C9++ - Day 6 - The Final Day - 3/13 Alive - Town Win!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
So Foggy and anyone who still actually reads this thread,

I have decided to vote for you Foggy. It is too damn quiet and we need some action. I know this might be counterproductive, seeing you are one of few who still say stuff regularly, but it seems noone else has a chance to get lynched.

Nothing personal Foggy, you amazing

Unvote
Vote foggy

• Sad
Reactions: Fog

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Welp, if I do get lynched, which is a possibility at this moment in time. I'd like to wish you all the best of luck and I just hope you talk, if not I guess the graveyard will be nice and active.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount - The Slowest Dusk
Ooglie - Foggy (2/5)
Foggy - Hipman Ooglie Caffeinatedkitty hkcool (4/5)
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch. The deadline is at 1pm GMT, April 27. (1 days 6 hours)
Digitalmez - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
Nottykitten - Mafia Roleblocker - Killed Night 3
Aqua
Infected_alien8_ - Cop - Lynched Day 2
Foggy2406
CaffeinatedKitty - Innocent Child
Ooglie101
Mulbery
Oak63 - Town Vigilante - Killed Night 3
Timdood3 - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
hipman500
MarsKid
hkcool
Due to the slowing nature of the game, I'm going have to push a couple of rules for activity starting for the next day. I was hoping the consistent deadlines would be enough but it is apparent that it is not. Starting on day 5:
I'll be changing the deadline to a forced lynch for whoever has the most votes.
I'll be more frequently poking inactive players and players who do not post for 72 hours without notifying me of an IRL situation keeping them from posting will be replaced/modkilled. (This might change to 48 hours depending if activity continues to deteriorate). I recognize that the current no-lynch if no majority is reached by deadline has not been ideal. HOWEVER, activity in general has been much slower than it should be and I hope the game doesn't completely die because of it.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just hazarding some guesses from what I've seen in this thread, I'd keep concentration on people like foggy, cool, Aqua, and Ooglie. But it's not really easy to figure out anything when everyone seems to be giving off a million different tells at the same time.

In the interest of just moving things along, I'll hammer. Vote Foggy

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Just hazarding some guesses from what I've seen in this thread, I'd keep concentration on people like foggy, cool, Aqua, and Ooglie. But it's not really easy to figure out anything when everyone seems to be giving off a million different tells at the same time.

In the interest of just moving things along, I'll hammer. Vote Foggy
YOU STOLE MY HAMMER YOU SON OF A BITCH! :mad:((((((((

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount - The Sudden Night
Ooglie - Foggy (1/5)
Foggy - Hipman Ooglie Caffeinatedkitty hkcool Marskid (5/5)
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch. Foggy, the Mafia Goon, has been lynched! It is now night 4 so send in your actions!
Aqua
Foggy2406 - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 4
Ooglie101
Mulbery
hipman500
MarsKid
hkcool

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In a bizarre twist of events, the sun dipped below the horizon and seemed to pop up right away again! It took the players almost as long as the night had been to find out that someone else had died. They found Ooglie101 's mangled body nearby.
Ooglie101 , a Vanilla Townie, has died! It is now day 5 With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch and 3 to no-lynch. The deadline will be in one week, May 3rd 1am GMT (7 days 3.5 hours). The player with the most votes WILL be lynched once deadline hits.
Aqua
Foggy2406 - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 4
Ooglie101 - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 4
Mulbery
hipman500
MarsKid
hkcool

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Either the Mafia is overly cautious or unexperienced. The fact that Caff is still alive just seems so strange.

I was about to confirm Oogs but it looks like he bit it before then. Far as I can tell he was on to something.

Cool still seems suspicious to me and I'd throw Aqua in that group as well, though that's mainly based on playstyle.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Well that was fast...

I'd like to finally put my suspicions into action.
After foggy flipping mafia, I'm relatively sure that Mulbery is mafia. I'd like to start by saying, I dropped all previous suspicions from day 1 as I believed his response to my questioning was genuine and didn't seem rushed or awkward, so I passed him off as vanilla townie. However, after the previous day with notty dying and people seemingly turning to a foggy vote, foggy firstly subtly tried to get mulb's attention:

Mulbery if HK and I aren't suspicious in your eyes, may I ask who is?
I do agree with Oog that lynching someone just for inactivity probably isn't the best thing to do...but the inactivity is upsetting me... I mean Mulbery talk to me please.
As if he wanted to ask for help from his fellow mafia, but was trying to avoid making it seem suspicious or put suspicion on Mul. Likewise, Mul's response seemed an attempt to both soft defend foggy but also distance himself in the events that he was lynched:

One vote left and foggy's lynched, yet I still am hesitant... This is confusing. On one hand if I don't vote and foggy turns out to be scum, I'd seem more suspicious, but then on the other hand if that weren't the case we'd lose another town member.

I'm not sure how much mafia experience foggy has (not that I have much either), but it just seems to me at this point that foggy isn't scum. Then again, everyone else thinks otherwise so...

