Anime: Discuss!

Reaction score
I don't really watch much anime, takes a lot of time and commitment to actually complete a series.
I like Deadman Wonderland, its like this thing where the guy does stuff with weird powers and shit with his blood and then he does this thing that he didn't thing and then other people he meet do weird blood stuff too. I'm not really good with explanations.
Series stopped in a weird place so yeah stuff but its cool to watch. :D

Reactions: AvantGarde
G

Guest35486

My favorite so far is Sword Art Online. Currently watching Accel World. Both are very good and similar.

• Agree
Reactions: Vatowski

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
My favourites are Darker Than Black, 07 Ghost, Psycho Pass and I think Shinsekai Yori and Shingeki no Kyojin are going to be my new favourites. I don't know, but from my favourites I've noticed a trend - Majority of them are really meticulously-made animes that are set into the future. Darker than Black is just pure awesome, with really gorgeous osts and it isn't like those animes out there which you watch without really thinking about the plot and it usually has a bigger meaning behind the story. The same goes to Shinsekai Yori and Psycho Pass. 07 Ghost meanwhile, really touched me and I cried a lot. Shingeki No Kyojin is just pure passion; the show was so brilliantly made that you can directly feel the amount of effort and passion put into the show. Watch it. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Well I finished Accel World. Pretty good but I liked Sword Art Online better. I also found the SAO easter egg in Accel World.

Starting to watch a anime series called: The world god only knows.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Well I finished Accel World. Pretty good but I liked Sword Art Online better. I also found the SAO easter egg in Accel World.

Starting to watch a anime series called: The world god only knows.
That one is very nice, third season has been confirmed, for your information. It is a nice anime, but i somehow feel sad for him always have the women fall in love with him, but never able to have his own true love. Though he says he doesn't care, i truly believe he does care and keeps falling back to his games, after he "conquers" the women, for emotional support. :3

• Agree
Reactions: Vatowski

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Well just finished The world god only knows (both seasons). Looking for another anime that resembles it or SAO. You seem to know a lot any suggestions K1ngHoward
  1. Teggen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    1. After spending a long time under ground Simone and Kamina have had it living in fear of the surface. The two men band together to get out to the surface and find out what is up there. They soon find out that the surface is not all gumdrops and daisies, finding it inhabited by aliens who are controlled by the Anti-spirals. They join together with many new friends to over throw this oppressive enemy that has left the universe cowering for too long.
    2. Genre: Action Adventure Comedy/Drama Mecha
    3. 27 episodes
  2. Zero no Tsukaima
    1. Louise is a high-society girl who is in a magical school to learn magic. Though she tries her best she has been unsuccessful to pull any type of magic only ending up in an explosion every time she casts, giving her the nickname Louise the Zero. Second year rolls around, to a time where they need to summon their life long familiars. Louise wanting a normal powerful familiar instead gets Saito who is a normal japanese boy from another universe. Saito has to learn to get along with and protect his master who turns out to be the rare type of Void magic user, and her cooperation can help save the kingdom that she lives in.
    2. This is a great comedy romance, where one minute you will feel emotional for the characters and the next you can be laughing so hard you can barely breath. It has great mixture of the two leading this anime to be a great recommendation. It has some adult themes, but is so good that you should not miss it.
    3. Genres: Adventure Fantasy Romantic Comedy
    4. 4 seasons, 49 episodes
  3. Code Geass
    1. Lelouch, the 27th heir to the Britannia thrown has just lost his mother through an assassination and lives in the newest colony, Japan, to protect his sister Nunally, for the fear that they will come after them both. Lelouch gets caught in the middle of a genocide of old Japanese citizens in the old Tokyo district, when he saves a woman who was labeled as a biological weapon. This woman bestows upon Lelouch the power of the geass, a powerful mark that allows him to command anyone he wants when he has direct eye contact with them. With this new power, Lelouch puts his plan into action to take over Britannia, kill his mother's murderer, and make the world a safer place for his sister Nunally.
    2. Genre: Mecha Supernatural Drama Tragedy Psychological
    3. 2 seasons, 50 episodes
These are a few of my favorites and i hope they are what you are looking for.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Well just finished The world god only knows (both seasons). Looking for another anime that resembles it or SAO. You seem to know a lot any suggestions K1ngHoward
<I gave up trying to copy just the Code Geass part>
I would also recommend Code Geass. I really enjoyed it and didn't want to stop watching it once I started.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I plan on watching 'Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai,' or 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' sometime this summer. I've seen the first couple of episodes when they had just started to become translated as they were released, but I stopped since they were only coming out each Sunday or Monday. I couldn't wait a whole week to watch another episode... xD

