The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
There's been so many mod kills at this point I literally have no idea whats going on
To me right now, I kinda feel ender is the most scummy - although I'd absolutely vote for notty tomorrow if they don't claim because its getting a bit silly at this point

Die Ender

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
i know things have been said already, but with all the modkilling around my head is sorta a mess so here goes.

so mactarvish had a wincon:
Trigger negative Vice effects of players that have 'Happy Pills' as their vice, or get them killed.
then the four claims which have something to do with happy or what not
three of them feel like they are the players that are dependant on the happy pills as mac's flavor indicates
my vice is happy pills. i need them to perform my day action, otherwise i'm too demotivated to do anything. i used my only happy pill during the first day to craft the book i gave to boo and i haven't been able to craft anything since, and thus was unable to give out anything last night, because nobody has given me an item, so i have nothing in my inventory.
Every night, if I have a happy pill, I'll consume it. It essentially sedates me and keeps me mellow. On the second night that I don't consume a happy pill, I will unleash my darker side, and kill someone (only happens once). My night action as I've said before is an auto-targeting visit that has me visit a person that can give out happy pills, and if they don't die, I get and consume one. The kill targets whoever I designate.
Alignment: Town
You just had a part time job to make a little bit of money selling some cool video games. Now you’ve been whisked off to a place that looks like a video game. Go figure.

You have an endless supply of Video Games. Visitors will gain a Video Game.

Night Action: You may visit one person and give them a Video Game.

Vice: Happy Pills
You’ve always wanted to try out some of those rumored Happy Pills, but you’ve resisted seeking them out. Good thing too, because your workplace would probably be very unhappy if you took them.
then ltin which is sorta a detective for who has happy pills.
I unlock a night ability where I visit somebody and ascertain their emotions. If any day I fail to use three distinct emojis, my ability is lost.
F o r e v e r

Night 1 I visited Jurgen. Jurgen was not happy.
Last night i visited Mooglie. Mooglie was also not happy.
now i know everyone has asked themselves what this all means. again i dont know anymore whats been said or not so might be repeat. the obvious first bit is, there is a town role which needs video games. shadow's role giving out video games, but then being stopped if they get happy pills is a good indicator that that is the case. shadow's role also had something on first night second night, similair to how tim claimed to have first night second night effects (but in his case not eating pills).

something off about tim's claim. he says that if he decides to visit he will auto visit someone who gives out pills. to what i can tell, wouldnt that just be mactarvish? or are there more roles that can give out happy pills.
then ender, he needs pills to do an action. but what would mactarvish get out of it to give ender pills?
and ltin, why would it be useful to know who has happy pills (if that is what we assume it does).

i wonder most of all how all these roles could come into play, and what each of their alignment could be.

anyway, all very vague, but still truly they cant all be town, and seeing how shadow was, id even say two of them could be scum (if not 3). i do feel like ltin's claim is real at least, but what that makes him i dont know cus i cant see the point of his role being there. would it be useful for town or for mafia to know who has happy pills? i do vibe ender more as maf and tim possible as another 3p.

i think in the end we just gotta decide on someone and move to the next day, where we hopefully get some fresh info and no more modkills.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry, been busy with helping set up for my sister's wedding tomorrow.

The flavor of my vice says that I depend on the pills to contain my darker side. With that in mind, it does kind of frame the kill as being negative. It only being triggerable once supports it being necessary for Mac's wincon. It also appears that he was our Vide ID killer, so we're probably good at that front.

honestly you know what i dont think theres a VID killer and if there is COME AT ME LOSER but my vice is smoking. hopefully this clears up any questions and yes maybe i didnt need to say this but nothing is really happening so whatever
Have you claimed yet? How does smoking affect your role?
something off about tim's claim. he says that if he decides to visit he will auto visit someone who gives out pills. to what i can tell, wouldnt that just be mactarvish? or are there more roles that can give out happy pills.
After seeing Mac's role and rereading the phrasing of my action, it would seem that yes, the auto-visit would always be MacTarvish. I originally interpreted it as "you visit a random player, if they don't die you get a pill" but it's actually "you always visit this player you don't know the identity of unless they are dead." And a bit that I missed is that now that that player (mac) is dead, I can target my visit. I don't know what good that does me, but there we go.

I want to start making a claim table, so if anyone wants to re-claim that would be helpful.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry, been busy with helping set up for my sister's wedding tomorrow.

The flavor of my vice says that I depend on the pills to contain my darker side. With that in mind, it does kind of frame the kill as being negative. It only being triggerable once supports it being necessary for Mac's wincon. It also appears that he was our Vide ID killer, so we're probably good at that front.
but mac's win con is to trigger negative things, meaning he'd have to do something for it to happen, but you needed to either be blocked or for mac to die for your kill to even be possible by the looks of it? so mac's win con doesn't seem to be relevant to you

the only happy pill role that makes sense with mac's win con is shadow's - you'd think with mac's role that there'd be several people he'd be able to mess up with pills but the only other two people claiming anything to do with them supposedly only get messed up without them

Have you claimed yet? How does smoking affect your role?
he can't visit people three nights in a row, he needs to take a break to smoke, or something

I want to start making a claim table, so if anyone wants to re-claim that would be helpful.
this might help

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yours does and is the only one that does tbh

literally what use is your role other than to stop mac, who could only stop shadow from giving out video games which do ???
(this is assuming we're just working with the info we have i mean, im sure its possible your role does have use and its just that some scum has lied about their role relevant to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.