Republic - Completed

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I trust you enough as a person to have you in the council, and have faith that between you me aqua and ender, at least three are town.

Ender's pretty smart, aqua seems to be of a similar mindset, and tbh I view you as a potential voice of reason in this madness, as I respect you as the type to weigh things carefully before putting in a word.

Inf I believe to be dissenter or rev, and same with notty, but since we don't currently have three clears, there's no reason to put both on the council.

If the situation doesn't change by the end of voting, I'd like inf executed tomorrow with notty being slated for the same the day after. Council can decide on an investigation, or failing that, elect a dictator.
So you're completely abandoning the whole notion of electing proven uncc townies to be the three town and instead electing people who you have no idea of their alignment and who agree with you on a completely flawed argument which you still have yet to provide a convincing argument for

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So you're completely abandoning the whole notion of electing proven uncc townies to be the three town and instead electing people who you have no idea of their alignment and who agree with you on a completely flawed argument which you still have yet to provide a convincing argument for
Literally you and I are the only people who've complied with the three clears plan

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Literally you and I are the only people who've complied with the three clears plan
Pretty sure that's only because people haven't decided fully on what exactly the game plan is, nobody's shown any active resistance against the idea of doing it, I'm assuming they're just a bit lost as to if they should be doing it or not, and that a lot of people haven't even spoken yet

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We only really need min 3/5 council to be town regardless of whether we're going for democracy or dictator, anyway, as the dictator is chosen from within the reps.

My "vibes" (reads) are equally as valid as Infected_alien8_ 's and I'll vote with them in mind.
Yes but we need the dictator to be confirmed town and it'd be ideal if we had other confirmed town in there so that we made sure that person was in fact elected + so the mafia don't know who the dictator is until the next night

Faliara

Reaction score
I trust you enough as a person to have you in the council, and have faith that between you me aqua and ender, at least three are town.

Ender's pretty smart, aqua seems to be of a similar mindset, and tbh I view you as a potential voice of reason in this madness, as I respect you as the type to weigh things carefully before putting in a word.
Aw, thanks c:

... I haven't posted that much in the thread so far, though. Half of the posts I made so far were just random incoherent babbles of a person who just woke up after having drunken caffeine before going to sleep, on top of having just finished their exams- and even if you trust me as a person, roles in mafia games tend to be randomized, right? So even if you think kindly of me (and I'm happy you think so) what you think of me and other players as people shouldn't affect your judgement of what we're going to work towards in the game, because anyone could have been assigned the role of mafia and anyone could have been assigned the role of town.

I'm not mafia (though even mafia members would say this so this is probably redundant), and I'm glad I have your trust, but giving it to me on what little I have spoken so far is probably not wise, so keep that in mind.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aw, thanks c:

... I haven't posted that much in the thread so far, though. Half of the posts I made so far were just random incoherent babbles of a person who just woke up after having drunken caffeine before going to sleep, on top of having just finished their exams- and even if you trust me as a person, roles in mafia games tend to be randomized, right? So even if you think kindly of me (and I'm happy you think so) what you think of me and other players as people shouldn't affect your judgement of what we're going to work towards in the game, because anyone could have been assigned the role of mafia and anyone could have been assigned the role of town.

I'm not mafia (though even mafia members would say this so this is probably redundant), and I'm glad I have your trust, but giving it to me on what little I have spoken so far is probably not wise, so keep that in mind.
Last person was either you or notty and you seem townish from what few posts you have; there's a possibility you're maf so I intended to add you as a sort of wildcard

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aw, thanks c:

tbh I vibe you anti-town <3

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: HKCaper and Jivvi

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
May as well get this out of the way:
If you're one of Bulletproof, Reticent, or Vengeful, post Aye
Else, post Nay

I'll start with my Aye.

I propose we elect me and four others, doesn't particularly matter who, as if the evening doesn't end in an investigation or me as dictator, we know maf/reticent comprise three of the council, barring idiocy. If dictator isn't me, we have three antitown right there.

If at least one town council member survives dissolution, who voted for who can be outed and we'll have min three suspects for nonconformist. Unless one dies, we'll have a clear for all three councils.

If there's a dictator elected, doc should protect me as maf shouldn't be inclined to fuck with us as they lose if three dictators die, and I'm not a useful pr. They might use the swap granny strategy though, which could catch the rev, so wifom save at will.

Honestly if maf does the granny swap thing and rev takes the bait, it'd benefit us all.

