[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
One final thing: I don't understand how you all can be so confident that voting someone on stage doesn't equate to a lynch. How else are we to make our lynch-kills, eh? It just seems foolish to vote someone "Just to find out" and even more foolish to volunteer. Since it's moog, I'd definitely expect Notty to take any early-game chance to vote him....And Omni I guess is meme-y enough to vote anyone for anything on day zero....If anybody else votes mooglie they're getting my vote immediately.
It's a leap of faith! Jump with me

• Agree
Reactions: Omni

Omni

Reaction score
maybe timdood is afraid of mooglies flawless ability to make people laugh with his extraordinary jokes

u laugh u lose condition clearly, scum??

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Just some of my thoughts so far :p

I don’t know if this has been mentioned (I kinda skim read some stuff because most of these messages were sent at like 2am for me) but maybe voting into stage reveals a certain power of someone’s role? Or maybe even their role to the mafia? (I’m pretty sure it was mentioned but I skimmed over). Maybe revealing a characteristic of a role could lead to others trying to piece together roles which is where the pamphlet may come in, it could have information on the roles maybe? Maybe voting onto stage doesn’t result in a lynch and it is down to mafia to kill people off and pray that it wasn’t one of their own (I don’t know if mafia have found out who their ‘team’ is). I don’t know how that mechanic would work because it would render town kinda defenceless but y’know just some of my thoughts so far. As for the cue card, I honestly don’t know where that could come in...

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
One final thing: I don't understand how you all can be so confident that voting someone on stage doesn't equate to a lynch. How else are we to make our lynch-kills, eh? It just seems foolish to vote someone "Just to find out" and even more foolish to volunteer.
Fools are comedians! A day 0 fool win would be pretty funny though

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It should also be noted, it is not compulsory to fill out your cue cards. My working theory on them is that they're more of a last will sort of deal. Of course, it's likely that I'm completely wrong on that given that we have no idea how the intermission works.
I would fill out that card if I were you, testing the Monokuma voice's patience sounds like a bad idea

One final thing: I don't understand how you all can be so confident that voting someone on stage doesn't equate to a lynch. How else are we to make our lynch-kills, eh? It just seems foolish to vote someone "Just to find out" and even more foolish to volunteer. Since it's moog, I'd definitely expect Notty to take any early-game chance to vote him....And Omni I guess is meme-y enough to vote anyone for anything on day zero....If anybody else votes mooglie they're getting my vote immediately.
Well since Moog voted himself it sorta warps that threat you put out there

the best mafia player to every grace this community
As in literally the best Mafia player in the community

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

Inffy
(?) - webpaige (1/7)
Timdood3 - Alisha (1/7)
Mooglie - Mooglie, Nottykitten, Omni (3/7)
HKCaper - Timdood3 (1/7)
Omni - hipmeow (1/7)
Refuse - (0/6)

All role PMs have now been confirmed to be received.

--

The sound from before, like a speaker, pierced the air. You don't know for sure if it was a speaker which is why you describe it as 'like a speaker' because you're reasonable of course.

"Ahem... it appears you've all settled in a little. Good. That's good. And nobody's fainted like before, so that's good too. Well done.

So, now that you've had time to digest the new situation you're in, I have something else to tell you. Try not to let it freak you out. An unconscious performer isn't any good to anyone.

You see the lights among the walls in the room you're in? You see the metal doors? Notice how there is a sort of slit at the top of them, as if they can slide up and down? Yes. Hm.

You see, this whole building is powered on solar energy. But the system is old. Worn down. It cannot use energy for very long at all. And so, when the sun goes down, and night falls, the building loses power, and things change.

The lights will go off. Total darkness. The doorways will seal shut. Wherever you are in the building, you will be trapped there, in the dark, until morning when the building powers back up.

I'm going to need a visual aid."

You hear what sounds like metal clunking together, and then a 'bzzzt' as a monitor descends above the raised platform at the back of the room, lowered down by a metal bar that goes up into the ceiling.

