Republic - Completed

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
we decide which 5 PRs are most useless (ret/veng/bulletproof/??/??) and then people claim if they are 1 of them (literally the exact same as the 3 people plan)
all citizens claim (5 real ones + however many fake mafia/revo claims)
remaining 8 useful PRs remain unclaimed as to keep their identity secret (maf wont know who is doc/assassin/whoever so they cant kill them off immediately)
mafia/revo are forced at this point to either claim citizen now or be forced into a counterclaim later on in the game
Stick with the three PRs to start? Less claims = Much easier to work through.

Add in two extra PRs and having to sort the fake claims will slow things down too much. Good to start with a solid council we can trust and we only need three in there to carry the vote.

Reactions: Hunter

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Stick with the three PRs to start? Less claims = Much easier to work through.

Add in two extra PRs and having to sort the fake claims will slow things down too much. Good to start with a solid council we can trust and we only need three in there to carry the vote.
three PRs for democracy is fine, but for autocracy then if theres a dissenter amongst the five representatives they can just tell their team who the dictator is since they all get to speak to eachother in an evening chat & if the dissenters kill the dictator then town is stuck in a no-lynch for the next day iirc, so having a fully town council prevents this

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Here's my original questioning of notty for those who dont want to search btw. Please actually compare what I'm asking to what she said and tell me she is giving me "solid logic" rather than insulting me and dancing around the questions.
If your question is 'you could be Mafia' then yes there is a 7/26 chance I rolled Mafia. If thats not your question mind rephrasing it since I don't see what you want from me with that quote.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
If your question is 'you could be Mafia' then yes there is a 7/26 chance I rolled Mafia. If thats not your question mind rephrasing it since I don't see what you want from me with that quote.
what if you're LE REVOLUTIONAIRE and THATS why you're pushing for autocracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
three PRs for democracy is fine, but for autocracy then if theres a dissenter amongst the five representatives they can just tell their team who the dictator is since they all get to speak to eachother in an evening chat & if the dissenters kill the dictator then town is stuck in a no-lynch for the next day iirc, so having a fully town council prevents this
Any Dictator would never live too long if they weren't known to the dissidents anyway, it seems a death sentence. Can't have a fully town council as they have to execute a representative each day (unless I'm misunderstanding?). I didn't like the idea at first, but democracy seems a good way to sack off dissidents, provided we can keep the majority vote.

Three is really all we need to start with.

• Sad

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
role text doesn't seem to imply that the antidote can be received preemptively but i dunno if poison can be immediately negated on the night it's given. Prizyms?
Receiving an antidote triggers the antidote flag on your player. Being poisoned with the antidote flag removes the flag in place of poisoning you.

Mechanical consistency implies that poison and antidote applied on the same night will cancel each other out, with appropriate system messages for the target.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jivvi

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
The statistics would be similarly small if we literally lynched at random starting now.

If you're suggesting we rely on a 0.08% chance because it's marginally higher than a ~0.0008% chance, that's laughable. The point is both chances are miniscule and we should use reads, not luck, to play the game.
I feel like you're misinterpreting your own numbers. Your 0.08% chance was you calculating the likelyhood every single kill we make out of the pool of 13 citizens will be anti-town. Ofcourse the chance we get a Mafia every single time is neigh impossible. But if you want to argue with those numbers I can try that too with your situation of a pool of 26. I'm removing 2 people every night from the total for nightkills and 1 every day for an anti-town lynch. Chance of lynching an anti-town every single day with a pool of 26 suspects: 8/24 * 7/21 * 6/18 * 5/15 * 4/12 * 3/9* 2/6 * 1/3 = 0.00015241579%. By perspective my plan is 52488% more effective than yours if we're planning on getting an anti-town every single day. I've already pointed out how we lose if we make even 1 mislynch so in reality we would have to get an anti-town every single day meaning that 0.00015241579% chance is our chance of winning if we don't do something about our 1 lynch vs their 2-3 kills. I know you've already said you wanted to turn to dictatorship too but remember, as long as the dictator/assassin don't kill people we're still stuck with our 1 mere lynch while the Mafia twindle our numbers down significantly beyond repair. And without some form of massclaim the dictator and assassin would be shooting blind.

That said this is not really the statistic we should look at because we're never going go get a Mafia every single day and it also doesn't factor in reads/town PR results. Our PR's are utterly useless though, only the tracker is a good PR and the subversive under autocracy. Remember that the watcher can't even find out Mafia kills because '[BCOLOR=transparent]This night action will fail if the watched player dies.[/BCOLOR]'.