Ah, I'm confused again. Reluctant to hammer, replying just so y'all know I'm keeping up :x
Reply to Foggy2406 about suspicions:

I have no leads, nor have I seen anything that would point me towards scum, so I don't have any suspicions unfortunately.

My reason for not suspecting you, foggy, is simply from the messages that you've been sending. They seem... Well, remarkably innocent. Then again, that probably shouldn't be the only reason for me to decide, but even the strongest counterclaims at this point seem rather hypothetical, so right now I'm very very hesitant (also because of the lack of information, I suppose, which is preventing me from making decisions for the fear of making the wrong one)

In no way am I defending you though, since there's always the slightest bit of doubt. You seem to have a lot of attention focused on you simply because of how much you post, and with games like these that seems to be inevitable whether you post too much or too little.
Now, again this is completely based on speculation, I have no solid evidence to back up my claim.

I might as well come out that I was a 1-shot town PR. I was a 1-shot cop, I used it 2 nights ago on hipman who flipped town, pretty much out of sheer boredom, as nothing was happening. (Yes this may have been a waste, but idgaf). So since I'm confident Mul is mafia, and by the looks of things /probably/ the last mafia, let's end this quickly...

vote mul

D

Deleted member 4601

If I were mafia, I would have hammered before mars did. It would be like digging my own grave if I were mafia but I didn't hammer. Not because hammering as a mafia is a good strategy, but because I had previously expressed my opinions on not voting foggy. I had no suspicions in mind at all and my first instinct was that foggy was, for the most part, probably town. This was me having not a whole lot of information to work with.

Aqua said that I seemed to distant myself from the Mafia. Now, simply adding a "I still have doubts" will in no way distant yourself from mafia, and the reason why I wrote that was because firstly, I was still doubtful of foggy's position and I wanted to make that clear, and secondly, I wanted to ensure y'all would understand that since I have such a doubt, I would vote foggy if more convincing evidence were to surface.

Ooglie was killed last night, and while I have no idea what the motivation behind that would be, I can tell you for certain that I am being kept alive precisely because I had sorta defended foggy - having me still be in game would allow the Mafia to make use of my previous posts to distract the town away from mafia.

I do know for a fact that I'm a townie (duh) and since Aqua has mentioned that both hip and himself are on the town side, there's really only two suspects left. I am fairly certain that HK is the last one left, because foggy mentions him fairly often and because I don't really see MarsKid interacting much with the dead mafia.

vote hkcool

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
He mentioned me often because I was a
talking in the thread, just saying but okay.

Ill wait with my vote for now.

Lol not f btw that foggy died, yu sun of a beach mafia goon.

F ooglie though, srry, i was wrong about you

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Lets think about this.

Night went quite fast, does this tell there is only 1 mafia left. (dont flame me if this was super obvious)

Ooglie died, is this a random kill or?

Aqua made some decent points on Mul, but at this point everyone is suspicious imo so I dont know anymore.

Besides, Mul voted me, because in their eyes either Mars or I was mafia, because Aqua and hipman were town because aqua said he was a 1-hit-cop and checked hip. What makes you so sure that Aqua isnt lying. Maybe you are actually mafia.

Dont want to vote you yet Mul, since as i said everyone is suspicious to me (besides hip actually, if he is mafia i'll go crazy), but i am close to that vote though.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
If I were mafia, I would have hammered before mars did. It would be like digging my own grave if I were mafia but I didn't hammer. Not because hammering as a mafia is a good strategy, but because I had previously expressed my opinions on not voting foggy. I had no suspicions in mind at all and my first instinct was that foggy was, for the most part, probably town. This was me having not a whole lot of information to work with.

Aqua said that I seemed to distant myself from the Mafia. Now, simply adding a "I still have doubts" will in no way distant yourself from mafia, and the reason why I wrote that was because firstly, I was still doubtful of foggy's position and I wanted to make that clear, and secondly, I wanted to ensure y'all would understand that since I have such a doubt, I would vote foggy if more convincing evidence were to surface.

Ooglie was killed last night, and while I have no idea what the motivation behind that would be, I can tell you for certain that I am being kept alive precisely because I had sorta defended foggy - having me still be in game would allow the Mafia to make use of my previous posts to distract the town away from mafia.

I do know for a fact that I'm a townie (duh) and since Aqua has mentioned that both hip and himself are on the town side, there's really only two suspects left. I am fairly certain that HK is the last one left, because foggy mentions him fairly often and because I don't really see MarsKid interacting much with the dead mafia.

vote hkcool
>Just woke up, slightly hungover, if this is dumb apologies in advance

My point about you distancing yourself from the mafia was less about you simply saying you weren't 100% sure whether youw ere right, it's how you seem to constantly bring up the fact you acknowledge how suspicious it makes you:

I'd seem more suspicious
In no way am I defending you though

It feels, from my perspective, as if you already knew the out come of foggy's lynch thus felt the need to "distance yourself" from him as much as possible, if you were town and you genuinely didn't think foggy was suspicious enough to lynch you, as an experienced mafia player, would be confident in your convictions. If foggy had flipped inno the mafia would have practically won, so if you weren't convinced he wasn't inno I doubt you would have acted so cautiously in posting.

