[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's been a decent amount of discussion over the past few pages. I don't really think you walk away from that having no takes outside of memes.
If you're expecting people to have strong opinions d0 that sounds like a you problem.

I suppose memes in these mafia games are mostly a bad idea
No, memes good. Sir Mars Bar just likes to play fun police.

stranger and boo followed my suspicions for votes without as much reasoning except 'oog is weird', so maybe they tried to hide behind me there

skele reads off to me but i haven't really seen him in a forum game yet, his stuff on LCN is generally challenging to read his intentions though - stranger/inf/boo/hk would you agree? (people who have played with him + yes i know i asked two people i sorta suspect but those are all the people that played with him)
When did I say Oog was suspicious?
I wouldn't say Skele feels off to me right now, but he is also pretty hard for me to read.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we keep up the fun police angle I just won't play, it's not entertaining to be the bad guy for doing what the game calls for.

There's a difference between strong opinions and having any kind of opinion. Having zero thoughts outside of memeing and passing observations is a scum way of filling space = illusion of participation.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
two things about this - first, why wouldn't I try to look like being myself ?
second, defensiveness isn't always something that means the person is scum
And right now I'm not being 'defensive', but just pointing out.
i didnt know what to think of it, surely that could just be you, im not saying its either good or bad

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
By the way it's so hard to read most people here tsk, at least there are people who I've played with for a while so I can say that Boooo is a slightly townread for me
Also I didn't like Mars' questions about my memes ;(
I want meaty content out of you, something to chew on. D0 is memey until something more serious happens/someone takes an accusation seriously/etc., which has happened. Which means I'd like some thoughts, not definite reads.

Walk me through a Boo townread. Don't know why this is your only take.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How do you know?
im psychic ;)

elaborate on this please
(i was joking)

You've spent 2-3 pages basically going over semantics. Is that the only basis for an Oog push or are you backing down?

Explain this, it just seems like a general confusion over a word choice. This looks like standard Oog play FMPOV.

And here be bait I'm guessing.
There's been a decent amount of discussion over the past few pages. I don't really think you walk away from that having no takes outside of memes.
yeah this is scum

vote mars

these posts are grossly scummy

vibes and also how he's like super digging in and being extra critical so early on over irrelevant-to-alignment stuff (imo at least) - like randomly saying 'rvs votes are vapid' which was quite a directionless/irrelevant thing to say in the context that it was said imo

then telling alisha she's been spending ages just going over semantics and implying shes pushing on oog (when she isnt imo shes just talking about how she feels and not pushing on anyone yet but i guess i could see someone thinking alisha is pushing depending on how they view the word pushing) for a silly reason - she wasn't even just talking about semantics imo, she thought oog's post was saying he had a feeling about alisha but it wasnt just about alisha so then alisha was like 'that doesnt make sense if its consistently from me then it is about me so this feels like a nonsense argument + also saying aura instead of vibes is weird and feels like hes not being his natural self' (thats how i understood her points at least) so mars comment here feels a bit gaslighty/undermining what actually happened since idk how hed genuinely misinterpret all of that as semantics when he reads the game so carefully

and then calling out hk so early with so little that happened feels too unreasonable - i know mars tried to get people to stay focused last game but this is more extreme, mars himself has barely posted any thoughts, i havent even seen a read from him yet, his 'takes' are just weird criticisms of things that dont take him to any alignment-based opinions so far, so to call out hk for not having given thoughts when he himself should be feeling like he hasnt got much thoughts seems like it isnt coming from genuine place/townie concern but moreso mafia trying their hardest to seem like they care and trying to be productive but it isnt quite synchronised properly to how hed usually behave so its becoming a bit unreasonable - and the being critical over irrelevant thing rings to me like trying to replicate his town behaviour of being critical but trying too hard to make it happen so squeezing out criticisms on comments when usually town mars would let those comments go

That's D0, this is a hollow observation. Looks more like it's just filing space.
this is taking peoples contributions so early on far too seriously, i dont think town mars would take issue with skele saying that, its early on, random hollow observations are normal

(woops im tunnelling)

skele reads off to me but i haven't really seen him in a forum game yet, his stuff on LCN is generally challenging to read his intentions though - stranger/inf/boo/hk would you agree? (people who have played with him + yes i know i asked two people i sorta suspect but those are all the people that played with him)
skele's veeerrrry slightly suspicious to me, just vibes, but nothing id want to pursue yet, its very subtle and i dont think hes acting *that* different, just subtly off but feels like it could easily just be fluff

Its been a while but i couldnt rlly get a proper read on skele on lcn. I feel skele is being a bit defensive (trying to look good (skele)), but not sure what to think of it just yet.
where did you think it felt like he was being a bit defensive?

By the way it's so hard to read most people here tsk, at least there are people who I've played with for a while so I can say that Boooo is a slightly townread for me
this feels disingenuous to me

i dont think you'd be like 'wow these people are hard to read compared to my usual games' since usually you dont have reads for ages

and saying you think boo is slight town so early, for you who usually is cautious with your reads (at least from what i remember) feels faked as well
There's a difference between strong opinions and having any kind of opinion. Having zero thoughts outside of memeing and passing observations is a scum way of filling space = illusion of participation.
thing is, you yourself barely had any thoughts that seemed relevant to alignment, so i struggle to believe you saw others not having anything to say and thought 'that shouldnt be happening' rather than 'well i can see why they wouldnt, i myself havent spotted anything yet really'