I have another post planned trying to explain my logic of how we have 0 mislynches better and adding more scenarios but I'm still working on it + I wanted it to be seperate from this post.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Any Dictator would never live too long if they weren't known to the dissidents anyway, it seems a death sentence. Can't have a fully town council as they have to execute a representative each day (unless I'm misunderstanding?). I didn't like the idea at first, but democracy seems a good way to sack off dissidents, provided we can keep the majority vote.

Three is really all we need to start with.
under autocracy people can lynch anyone, whereas under democracy you have to lynch amongst the 5 representatives (which is why under democracy it would be 3 confirmed town + 2 people suspicious peeps)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's not even nonsensical :( you just don't SEE IT
i mean i typically see things that make sense tyvm

the plan from last time was apparently made by the mafia? does that mean we should avoid that plan so whatever they planned to do doesn't happen?
not necessarily

but uh, anyways

massclaiming is bad
every argument you brought forward is not exclusive to massclaiming and is not necessarily a bad thing either

also, what if the dissenters just

deliberately had their poisoner poison their fellow ally

and bank on people thinking that that person couldn't possibly be a dissenter since they were harmed by said people
that is a possibility, yes

ultimately, everything that happens gives us more to work with when scumhunting, so in that sense, playing it safe is actually detrimental to the town because it diminishes the amount of info we can use

chaos isn't necessarily bad, it only needs able people to take advantage of it

May as well get this out of the way:
If you're one of Bulletproof, Reticent, or Vengeful, post Aye
Else, post Nay
nay

fali for vibes + her 'be cautious about trusting me' seems way too fabricated and I don't buy that she genuinely is some honest careful town who doesn't want people to be too trusting of her because town want to be trusted because it means the lynch isn't going in a bad direction, whereas mafia could want to seem like they're some sweet innocent cautionary townie but I just don't buy it, vibes
i mean

how well do you know fali? i'm not saying she is def town, but i am saying that she's fairly incapable of being anything other than honest, sweet, innocent and cautious, as far as i know her, at least

I relatively trust notty since her playstyle matches with the town playstyle I have of her in my head and her ideas and things she's pointed out is extremely pro-town and contradictory to her behaviour last game, and also a general indicator of whether or not notty is town or not to me is usually by checking my alert feed since whenever she's town I get a bunch of Agrees (since we tend to be on the same wavelength I guess!) but when she's Mafia I get a lot of Funnies and I've got about 200 Agrees so far!
what a wonderful sensible reasoning for your townread on notty

I mean I don't really understand how you feel that way since I've taken time to address all of your concerns as far as I can tell and it all makes sense but if my explanations aren't working for you then maybe I should change the way I'm explaining things. I never intend on bulldozing through anyone's points at all, so I'm sorry if you think that's what you'd be dealing with in talking to me, though I'll admit I'm slightly confused as to where you reached that conclusion because I've addressed every argument made with a logical reason as to why I think they're incorrect rather than bulldozing through without addressing concerns.
i think we've established that logical doesn't quite mean the same to you as it does to others

Does anyone else find it suspicious when most or all of a player's posts pertain to game mechanics as opposed to more focused scumhunting?
indeed

personally i just dislike this talk of mechanics because it takes focus away from scumhunting, which is something we need to do in this setup, regardless of what strategy we're going to use, but notty and inf always seem to steer the discussion there

that doesn't mean that they're necessarily scum, it just means they're looking for a way to win the game in a different place than i am, but i do think that thinking about the game through the specific mechanics of it is a mindset that's more native to scum

So rather than addressing my point you're shifting to "well most people don't want to!'
dude what you quoted is addressing the idea

his point is valid, massclaims are a valid strat for town only when a majority goes along with them

if there are several townies who would rather not reveal their role just yet, the entire strat is shot

Both myself and Notty responded to Ender, to which Ender said he wasn't against massclaiming and just wanted to make sure we questioned it rather than blindly accepting it.
this isn't validation of your plan, nor was i accepting the plan

i added the note to the bottom because i wanted to be clear that i was fairly neutral on the plan and open to the general idea of massclaiming, not necessarily with that specific plan

this will feel redunant, and it mostly is, but for the sake of simplicity, can Nottykitten and Infected_alien8_ post their arguments for a massclaim in one post in a cohesive manner, and can Hunter and Aqua do the same for their side of the debate?

it might surprise you, but it's actually easier to understand this back and forth between you if you don't stretch your points all over ten pages

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
personally i just dislike this talk of mechanics because it takes focus away from scumhunting, which is something we need to do in this setup, regardless of what strategy we're going to use, but notty and inf always seem to steer the discussion there
I disagree entirely, my entire argument is that scumhunting won't matter if we don't have a good plan because the anti-town kills are too overwhelming.

this will feel redunant, and it mostly is, but for the sake of simplicity, can Nottykitten and Infected_alien8_ post their arguments for a massclaim in one post in a cohesive manner, and can Hunter and Aqua do the same for their side of the debate?
Doing it right now, but keep in mind it's not an argument for a massclaim, it's an argument agains't democracy and relying on one lynch per day. It's an argument meant to show that without action we will lose. It'll probs be another hour before it's ready.

