The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
We've no real reason to lynch Ender over Ltin today though. Ltin's got the useless/scumy claim along with the likely concrete proof that they told Boooo about their speech vice which is why Boo was able to accurately fake claim a speech vice day 1.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but mac's win con is to trigger negative things, meaning he'd have to do something for it to happen, but you needed to either be blocked or for mac to die for your kill to even be possible by the looks of it? so mac's win con doesn't seem to be relevant to you

the only happy pill role that makes sense with mac's win con is shadow's - you'd think with mac's role that there'd be several people he'd be able to mess up with pills but the only other two people claiming anything to do with them supposedly only get messed up without them
He'd be able to trigger mine simply by saying "Nope, sorry, no happy pills today!" Saying that he had no capacity to mess with my role is just incorrect. My plan from the start was "N1, no visit to get one of my two pill-less nights out of the way, by N2 if I still don't know who I'd want to kill I can go get a pill and postpone it until N3 at least." Him dying today (or choosing to close up shop tonight) would result in me having to kill someone before I was ready. Or at least, that'd be the projected outcome. I still have no idea where my second pill came from and I'm still upset that I have it.

And his win condition doesn't say "or kill them" it says "get them killed". As in, get 'em lynched. And mechanically, I'd say he wouldn't even need to take part in the death, just take the win when they die.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
He'd be able to trigger mine simply by saying "Nope, sorry, no happy pills today!"
How would he do that? You visit him every night and he always gives out pills to visitors

My plan from the start was "N1, no visit to get one of my two pill-less nights out of the way
I'm confused, I thought you said you had to visit someone

Him dying today (or choosing to close up shop tonight)
closing up shop just means he doesn't visit someone himself, visitors still get happy pills, so you'd still get one

Him dying today (or choosing to close up shop tonight) would result in me having to kill someone before I was ready.
Him achieving his win con by simply being dead from the start of the game and having you kill someone also seems bizarre and unlikely to me, and I just don't think that'd count

And his win condition doesn't say "or kill them" it says "get them killed". As in, get 'em lynched. And mechanically, I'd say he wouldn't even need to take part in the death, just take the win when they die.
The only way to measure whether he got them killed really though would be if he directly did it

As a host how would alisha decide if it was truly mac's actions that pushed the lynch or whether it was other motivations at play

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How would he do that? You visit him every night and he always gives out pills to visitors

I'm confused, I thought you said you had to visit someone

closing up shop just means he doesn't visit someone himself, visitors still get happy pills, so you'd still get one

Him achieving his win con by simply being dead from the start of the game and having you kill someone also seems bizarre and unlikely to me, and I just don't think that'd count

The only way to measure whether he got them killed really though would be if he directly did it

As a host how would alisha decide if it was truly mac's actions that pushed the lynch or whether it was other motivations at play
My visit is not compulsive. I've said that before.
I'd imagine he'd still have to be alive to win.
And it's not just my vice he's trying to trigger, there's at least Ender's and someone else I think (they might be dead though)

This conversation feels kind of pointless, if feels like we're arguing over whether a dead guy's claim is real.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My visit is not compulsive. I've said that before.
I'd imagine he'd still have to be alive to win.
And it's not just my vice he's trying to trigger, there's at least Ender's and someone else I think (they might be dead though)

This conversation feels kind of pointless, if feels like we're arguing over whether a dead guy's claim is real.
I'm not saying his role isn't real, I'm saying it feels like yours doesn't interact with him like it feels it should, so I think you're lying about something

