Army of Darkness - Zombie Survival Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazingsand

Reaction score
Do my eyes decieve me? A zombie survival server in 1.1!? YES! Can't wait to try it out!

Numberplay

Reaction score
Update on my map :

Islands are shaped. Mobs are already living on them :p Wonder if it will make it to the zombie project. But I still enjoy building it. Oh and the bottom will be wiped out when the map is finished.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Silvervale is done. Just needs testing. Chests have been hugely thinned out/emptied, but there's still enough in there to make anyone set for the round. All diamond blocks in the road have been replaced with worthless lapis lazuli. Gold blocks are not removed because you can't do anything worthwhile with it in a zombie round. Got the world file bookmarked in case this can be integrated into testing the server, in the event that the server's kept, whether it be for further testing or a hard release.

SO LET THE NOSTALGIA COMMENCE.

Reactions: Duffie

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I very much dislike the fact that the "humans" start with nothing, instead of starting with the kit that we had just yesterday. There is no way for one to fight back against the zombies during a round, unless they use their fists which becomes totally unrealistic. I am all for the inventory clearing each and every round, but at least start the people off with something every round to give them supplies for survival. If not, don't give the zombies anything and make them use fists also.
Yes yes yes dont worry, we are getting there. We will have a custom loadout per map as the next step, and much more. We do this step by step ;)

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, a little feedback for you, from countless times in the forest frenzy map. After the build round, is it possible for survivors to recieve 5 block breaks? This would prevent idiots like me getting stuck inside trees -_-

Peter24

Reaction score
Silvervale is done. Just needs testing. Chests have been hugely thinned out/emptied, but there's still enough in there to make anyone set for the round. All diamond blocks in the road have been replaced with worthless lapis lazuli. Gold blocks are not removed because you can't do anything worthwhile with it in a zombie round. Got the world file bookmarked in case this can be integrated into testing the server, in the event that the server's kept, whether it be for further testing or a hard release.

SO LET THE NOSTALGIA COMMENCE.

I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HEEEEEEEERE

erik1979

Reaction score
Yes yes yes dont worry, we are getting there. We will have a custom loadout per map as the next step, and much more. We do this step by step ;)
That is understandable. I would for sure like to see humans receiving some sort of load out each map, as well as with zombies. Possibly first zombie gets more powerful armor/weapons, in order to keep the flow of infection occurring. We shall see I guess. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

IamGreg07

Reaction score
I must say, the Idea is amazing and I'm sure this server will go far. Just wanted to ask, is it that the zombies were nerfed or something? Regardless of what humans have the zombies seem to win 99% of fights in the game. I think it'd be better if they were both evenly matched, but with just a smaller space in which to hide.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, just to let you know, I'm going to improve the volcano map to make it more fair for the humans to survive on. I'm also going to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Also, kudos to the person who first finds the three super secret bits! (one of which is hard to find unless you know the map or xray hack, in my case it's having the map :p)
The first one is the secret chest with fire resistance potions, diamond sword and cooked porkchop (hard to find, easy to return from)
The second one is just a sign telling you of it's rarity.
The third (and xray hack one) is a small chamber with full diamond armour, diamond sword and a golden apple. It's the only place in-map to get the full armour.

Post a pic of you with said hidden treasures to win kudos and a secret mention in the ultrasecret chamber in the next update of the map!

Numberplay

Reaction score
I've found one secret with a ladder and lava behind glass next to that ladder.

EDIT : @Roobarb Pie The armor and weapon makes it a bit too easy.

Oh and it pays off to work as a team. We were 6 underground and lost only one @Jammy001.

I was the one protecting everyone else.

EonLatias

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well I hid in a little alcove and barely anyone came close. I guess they were all going after those six... Works to my advantage anyway!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I've found one secret with a ladder and lava behind glass next to that ladder.

EDIT : @Roobarb Pie The armor and weapon makes it a bit too easy.

Oh and it pays off to work as a team. We were 6 underground and lost only one @Jammy001.
Sure thing, the next version will have nerfed chests. This one was an ealy version intended to root out any issues that may come up. Like you said, the weapons and armour are one problem. I'll be releasing another build of it before the weekend for further testing.
Edit: and that's the emergency exit from the lab, it's a one-way system :p

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
As tempting as it may be to put diamond swords and armour in a map, maybe put a mixture of armour for a group, or some items to build defences?

Regardless of what humans have the zombies seem to win 99% of fights in the game. I think it'd be better if they were both evenly matched, but with just a smaller space in which to hide.
The damage system is limited to whole numbers only (out of 20 life), so small changes make a big impact, this may be reviewed with the recent custom loadout additions and what appear to be a few issue with priority among other plugins. Needs more time.

After the build round, is it possible for survivors to recieve 5 block breaks?
No. I do however share your pain having been trapped in a hole after digging straight down!=P

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
@Hojojo

Thanks for the map. As I have said before, we do not yet properly take into map submissions, as we first have to ensure the software runs the way we want it to, before we can start making map guidelines. So hold your map in the pipeline!

Reaction score
man I hope I can connect!
This sounds so cool! a Beta-Zombie-Survival,
shit! man i cant say how epic this is!

Edi!

ps. Winx, you could try a Beta-Lava-Survival;)
pss. xxxoooxxx LISTINGS09

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Regardless of what humans have the zombies seem to win 99% of fights in the game. I think it'd be better if they were both evenly matched, but with just a smaller space in which to hide.
I dunno.

Have you ever been in a Zombie Apocalyptic situation before? Zombies are usually the better, especially in terms of group size and usually strength.

Technically, humans are supposed to have a low chance of surviving, depending on how they attempt to survive. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.