The United Coalition of Nations

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
True we can use this map as the test for this city and give us all something to do. I can help donate cobble i mean i have lots of it but we do need to choose where our location is. It can't be too far from where most everybody is living (unless there is no room >.>) and it needs to be next to an ocean with lots of flat space to allow have less hassle digging it up.

http://smp.blocktopia.net/smpserver/world/
This does leave coords in the bottom right hand corner and we will need to find a suitable spot to set this up.
Either a plains, desert, or swamp biome would suffice.
Edit:
x:1590 z:-2202
Pros: This one seems pretty flat and also seems empty. plus it is on its own island allowing us to work in peace.
Cons: Pretty close to TNT and Matilda (many people would have to pass those islands before they get to the city.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Except for the village blob saved, I'm fairly certain that all villagers on the map have been killed. Remember, those villages will be on the first map malc released, 16 days in. From then on, they couldn't be a secret.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Except for the village blob saved, I'm fairly certain that all villagers on the map have been killed. Remember, those villages will be on the first map malc released, 16 days in. From then on, they couldn't be a secret.
We would still need to check because it would seem stupid or just weird to travel all that way just to kill villagers, not take their wheat, and not settle there.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Anyone able to move the villagers I saved to a better location?

I am making a pilgrimage right now to see how that village is doing Danni122112

Edit:
Reached the area someone has been here since a couple doors were blocked with dirt and the wheat has been harvested and replanted. All of the villagers are there though.

Edit:Edit:
Counted the land and will probably need to make the radius smaller for our city to fit and also thinking about it 251 radius is too big like the very high walls. Might shrink it down to 175-200 radius which is still big and allows us lots of room still on island.
The island is very untouched blessed with jungles, snow biome, mountains, plains, and normal forest.

Reactions: Duffie

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
The island seems like a great place to live. It is big enough for a 200 radius town. That is great rosekill to protect those villages since we will need them when 1.3 comes out. i have seen three and two are full of villagers while one only has one.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this what happened to the villagers on the prospective UCON island:
http://imgur.com/a/Fbv9M

Due to the very flawed system of villager trading in the upcoming 1.3 update, I with the permission of Marnixxie have taken to removing all of the villagers I could find across the map. I visited 9 different villages, 8 of which had villagers in. In total, I have killed 46 with my sword. 8 were killed by a zombie and I killed about 10 using the /thor lightning, making for a nice average of 8 per village that had villagers in.

Could you guys look over the places you knew to have contained villagers. If they have villagers, shoot me their coordinates and I'll go wipe them out.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
What actually makes the villagers trading system "flawed"? These buggers sell things for very high prices and also buy things for little to no emeralds. The system is not very flawed and allows us to collect more materials like glowstone, bookshelves, and arrows.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Trading

Why do i feel like i am the only one who reads these things :/ Sorry if it feels like i am "snapping" back but i seem to want a better reason then "they seem flawed, so i killed them all".

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I asked Marnixxie if there were supposed to be any villagers on the map, since I had read this thread and saw that some had been found. He said there weren't supposed to be any and that it was supposed to stay that way. It was in no way "they seem flawed, so I killed them all".

One of the main flaws of the system is that by using some form of automatic sugar cane farm (note how quickly these things grow and how easy it is to obtain a very large amount of paper), you can set up an automatic villager spawning mechanism and by killing all of the villagers that spawn which aren't librarians and don't have a paper trade initially (thus keeping within the current rules of mob quantities), you can gather a large amount of emeralds in a short space of time. You could then use these to trade with blacksmiths and get a bunch of diamonds or diamond armour and so forth. This video shows some of the techniques: .

As you can see in that video, he finds one villager trading paper for diamonds as cheaply as he could, traded them for 33 emeralds. He could then have gone on to get a blacksmith selling diamonds and traded them all for diamonds, getting over 100 diamonds from a few bits of paper.

So don't shoot the messenger, I was just the one going through and killing them, not the person who made the executive decision to get rid of them.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Yes, I have read that as well, and I can tell you, you are not the only one.
The tradesystem is flawed, I don't see how offering a shitload of trash for diamond armour and other rare/uncommon items in the end is a great thing to have.
Only thing I can see is that this whole system is completely overrated, and only will be used to get items more easy, with just a little work.
Especially what makes me worried is that things like hotels are mentioned in this thread, and I know how that works/will be used.
The only thing I can see that people want it, is for their own benefit and great advantage.
Nor that I see why we need it, and you expected a reason from my side, here you have some, but you give me no reason in return to have such a system.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
You can't actually just go and trade tons of paper in mass. It's been changed to where a trade can only be done so many times before it switches trade.

