Anime: Discuss!

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on the new episode of Shinjeki no Kyojin (episode 8)
I watched an episode of podtoku

I agreed with Holden, that the eaten humans become titans. In episode 7, when I saw the titan killing others, I was skeptical about it being eren, but when they said something along the lines of "that titan displays humanities' anger" I knew that it was eren. I think that when humans become titans, there brain is sort of taken over, but eren had a strong enough will to fend it off. At the end of episode 8, it was confirmed to be eren. He appeared in the neck of the titan. This proves why the neck is the weak spot. That is where the "brain" is.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
This just reminds me that I'm old. It's been years since I've watched anime.

Seen:
Akira (movie)
Macross: Do You Remember Love? (movie)
Macross II (movie)
Macross Plus (movie)
Ninja Scroll (movie)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (tv series, all 26 episodes)
The End of Evangelion (movie)
Violence Jack (movie, pretty messed up)
Fist of the North Star (tv series, only saw about 30 episodes, out of about 150 iirc, also saw one of the movies)
Princess Mononoke (movie)
Afro Samurai (mini series, all 5 episodes)
Afro Samurai: Resurrection (movie)
Dragonball (tv series, all of it)
Berserk! (tv series, all 25 episodes)
Ghost in the Shell (movie)
Patlabor 2 (movie)
The Animatrix (yes, it counts, and was pretty damn good)
Transformers the Movie (they swore and killed autobots!)
Tekken (movie, this one was pretty dumb)

Transformers (tv series, all of it. I grew up on this shit)
Voltron: Defender of the Universe (tv series, a bunch of it)
Samurai Pizza Cats (tv series, a bunch of it)
Sailor Moon (first 3 seasons iirc)
Pokemon (tv series, first 2 seasons or so)
DBZ (tv series, only saw certain sagas, even as a teenager I couldn't hang on to this, it was pretty dumb and definitely a let down after the original series)

I'd recommend a lot of them, just not the 2 dumb ones (tekken and dbz), which are dumb. The separated lower part of the list are things I saw on tv, so it was sometimes difficult to tell which seasons and how much of them you'd seen. I'm sure I'm missing a couple as well.

I still have a bunch of these on video cassette. /OLD.

Forest_Knight

Reaction score
Soul eater- Just now starting to get into this one.
Yu-Gi-Oh- My whole childhood. Still have a lot of the cards.
Yu-Gi-Oh GX- A great and creative new story line. In my opinion, all the other ones after the first two were completely a let down.
Pokemon- Everyone likes this for a reason.
Dragon ball Z- Loved this series.
Naruto- A big part of my childhood. Didn't really watch Naruto shippuden, but I do plan on watching it later.

These are really the only ones that I watch or watched.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Just saw 20 episodes in a row of Sword Art Online yesterday night. It's amazing. It has it's cute romance scenes and awesome action scenes that keep us entertained. I really love it. Sadly there's only 25 episodes to it.

Also if you guys have any recommendations of anime that resembles Sword art online, it would be greatly appreciated. Tagging people who are watching or finished the series:
Mmarz11
grimmjowforever
K1ngHoward
Jayfeather21

Last edited:
Reactions: Zelz

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
pokemon: Its been part of my childhood since i first episode :D
naruto: I didn't like this show at first but I started to enjoy it the more I watched it :D
Digimon: same as pokemon I enjoyed the show since the first episode
Inyasha: I love this show since the first episode

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Just saw 20 episodes in a row of Soul Art Online yesterday night. It's amazing. It has it's cute romance scenes and awesome action scenes that keep us entertained. I really love it. Sadly there's only 25 episodes to it.

Also if you guys have any recommendations of anime that resembles Sword art online, it would be greatly appreciated. Tagging people who are watching or finished the series:
Mmarz11
grimmjowforever
K1ngHoward
Jayfeather21
.hack yo

• Agree
Reactions: Summer10

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
Btw Shinsekai Yori is a fantastic anime.
Awesome art.
Awesome soundtrack.
Awesome story.
Awesome life lesson.
Awesome antagonists.
Awesome characters.

Watch it, only 26 episodes x3
Yes, I agree. When I watched it, I fell in love. Although a lot of things happened that I didn't want. :( Like...
never seeing Maria again after her and Mamoru left. :(

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Just saw 20 episodes in a row of Soul Art Online yesterday night. It's amazing. It has it's cute romance scenes and awesome action scenes that keep us entertained. I really love it. Sadly there's only 25 episodes to it.

Try "Accel World" It focuses on a main character who is introduced to a game that allows you special powers in the normal world through their electronic neck collars that connect them to the internet. Though it seems all fun and games, the special abilities are powered by "points" and you gain those points by fighting it out with other "Accel World" players. The main goal of the game is to become a level ten character, for when that happens the creator of the game will come out of hiding and tell the person who reaches Level 10 what the purpose of the game is.
This show was created by the same person who made sword art online, so you should see some similarities, also keep a look out for a SAO easter egg in that show :p

Forest_Knight

Reaction score
Btw Shinsekai Yori is a fantastic anime.
Awesome art.
Awesome soundtrack.
Awesome story.
Awesome life lesson.
Awesome antagonists.
Awesome characters.

Watch it, only 26 episodes x3
Yes, I agree. When I watched it, I fell in love. Although a lot of things happened that I didn't want. :( Like never seeing Maria again after her and Mamoru left. :(

Dat spoiler..

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com

I do know that many Sword Art Online fans enjoy Accel World (same author I think).
A similar anime would be ".hack//sign" (pronounced dot-hack-sign).

Reactions: Vatowski and Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Oh wow, I just remembered some animes that I haven't seen too much of.

Tokyo Mew Mew
WinX Club (Although, this was brought back up by... Disney Channel, I think? I don't remember. It used to be on 4kids. :p)
Sonic X

I just want to play the games, for crying out loud. If only playing Playstation games on emulators was as simple as playing ROMs...

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
I do know that many Sword Art Online fans enjoy Accel World (same author I think).
Just a question for those who have watched the ".hack//" series, i heard that it has less action in it though and focuses more on talking and character development than actual action in the game itself. Is this true?
Jayfeather21

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Just a question for those who have watched the ".hack//" series, i heard that it has less action in it though and focuses more on talking and character development than actual action in the game itself. Is this true?
Jayfeather21
omg I read the manga when I was 9 I don't even know what I'm talking about.
I've honestly only watched one episode of the anime because it didn't necessarily hook me and I plan to go back one day, but I just remember really liking the manga and I know it's about a VR. [But seriously I did actually read it when I was 9 I don't remember a lot except for Onni-chan which APPARENTLY IS NOT A NAME?!???]

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score