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Are you threatening to night kill me? ?
yes
i could also see oog as scum but dont agree with anyone elses reasoning on him, for me its just his AURA is slightly off somehow
filthy lies your only reason for scumreading me is because everyone else you scumread have magically jumped to my defense its not my fault that people love me!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also i minorly VIBE notty as bad because their AURA feels off but this is 99% because theyre posting a lot more random stuff to get to #1 on the leaderboard thing

also Infected_alien8_ what did you mean by the teams have relevance

also i feel like i need to warn you the following paragraph is 1 sentence with 0 commas so if you cant read it remember that i warned you:

also i finally think i understand alishas thinking from a post i read by inf about like auras being specific to people (tbh i now remember alisha saying this exact same thing admittedly it was late last night and i was watching crazy ex girlfriend in the background which i was more interested in!) but i would say for me people can 100% emit the same aura (and so the same aura is present in multiple games too) but each aura correlates to like different levels of scumreading/different reasons for scumreading/other stuff that my mind is subconsciously trying to tell me and its the exact same feel as alisha from comedy club which means theyre probably town (tbh the aura has disappeared for me now maybe it disappeared when i started townreading you in comedy club too since i feel like we had a very similar situation where we were going at eachother then both ended up townreading eachother (well you said neutral read this game))

also also also also also also

Reactions: Boooo

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Where was Skel being defensive? It's been filler means since game kickoff. Then there's the regression to fencesitting in the second setence. Not a good look.
i didnt fully like the word defensive, but it does reflect most what i felt. In regard to the memes/jokes skele seemed to sort of look for validation on if it was okay or not, like skele didnt want to drive over anyones toes. In my eyes that felt as a bit defensive, or rather extra careful to make sure what they are doing is okay or not. Then again, as skele replied, that might just be their personality or whatever, i just wanted to point it out.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
here is a helpful diagram for how i view vibe vs aura
Are you implying that we should all be able to perceive (who are we talking about again?)'s aura? Because that's how I'm interpreting the difference you're trying to make here.
the teams do mean something btw ltin is lying
This sounds role related; I would like to know more.
(i was joking)
I can't tell if you're actually joking or retracting a softclaim >->

So far I only have a couple of reads:
I townread inf, but tbh that's pretty normal for me and doesn't mean an incredible amount.
Slight townread on Skele for the thing he said about being defensive, mostly because I identify with it.

I don't have any particular scum reads yet, but there are a couple of people I'd be ok voting and they are Mars and Oog.
Oog because the whole vibe vs aura thing doesn't sit right with me and the image he made, while perfectly within the bounds of what I would expect from him, feels like he's doubling down trying to defend a weird thing he said rather than just leave it and wait for people to forget about it.

And Mars because Inf's recent post made a lot of sense. But again, I'm not putting too much weight into that because it's very hard for me to not townread inf especially at the start of the game.

• Agree

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
also i minorly VIBE notty as bad because their AURA feels off but this is 99% because theyre posting a lot more random stuff to get to #1 on the leaderboard thing

also Infected_alien8_ what did you mean by the teams have relevance

also i feel like i need to warn you the following paragraph is 1 sentence with 0 commas so if you cant read it remember that i warned you:

also i finally think i understand alishas thinking from a post i read by inf about like auras being specific to people (tbh i now remember alisha saying this exact same thing admittedly it was late last night and i was watching crazy ex girlfriend in the background which i was more interested in!) but i would say for me people can 100% emit the same aura (and so the same aura is present in multiple games too) but each aura correlates to like different levels of scumreading/different reasons for scumreading/other stuff that my mind is subconsciously trying to tell me and its the exact same feel as alisha from comedy club which means theyre probably town (tbh the aura has disappeared for me now maybe it disappeared when i started townreading you in comedy club too since i feel like we had a very similar situation where we were going at eachother then both ended up townreading eachother (well you said neutral read this game))

also also also also also also
Tl;dr: aura is your perception of people between games?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Are you implying that we should all be able to perceive (who are we talking about again?)'s aura? Because that's how I'm interpreting the difference you're trying to make here.
no its like a vibe is a thought but an aura is like a THING
like i can have a vibe but someone else has an aura and theyre more like idk there!
Oog because the whole vibe vs aura thing doesn't sit right with me and the image he made, while perfectly within the bounds of what I would expect from him, feels like he's doubling down trying to defend a weird thing he said rather than just leave it and wait for people to forget about it.
surely this would mean im town
'but wifom!!' shut up whoevers gonna say this

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Oog because the whole vibe vs aura thing doesn't sit right with me and the image he made
id like to *honk* in, oog's vibe vs aura makes perfect sense to me, in fact there is even more ways to get 'reads'.

vibe is something like in your mind you got a psychic <o> read that someone is this or that, while aura is rather a cloud surrounding a player that can seem a certain way. i think oog's drawing makes sense. I'd like to throw primal instinct read into the mix. its like an intense burst of energy and usually involves a sudden feeling of danger coming over you, warning you of a certain player (okay this might sounds crazy, but i am starting to get addicted to papaya juice so who knows).

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Oog, would you say that someone having an aura would cause you to have a vibe?
ya but i also think you can have a vibe without sensing an aura
id like to *honk* in, oog's vibe vs aura makes perfect sense to me, in fact there is even more ways to get 'reads'.

vibe is something like in your mind you got a psychic <o> read that someone is this or that, while aura is rather a cloud surrounding a player that can seem a certain way. i think oog's drawing makes sense. I'd like to throw primal instinct read into the mix. its like an intense burst of energy and usually involves a sudden feeling of danger coming over you, warning you of a certain player (okay this might sounds crazy, but i am starting to get addicted to papaya juice so who knows).
thank you you are a genius welcome to the club