Also when reading your replies again, I also note that you say you're confused/this is confusing/ you don't know what to do a lot, as if to have an excuse for your mistake when the time comes. I know you're an experienced player, so the "playing noob" strat doesn't work in your case and makes you seem more suspicious:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
That cheeky "replies".

All in all I am a fan of extravagant theories, like this one. That being said.

Aqua, nice theory you got there...

Would be a shame..

If someone were to...

Vote Mulbery

• Thank You
Reactions: Aqua
D

Deleted member 4601

>Just woke up, slightly hungover, if this is dumb apologies in advance

My point about you distancing yourself from the mafia was less about you simply saying you weren't 100% sure whether youw ere right, it's how you seem to constantly bring up the fact you acknowledge how suspicious it makes you:

It feels, from my perspective, as if you already knew the out come of foggy's lynch thus felt the need to "distance yourself" from him as much as possible, if you were town and you genuinely didn't think foggy was suspicious enough to lynch you, as an experienced mafia player, would be confident in your convictions. If foggy had flipped inno the mafia would have practically won, so if you weren't convinced he wasn't inno I doubt you would have acted so cautiously in posting.

Also when reading your replies again, I also note that you say you're confused/this is confusing/ you don't know what to do a lot, as if to have an excuse for your mistake when the time comes. I know you're an experienced player, so the "playing noob" strat doesn't work in your case and makes you seem more suspicious:
This is the first time I'm playing as a non-PR role. I'm not acting confused, there's no incentive for me to do so regardless of what side I'm on. Expressing my confusion is just something I do often.

I don't have a whole lot of arguments to support my point, but I urge you to consider my position as if I were a player, not as a mafia, because what you're doing right now is constructing arguments based on the assumption that I am mafia.

I really do hope you realise that just by refusing to vote foggy does not make me a confirmed mafia, because this is not a game of perfect information. I did not vote for foggy because I supported him; I didn't vote for him because I feel like it was a rushed decision that could have consequences if foggy weren't mafia. I had considered that foggy was mafia, and weighed the two sides based on the following:

Foggy's stances are more often than not incredibly weird and sporadic. He doesn't defend himself with a lot of credible and logical evidence, and the way he defends himself seems a little excessive for a town. That makes him mafia.

But, I had also considered how foggy had written posts where you quote everything someone has said and analyzed it (it is a horrible strategy, but it just seems like something a townie with relatively lesser experience and a lot of enthusiasm would do). This, combined with the fact that foggy had posted so often it was inevitable that he would receive some attention and become the suspicions of others, convinced me otherwise.

Weighing these two, I didn't lean on either side - I had simply considered the fact that the latter argument is just as strong as the first, and in my eyes foggy being mafia was not a fact that can be determined for certain. This uncertainty stopped me from voting, and my posts before foggy's lynch was me trying to explain this (prompted by foggy).

I have always been cautious with what I post. Generally, I post things that wouldn't attract too much information and I wouldn't normally say something until I am sure, or I have to justify my actions (especially when they're different from what everyone else is doing).

Now, there's no point in me defending foggy right now since he's mafia and he's dead. I am merely justifying my judgment on foggy before his death, which was a misjudgment on my part in hindsight, but there was no way I could've known that.

• Winner
Reactions: HKCaper
D

Deleted member 4601

I'll explain why I can't be mafia. Hear me out a little. You mentioned how I might've chosen not to vote foggy and had tried to distance myself from him. Now, this is how it would've played out:

Note that if I were mafia, I would have known that foggy is a mafia goon. The following is all hypothetical (because I'm not mafia)

Because foggy is one vote away from being lynched and I am being prompted to vote, I am faced with the choice of killing a mafia member or defending a mafia member.

1. The chances of foggy being lynched is high. If I defend foggy and choose not to vote him, this would play out two ways.

First - foggy gets lynched. Foggy flips scum, I fall under suspicion.

Second - the town doesn't vote foggy. Either the town votes someone else, which would flip town, leading to me falling under suspicion, or there is a no lynch. In the case of a no lynch, the Mafia would carry out a night kill as usual, and the problem starts all over again. This is just delaying the problem, as the suspicion will likely fall on foggy again or me for causing a no-lynch.

2. If I defend foggy but eventually vote for him, this wouldn't end up well either. Having defended foggy, voting for him again would make myself even more suspicious which is incredibly undesirable, because it would make it seem like I am voting for mafia to draw suspicion away from me.

You might argue that I could be mafia just pretending as if I don't know this, or I could be doing that reverse psychology thing. Well, look at what's happening now. It's not my playing style to intentionally draw attention.

3. If I were mafia and I didn't defend foggy, this would be the safest route at that given point. I could choose to vote or not to vote, and given the circumstances, if I were mafia, either choice would put the suspicion on one of those who already are under suspicion, and all that needs to be done is to make sure that someone who already seems suspicious is kept alive.

Essentially, if I were mafia, my course of actions is equivalent to digging my own grave. Defending foggy is not the better choice if I were mafia.

As town, I chose not to vote foggy and defended my own choice on the basis that I saw voting foggy as too big of a risk.

• Winner
Reactions: HKCaper