The monitor displays this:

"What you are currently observing is the layout for the Comedy Club. As you can see, there are eleven rooms in the building. You are in the Lobby. For now, during the day, you are sealed in. I choose to do that. I can't have you running around getting lost when you need to be choosing somebody to send on stage. But after the performance is over, I will open the doors and you will be free to roam the club for a short time, and choose a place to spend the night. There are no luxurious bedrooms for you here, so you'll just have to make do. The choice is yours to make, and you will make it on your own. You can share where you plan to go with the others if you wish, of course.

However, as the more astute of you have probably noticed, a few of those rooms have been blacked out. There may be more like that later on, after the performance. Those are out of bounds during the night. Completely. There is no entering them. At least, for now. And for the vast majority of you.

Now... I'm not quite sure how much to divulge here, so early on. Hm.

Let me just say this. And it's going to sound a little startling. And it should. Because, as we speak, some of you in that room... pose a very real threat to the rest of you. Some of you cannot be trusted.

I won't go into the details just yet. But it always happens. A few of you will have... changed upon entering the club. You won't quite be in your right mind. You will have a thirst for murder. And that's okay. Because you will serve as the perfect motivator.

Now please, let me make clear that my intentions are only to keep as many of you alive as possible. I need you to perform, after all. It just so happens that, the ways things are here, creates quite the convenience. Allow me to explain.

Some of you may be reluctant to vote for somebody to go on stage and perform. I understand. I've seen it time and time again. Fear of the unknown. It's reasonable. I can't force any of you out there, you must make the choice yourselves, which could, ordinarily, pose quite the issue for me, and for them. But you now also have a reason to send somebody out there.

Once you perform on that stage, you won't be seen again. That is that. It's just the way it is.

And so, being that there are people in the same room as you, right now, people who can see you at this very moment in time, who pose an imminent, serious threat to your survival... ah. You see, don't you? You always see. That's what makes this so easy.

So, if you had doubts, allow them to melt away now. Some of you in that room are going to try to kill the rest of you. Feel free to doubt me. You'll learn the truth in time. And a sure-fire way of... removing them, before they can do the same to you, is, well... the stage.

Now, one final point before I leave you for a while. I have a bit of advice for you all. It doesn't actually come from me. It comes from every batch - well, almost all of them - which preceded you. They all figured it out one way or another, even if it was too late. And I'm telling you now. Sticking in pairs during the night is a good idea. That is, two of you per one room. Don't ask me why. I don't completely understand it myself. But it never takes anybody in a pair. The darkness. It never has.

If I say much more you won't believe me so there's little point to it. All it's done in the past is distract from the important matter at hand. But you'll understand soon enough. Take my advice or leave it, your choice. But if you have any intention of staying alive for even just a little longer, I'd recommend partnering up. Preferably with somebody you trust.

Oh, and your pamphlet. Do take a look at that during night. There are a couple dozen or so pages in there. When night comes, choose a page and use it for some light reading. It might help. Feel free to discuss among the people in your room what you've found. You won't keep anybody awake. Nobody else will be able to hear you through those doors.

Anyway, enough talk from me. You have work to do. First and foremost, send somebody out on that stage. And, figure out how you're going to spend the night. You'll need to be quick getting to where you want to be after the performance. There will be no time to discuss before night."

The noise from before, like a microphone being switched off, leaves the room in silence. You look around at the others.

Suddenly, the monitor flickers, and a timer appears. It switches between the timer and the map every five seconds or so.

[Deadline is 7pm BST on the 28th.]

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
This floor plan is interestingly compact, except for one glaring lump.

Look at the Lighting Box and the Bathroom square. See how that hallway awkwardly curves around a bunch of empty space? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret passage between those two rooms.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This floor plan is interestingly compact, except for one glaring lump.

Look at the Lighting Box and the Bathroom square. See how that hallway awkwardly curves around a bunch of empty space? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret passage between those two rooms.
don't worry that's just where inf keeps me chained under his bed :(