Xbox One v. PS4

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I'll be the one guy leaning Xbox One then. After I checked out a video on Project Spark I got excited, my focus is on the games as entertainment, and for me Microsoft delivered.

Not trying to change any opinions here though.
I think Xbox blows Sony out of the water with social and entertainment options, but do you have enough confidence in connecting to the internet once a day?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Actually yeah, I do. I live in an area with a reliable connection. Checked my college as well, internet access.

The topic is called Xbox One v. PS4, and I just happen to not be affected by the negatives the Xbox One delivers. Not trying to be smug or anything, I just never sell games. I can agree with you guys that the issues exist, but I just don't think it'll be problematic. I prefer the Xbox One because I've never had any problems with Xbox Live, and their games are worth it. I stand by my reasoning.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and JKangaroo

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Probably not buying a next-gen console, seeing as I haven't been playing many video games at all apart from Minecraft lately, and also because when I move out in September I'm sure one of my friends will get one. But if I was going to buy one, it'd be the PS4 without a second thought. Not only is it significantly cheaper (what is Sony doing, selling their shit at reasonable prices?), but the fact that the Xbox One comes with Kinect, one of the most horrific pieces of hardware to be forced onto the consumer market in console history, and the fact that the many press releases containing news about the Xbox One have seemingly tried to discuss the actual topic of video games as little as possible in favour of showing off what a horrendous "media center" this over-advanced paperweight will try to be, essentially all adds up to me urinating profusely into Microsoft's greedy corporate mouth.

And the WiiU? I didn't even realise people still gave a small pile of excrement over who Nintendo even were, god forbid they're actually considering buying their outdated, gimmicky product with such greatly anticipated titles as "Super Mario Party 273", "Pokemon Spin-Off 12", "God Awful Party Game Compilation 27" and "The Legend of Zelda: No, we've still not really figured out how to make a game like Ocarina of Time again".

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
I'll probably just end up saving a bit of money to improve my computer I have. Either that or go for the PS4. I'm tied between Kingdom Hearts 3 and Smash Bros. 4. Ugh, choices choices....

But yeah, after reading through this thread a bit and looking around, Ps4 is the way to go. Though I've never owned an XBox, I have played one before and I, probably from just growing up with the PS controllers, could not find a way to get that controller comfortable in my hand. It's not that it's a bad console, I just don't like the controllers. I know a friend that is probably heading toward the XBox One. Going to see if he gets it and more opinions will be made. Until then, PC or PS4 all the way.

Xfolo

Reaction score
I already have a wii u and love it.
Umm. Why are you laughing the fact i have a wii u. The reason i do nintendo is this. 90% of PS games i see are shooters/racers 99% of xbox games i see are shooters/racers. Yeah, this post will be hated but to me, it's true. Nintendo has a range of games. My opinion, dont scream at me.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
I'm not going to pick one. There is still a lot of time before they are released and I would rather know what people think after they have used them rather than before.

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been waiting ages for another killer instincts but I hate how microsoft as done the game. The game is free but with only 1 character and you need to buy the other characters http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/killer-in...409773/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter so fuck you microsoft. I've got my eyes set on buying a Wii U for super smash brothers 4 and wind waker HD. At the moment the PS4 doesn't have many games for it that is really making me want to buy the system.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I've been waiting ages for another killer instincts but I hate how microsoft as done the game. The game is free but with only 1 character and you need to buy the other characters http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/killer-in...409773/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter so fuck you microsoft.
Don't trust reading purely a single article or video because, if you looked around and did some research...

That entire thing about Killer Instinct was an entire misconception that blew up over the internet primarily thanks to gaming sites like IGN (whom is believed to be the source of the misconception.)

The free-to-play is merely a massive "Demo" in which players have access to basically the majority of the game though they can only play with Jago (1 character) while having to pay for any additional characters they may want to unlock to play with so they can be selective with their characters.
This is actually a really nice idea because it caters to a particular audience.

HOWEVER, you can still pick up the full game with all of the roster, full game, etc just like any other major published fighting game.
So, you get choices depending on how interested you are or plan to be with the game, as well as a chance to essentially "Try" the game while not being able to experience the whole thing to see if you actually enjoy it.

It's...
A very good marketing strategy that is fairly consumer friendly.
Sad to see how much bad press something like this can get over a silly misconception.
Please watch: http://au.gamespot.com/e3/killer-instinct-6409830/ for proof. Skip to 6:45 (I believe) if you want to get straight to the information that the LEAD PRODUCER stated on the game and this "free-to-play" model.

Seeing both links are to gamespot....
Ugh, what terrible Journalism, not even showing both sides of the story.

Edit: Also, Why blame Microsoft?
Wouldn't it be the developers choice in the matter to do such a thing? -_-
Everyone blames the Publisher, never the devs, so silly.

• Agree
Reactions: ReyvnNova

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
This thread wasn't about the Wii-U, which will obviously move less units than the Xbox One or PS4. I was seeing what people thought about the two top selling consoles, which will provide the most heated debate and interesting conversation.
The Wii sold more than 20 million more units than the xbox360 or PS3, so how can you say that the Wii-U is going to sell the worst? Of course it's still struggling because there have been very little games released.

Another problem I have with this thread is the incredible circlejerk against Xbox one. It would be nice if everyone would stop complaining about Microsoft simply because everyone else is. You shouldn't base your opinion solely on what others have said on the internet.