• Agree

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
under autocracy people can lynch anyone, whereas under democracy you have to lynch amongst the 5 representatives (which is why under democracy it would be 3 confirmed town + 2 people suspicious peeps)
Plus democracy + subpoena means at best three dissidents out of the loop and using their night actions. Win, win, win!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How is that going to work if one of the Mafia falsely claim a role? If no-one contests all three claims we're good. Otherwise H/FL could be claiming a false role, and the two real roles who haven't claimed will just assume they're safe.

If it plays out we have three people we can trust and vote in and as you said yourself maf won't target them as they don't want to get fucked over.
that's the whole point. we don't want the people we want mafia to target all claiming together so that mafia can safely avoid them

--

Can we just do oog's thing.
no.

--

Any Dictator would never live too long if they weren't known to the dissidents anyway, it seems a death sentence.
as i mentioned, having a dictator locks up either the doctor and possibly the bus driver, since the revolutionary only needs 2 dictator kills. imo it's more of a risk for everyone else cause the kills will then be elsewhere.
Can't have a fully town council as they have to execute a representative each day
this too; electing 5 uncontested townie claims is beyond stupid

--

I disagree entirely, my entire argument is that scumhunting won't matter if we don't have a good plan because the anti-town kills are too overwhelming.
i didn't like how you set them out the first time

[xtable=33x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=center|10x@}Dem/Aut{/td}
{td=center}Kills{/td}
{td=center|10x@}Saves{/td}
{td=center|10x@}Poisons{/td}
{td=center|10x@}Cures{/td}
{td=center|10x@}Blocks{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=10x14}Town{/td}
{td=center|@x14}1/1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}1/0{/td}
{td=center|10x14}1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}1/1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=10x14}Mafia{/td}
{td=center|@x14}1-2{/td}
{td=center|10x14}0{/td}
{td=center|10x14}0-1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}0-1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=10x14}3P{/td}
{td=center|@x14}1{/td}
{td=center|10x14}-{/td}
{td=center|10x14}-{/td}
{td=center|10x14}-{/td}
{td=center|10x14}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

it's really not that bad

notes:
- town's democracy kill is the vengeful, which is restricted to the representatives
- i counted granny as a kill because of the bus driver, but it honestly seems like it's kind of conditional and they won't manage to pull it off every night
- mafia poison/cure is 0-1 as avarita cannot poison and cure on the same night, meaning that while risky, the assassin can keep them on their back foot

--

As long as I won't be put into a Council with Aqua I'm fine with anything you guys do
have u considered saying something constructive though

• Confusing

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Uh... Nottykitten
I, uh, I really don’t want to say this but
I’m not good at understanding explanations through calculations and percentages. I’m bad at math.
that's fine because all the talk about maths is ludicrously stupid since it's mafia and we're not lynching using random.org

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
that's fine because all the talk about maths is ludicrously stupid since it's mafia and we're not lynching using random.org
Thats something I was thinking about earlier.

While it’s obviously best to have the highest chance to lynch Mafia, we also need to concider that we make lunches based on scum hunting.

Mafia will know who our PRs are if we do the mass claim thing, if we don’t do the mass claim thing, they won’t, and they can’t rally PR hunt the same way we can scum hunt.

While I’m not strongly for one or the other, I find it a bit curious that the team mass claim don’t seem to take into consideration how we cohoes mafia targets, and how some of them don’t seem to care that our PRs are lynched off.

While we will have a lower target pool, the mafia will also have a better target pool. They won’t be lynching or vanilla townjes if we claim.

Side note: This plan, while they are our least useful role, will doom a lot of our villagers. I would assume that the team mass claim is not a villager.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_
You use vibes a lot.
Last time you vibes me as maf for god knows what reason, and got me elected into the council through bandawagon, for me to be killed off.
Aqua, while more understandably chosen, was also a villager.
While it somehow worked out as me getting dictator(?!?), I would like to remind you that your vibes are sometimes, completely wrong.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
small amendment: while a greater probability of randomly lynching a scum also means a greater probability of lynching a scum in general, then the addition of a scumhunting element to the equation makes the final probability essentially unpredictable

• Agree
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jivvi and Hunter

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Monitor

Welcome to Republic. You are the Monitor.

• Each night, you may monitor one player by adding them to a surveillance network.

• The targeted player is alerted to their monitoring.
  • Upon death, the factional makeup of all players in your surveillance network is published.

• The names of these players are not published.

While we are mostly talking about claiming PR or non PR, just to confirm, this role will be pretty useless once Mafia are aware of who they are, right?