By the way inf, since you're here, remind me what your vice is? I know it's the spouse thing but remind me how it works.
if sessy became unhappy I'd lose my ability to send items until she was happy again (and we'd also lose the chat)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not saying his role isn't real, I'm saying it feels like yours doesn't interact with him like it feels it should, so I think you're lying about something
I'm available to answer any questions you may have. I'll give you a sneak peek of what I'm working on right now to perhaps help you out twith that.
The future said:
Timdood3
-Action: Visit the happy pill dealer and receive one happy pill if they are alive, if not, visit a player of choice. Also designate a player (no visit).
-Vice: Happy Pills: Consume a pill every night.
-Vice Objective/trigger: After failing on any two nights to consume a happy pill, visit and kill the designated player.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My hope for doing this was getting an overview of the setup and try to see how the pieces fit together. But really I'm not seeing a lot of cohesion here, so whatever.
Timdood3
-Action: Visit the happy pill dealer and receive one happy pill if they are alive, if not, visit a player of choice. Also designate a player (no visit).
-Vice: Happy Pills: Consume a pill every night.
-Vice Objective/trigger: After failing on any two nights to consume a happy pill, visit and kill the designated player.

Mooglie
-Action: Choose someone to share a night chat with.
-Vice: Pet Bunny: The bunny loves its owner so much it will take a bullet for them.
-Vice Objective/trigger: No bunny = no day chat.

Infected
-Action: [Day: Name an item, if it exists in the game, replicate it. Otherwise, no effect?] [Night: Visit a player and give them the item.] [Passive: Any player who visits them receives the item also.]
-Vice: Obsessive Partner: Shares a day chat with a spouse.
-Vice Objective/trigger: If spouse is unhappy, lose all abilities.

Ender
-Action: [Day: Craft lip balm, video games or a book] [Night: Deliver an owned item to a player.]
-Vice: Happy Pills: Start the game with one happy pill.
-Consume happy pills to use crafting ability.

Notty
-Doesn't want to claim
-Knows about the existence of third parties?

TWG
-Action: Visit and give a player a shield that protects them from one lethal attack. The shield lasts only for the night.
Vice: Has not claimed.
Stranger
-Action: Choose a player, if nightkilled, publicly reveal the chosen player's role.
-Vice: Must vote for three unique players in order for the role reveal to work.

Mulbery
-Action: Visit a player and collect information about them. If nightkilled, publicly reveal the chosen player's role.
-Vice: Lip Balm makes them unblockable?

HKCaper
-Action: Visit, roleblock and protect a player.
Vice: Grim word: Can only preform actions if a lynch was performed.

I was going to include the information on dead roles but I just got too demotivated to finish up.
Dead players:
Boo
MacTarvish
Good skele
Shadow
sessy

Players who I didn't remember/find information on
Comp
Hip
Jurgen
Ltin
Poke

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Verb Count :3
Deadline Clock
Wherein thank you everyone for being so dedicated to this game, even the modkilled players have been very kind and understanding the entire time. I haven't forgotten about the two mortally challenged people either, whom are partying in the dead people's club!

Ltin - 5 (Nottykitten, Stranger from Planet 9, Infected_alien8, Comp, hipmeow) [E-2]
HKcaper - 1 (TheWeakGuy48_)[E-6]

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
will re-open if you manage to make yourself happy again by satisfying your Vice. You will use one item per night
Hang on, i said earlier about ltin's happy/unhappy being to do with happy pills, but that is clearly wrong. Inf mentioning his vice took me back to sessy's claim, and clearly someone is happy if their vice is met and unhappy if not.

What would be the point of such a role, and what alignment?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hang on, i said earlier about ltin's happy/unhappy being to do with happy pills, but that is clearly wrong. Inf mentioning his vice took me back to sessy's claim, and clearly someone is happy if their vice is met and unhappy if not.

What would be the point of such a role, and what alignment?
tbh i completely missed connecting those two things together

it's still only one role though that mentions being happy though so??

i'm so CONFUSED

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh ive decided it's unlikely alisha made a town role who could only give out video games and another town would who would lose their ability if they got a video game (i know i can technically give out video games but its not like the CORE part of my role)

unvote
exterminate comp

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
tbh ive decided it's unlikely alisha made a town role who could only give out video games and another town would who would lose their ability if they got a video game (i know i can technically give out video games but its not like the CORE part of my role)

unvote
exterminate comp
Why don't we just wait a day and see what result they claim tonight on either weak/hk?

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie
Status
Not open for further replies.