warfare
mysterius looking stuff
There is a submarine
and this map contains toilet ofcourse
Name of map:Zone 4
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ofo6iaaf14akalo
I hope that @GmK will put it in rotation and you will enjoy it !

erik1979

Reaction score
I very much dislike the fact that the "humans" start with nothing, instead of starting with the kit that we had just yesterday. There is no way for one to fight back against the zombies during a round, unless they use their fists which becomes totally unrealistic. I am all for the inventory clearing each and every round, but at least start the people off with something every round to give them supplies for survival. If not, don't give the zombies anything and make them use fists also.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
First zombie should start with diamond sword maybe? They'll at least be able to kill one human if they're in a group. However, if they start in a group and they all have stone swords, that one zombie will just die.

Status
Not open for further replies.