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
I plan on watching 'Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai,' or 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' sometime this summer. I've seen the first couple of episodes when they had just started to become translated as they were released, but I stopped since they were only coming out each Sunday or Monday. I couldn't wait a whole week to watch another episode... xD
Season 2 of that show is just airing right now with only 9 out of the 13 episodes (8 if you aren't premium on crunchyroll :3) I like being able to watch an episode each week, but i also want to rush through it because it is so good. Like when you get so into a show you just marathon all the episodes in a couple days (i did that for code geass :p) 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' is such a cute show that it just leaves me with a smile on my face after every episode. :D

Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Season 2 of that show is just airing right now with only 9 out of the 13 episodes (8 if you aren't premium on crunchyroll :3) I like being able to watch an episode each week, but i also want to rush through it because it is so good. Like when you get so into a show you just marathon all the episodes in a couple days (i did that for code geass :p) 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' is such a cute show that it just leaves me with a smile on my face after every episode. :D
Duly noted, and--

'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' is such a cute show that it just leaves me with a smile on my face after every episode. :D
I totally agree, and just from watching the first couple of episodes! x3

I swear, there are some animes out there, that just get to you. In different ways, too.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Here are my thoughts on the new episode of Shinjeki no Kyojin (episode 8)
I watched an episode of podtoku

I agreed with Holden, that the eaten humans become titans. In episode 7, when I saw the titan killing others, I was skeptical about it being eren, but when they said something along the lines of "that titan displays humanities' anger" I knew that it was eren. I think that when humans become titans, there brain is sort of taken over, but eren had a strong enough will to fend it off. At the end of episode 8, it was confirmed to be eren. He appeared in the neck of the titan. This proves why the neck is the weak spot. That is where the "brain" is.
Just watched the 8th episode since crunchyroll is an episode behind :p.
Now that eren has returned i wonder if the knowledge he has gained from becoming a titan would help the humans finally push back to gain their territory.
Also now that they know the titans are all humans i wonder if a debate will begin whether to kill them or try and save them, since they now realize they are humans.
Episode really brings up some interesting questions about the titans and how the humans may react to finding out about eren who was once a titan.

Superchops

Reaction score
I just made an anime list because of this thread!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Superchops

Anime is something I've been getting into recently, rather than a long-time hobby like some of you fellas. I really would like to find more great animes if I can, but right now I've been procrastinating in regards to commiting to a series. Of the few animes I've seen already, my all-time favourite is Welcome To The NHK. Cowboy Bebop and Baccano also really stood out.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
<I gave up trying to copy just the Code Geass part>
I would also recommend Code Geass. I really enjoyed it and didn't want to stop watching it once I started.

I would also highly recommend Code Geass, I love it so much I actually watched it for the 5th time (both seasons) these past two days.
And no one wanted to mention any of the Mobile Suit Gundams? I'm disappointed...
School Days, Mirai Nikki, Cowboy Bebop, Guilty Crown, SAO, and Ghost in the Shell are also personal favorites of mine.

I've watched so much anime I forgotten half of the things I've watched and don't even bother with a list anymore, when I stopped the listed I had was two full pages written of more than 100 completed series... and that was like 5 years ago.

I also have been watching anime since the first Pokemon and Digimon came out.

However as of late due to convenience I rarely watch anime anymore and just stick with reading manga. As it saves time. Although I am part of my university's anime club and that is basically the only time I watch anime anymore.

I might make a list again... although I feel like it would take a day or two to complete it.