This means you cannot simply keep one villager in a box and expect them to always have the trade you like. It changes so you can't.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Alright thank you both for explaining your side and enlightening me to this "flaw". It just seemed that in the first post you just wanted to perform conquest against all of the villagers since there was little explanation to the reasoning before.

King's video does show some bugs in the spawning rates of the villagers especially in the link below about how the villagers spawn. I at first thought that the villages could only be populated by testificate reproduction alone and did not realize another force was driving the spawn rate of the testificates.

The villagers do allow us to acquire materials that were not available to us before or are slowly disappearing like cookies(1 e), chainmail (36 e), saddles (7 e), glowstone (1 e), and bottle o' enchanting (1 e). Most of what i have said before are rare items that can be nice to have plus the ability to have the emerald blocks. Though it is easy to trade with villagers as the video showed, it mostly shown that it was easy with a stupidly large amount of villagers. If enforcement or common sense is used. Everyone can help control the population of villagers since i know that everyone understands they need to have consideration for others with our limited mob resources.

Now some math on how rare it would be to actually have a chance to abuse this flaw. If we start off with ten villagers with their own house plus only a single door on those houses (since each door creates a 35% chance of a villager to spawn inside the house). Each villager has a 1/6 chance that they become a librarian. We then also have a 25% chance that this librarian buys 19-29 paper for 1 emerald (equating to about 2-3 emeralds per stack) leaving us with a low chance of 4% of the abuse even being given a chance to come to light. When a trade is made at least 3-13 times the trade will change to a different item. Though there is a bug that will keep the trade alive for more than 13 times if the interface is left open so that an entire inventory will be used to trade. for emeralds until the interface is closed and then you will need to wait for the item to appear again later on.

We could try to find common ground and allow cleansing and maintain of at least one or two villages that can be purged of any librarians that allow this abuse to occur. Only the librarians seem to be the problem and just purging them from the village would seemingly annihilate the threat of abuse. Just keeping them inside their normal size village would also stop the massive "hotels" that nerd cubed made in his video. Eliminating the librarians only might be a worthy sacrifice to still allow us to trade with them since they only sell bookshelves, glass, compasses, and clock's which are easily made on our own.
Pages:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/NPC_Village
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Trading
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Villager

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Also, about players taking advantage of it. Players take advantage of most aspects of Minecraft. With a monster spawner, I can level easily. With an animal farm, I can have enough food for a month of gameplay within minutes. By strip mining, I can get several diamonds easily. I hardly think it'd be fair to remove villagers because players will take advantage of them. We take advantage of everything. We'd hardly want it if it was a disadvantage.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Going to bring this thread back to topic, we already had discussions about this topic on another thread when people were asked for their opinion.
And for the staff, we have/had a thread going about this, instead of making an argument on a public thread, you could have continued there.
KingSam and I only pointed something out, since the thread was on the about villagers at some, simply a heads up.
If you want to discuss server changes/requests, than point that out somewhere else, instead of on a thread that is about building/working, more or less, cooperating together.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Villagers will not be added until the next map update due to the trading system being heavily flawed. :)

If you are seen trying to hide villagers we will see it akin to having a xp farm. However we plan to scan for villagers and remove all of them 'before' we update to 1.3

thankyou.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Alrighty then. I have started placing torches for the inside layout of the castle at about 200 radius. will be moving the center point around until i can fit the 200 radius on the island. either the east, or north side can contain the ocean district since those sides seem to be closer to the water. They are only torches so i can always destroy them if we find a better suitable spot. I will be transforming the nearby village into a housing area.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
So we will be building there i assume? and true if we start placing chests outside the walls then it will be hard to transport the chests back in. Though i can say that this place needs lots of terraforming and i need to grab at least 1-20 blocks of iron for it.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
We should also create a bridge from spawn to the city, or railway. This way new players can reach easily.

EDIT: As well, we need to decide on whether to create a new clan called UCON, and whether the other clans will be forced to dissolve or not.