If there are any flaws in this plan, feel free to speak up.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
sploorky for vibes compared to last game (though he was 3p last game so this isn't a great point i guess) + wanting to waste time by faffing about with a democracy and 'waiting to see if it struggles' or whatever he said, which it obviously will

fali for vibes + her 'be cautious about trusting me' seems way too fabricated and I don't buy that she genuinely is some honest careful town who doesn't want people to be too trusting of her because town want to be trusted because it means the lynch isn't going in a bad direction, whereas mafia could want to seem like they're some sweet innocent cautionary townie but I just don't buy it, vibes

I would be suspicious of hunter for his tunnel-visioning of notty's plan being bad even though it isn't + he's still not actually provided a decent argument or addressed the many counter arguments, but he's claimed to be one of the three and I kind of doubt mafia would do that and also it's hunter and he's usually like this regardless of allignment, but I'm not trusting him completely until I get a hardclaim

I find Aqua frustrating but I kinda very sliightly town-read him but not enough to trust him, just his weird attacks on notty earlier trying to brush her being mafia under the carpet seemed kind of typical for a townie aqua to do since I feel like he tends to interpret people's posts in the most incriminating and schemeing ways possible as town out of paranoia, but he could have just faked it obviously

I relatively trust notty since her playstyle matches with the town playstyle I have of her in my head and her ideas and things she's pointed out is extremely pro-town and contradictory to her behaviour last game, and also a general indicator of whether or not notty is town or not to me is usually by checking my alert feed since whenever she's town I get a bunch of Agrees (since we tend to be on the same wavelength I guess!) but when she's Mafia I get a lot of Funnies and I've got about 200 Agrees so far!

Oog's idea makes me kinda trust him as well since it only seems beneficial for town and he'd be kind of shooting his team completely in the foot by suggesting that as Mafia

Not got much of a read on anyone else

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
May as well get this out of the way:
If you're one of Bulletproof, Reticent, or Vengeful, post Aye
Else, post Nay

I'll start with my Aye.

I propose we elect me and four others, doesn't particularly matter who, as if the evening doesn't end in an investigation or me as dictator, we know maf/reticent comprise three of the council, barring idiocy. If dictator isn't me, we have three antitown right there.

If at least one town council member survives dissolution, who voted for who can be outed and we'll have min three suspects for nonconformist. Unless one dies, we'll have a clear for all three councils.

If there's a dictator elected, doc should protect me as maf shouldn't be inclined to fuck with us as they lose if three dictators die, and I'm not a useful pr. They might use the swap granny strategy though, which could catch the rev, so wifom save at will.

Honestly if maf does the granny swap thing and rev takes the bait, it'd benefit us all.

If there are any flaws in this plan, feel free to speak up.
Mafia will no doubt use the bus driver on you if they know you're going to be elected, meaning you won't be protected and the doc will die

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Her plan isn't disgustingly awful, it's just not optimal as far as I can tell. Massclaims work better later into the game, especially near the end.
You keep saying that but again never provide any actual reason. You're using a heuristic, a mental shortcut, a rule of thumb of 'massclaims work better later on' but you're failing to consider the setup we're in.

It is optimal, she's proven that. You posted how small likelihood it is that we lynch perfectly with a massclaim. That likelihood will be significantly less so without one.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You keep saying that but again never provide any actual reason. You're using a heuristic, a mental shortcut, a rule of thumb of 'massclaims work better later on' but you're failing to consider the setup we're in.

It is optimal, she's proven that. You posted how small likelihood it is that we lynch perfectly with a massclaim. That likelihood will be significantly less so without one.
Did you not see that her math was wrong. I made a post detailing this.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I find Aqua frustrating but I kinda very sliightly town-read him but not enough to trust him, just his weird attacks on notty earlier trying to brush her being mafia under the carpet seemed kind of typical for a townie aqua to do since I feel like he tends to interpret people's posts in the most incriminating and schemeing ways possible as town out of paranoia, but he could have just faked it obviously
(as in he always seems to take on this kind of guard where he seems to be paranoid about the assumption that everything the mafia says has some kind of ulterior motive that was carefully constructed and thought-out and woven into their post to have a calculated effect before they post and uses that to scumhunt when he's town)

Did you not see that her math was wrong. I made a post detailing this.
Yes, that's the post I'm reffering to. Just because her maths was wrong that doesn't mean that the chances of us successfully lynching will not still be significantly worse if we have a pool of 26 players as opposed to 13, because obviously it will.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The likelihood is literally less than a tenth of a percent.

Relying on any strategy that uses probabilities like this is silly, the math was more to make a point that any strat that relies on luck to lynch is not good.

The statistics would be similarly small if we literally lynched at random starting now.

If you're suggesting we rely on a 0.08% chance because it's marginally higher than a ~0.0008% chance, that's laughable. The point is both chances are miniscule and we should use reads, not luck, to play the game.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(as in he always seems to take on this kind of guard where he seems to be paranoid about the assumption that everything the mafia says has some kind of ulterior motive that was carefully constructed and thought-out and woven into their post to have a calculated effect before they post and uses that to scumhunt when he's town)

Yes, that's the post I'm reffering to. Just because her maths was wrong that doesn't mean that the chances of us successfully lynching will not still be significantly worse if we have a pool of 26 players as opposed to 13, because obviously it will.
In fact I asked you for the probability of it with 26 pool and you ignored it

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just because her maths was wrong that doesn't mean that the chances of us successfully lynching will not still be significantly worse if we have a pool of 26 players as opposed to 13, because obviously it will.
It literally does.
In fact I asked you for the probability of it with 26 pool and you ignored it
I didn't want to put that many numbers in my calculator but it'd be minuscule. One sec.