The United Coalition of Nations

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
What should we make the walls out of so i can lay the basic foundations? i was thinking stonebrick since it looks the nicest but any other ideas for easy building materials is good.
I believe I stated this before but-
I believe Stone brick would be the best choice. It is a very nice building material, and it is a fairly easy material to obtain (if you have enough coal).
Of course the wall shouldn't be entirely be constructed out of stone brick, to both save some material and to make it look nice.
Perhaps an occasional stone-slab support or use normal smooth stone in between the stone-brick.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
and whether the other clans will be forced to dissolve or not.
No offense, but I think that idea I highlight above is terrible. For 1, not everybody will want to join UCON. For another thing, all but what 3? maybe 5? clans not within UCON as far as I know. So we'd have 1 major super-clan and a few more tiny clans. Just my 2 cents.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
No offense, but I think that idea I highlight above is terrible. For 1, not everybody will want to join UCON. For another thing, all but what 3? maybe 5? clans not within UCON as far as I know. So we'd have 1 major super-clan and a few more tiny clans. Just my 2 cents.
I'm personally against it as well ;P Don't worry. I doubt any of the reps are for it.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
I was thinking of Ucon as a super clan composed of clans. Not dissolving into the super clan but make the city a project for every clan to come help build and contribute towards a working society. It helps when all clans can come work together for a common goal.

JKangaroo
I would say slabs is the best way to go since having smooth stone as the border would not stand out from far away while smooth stone slabs are brighter and set a different shade showing the seperation and supports. Unless we want to spend some time coming up with decoration pillars along the walls.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe I stated this before but-
I believe Stone brick would be the best choice. It is a very nice building material, and it is a fairly easy material to obtain (if you have enough coal).
Of course the wall shouldn't be entirely be constructed out of stone brick, to both save some material and to make it look nice.
Perhaps an occasional stone-slab support or use normal smooth stone in between the stone-brick.
from 1.3 lava buckets can be used, since the buckets no longer disapear.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
News Flash Update
  • Outer Wall layout has been started.
  • A storage facility is being constructed at the moment from huge amounts of cobble and stone being donated for our project thanks to Epicfailcow.
  • NPC village has been transformed into a temporary settlement.
  • A quarry has been started thanks to Twangfizz.
  • A zombie grinder has been created to help gain levels while fighting zombies.
  • Zombe is moving over to Ucon and has begun construction of their House.
  • KingSam has built a house in proposed area of Ucon but it is not in the way for the roads that will run right by his house.
  • Some landscaping has begun for the mass flattening on the future Ucon city.
  • Epicfailcow has set up a temporary road so that we can get to our portal more easily.
That is it for today's new flash lots of things happening for just the first day of building. Hopefully more to come. :D

Reactions: chris360kss

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Ok, so just to confirm, the coordinates for the super city ARE x:1590 z:-2202? Cause I really want to help with the airship part of the city (and all the other parts of course!).

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
chris360kss
JKangaroo
NogTrog
Clockwork
S_swimmer
rosekill
Defiant_Blob

Alright i got a good idea from Knight365 and it should be given an answer pretty quickly before we flatten the entire area. The idea he had was that he noticed the majestic beauty of the land we have colonized with the giant rolling hills and lakes. We already know we are keeping the lakes but what we asre both wondering is if certain districts want to keep their hills? or just flatten out your area. I thought that having some nice hills around you district area could create some nice scenery and houses platformed above them with fences, like Venice without the water.

Reply soon since we have already begun flattening the areas and will try not to flatten too much of it. I believe , if counting by graphing quadrants, quadrant 2, 3, and 4 still are filled with hills.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
chris360kss
JKangaroo
NogTrog
Clockwork
S_swimmer
rosekill
Defiant_Blob

Alright i got a good idea from Knight365 and it should be given an answer pretty quickly before we flatten the entire area. The idea he had was that he noticed the majestic beauty of the land we have colonized with the giant rolling hills and lakes. We already know we are keeping the lakes but what we asre both wondering is if certain districts want to keep their hills? or just flatten out your area. I thought that having some nice hills around you district area could create some nice scenery and houses platformed above them with fences, like Venice without the water.

Reply soon since we have already begun flattening the areas and will try not to flatten too much of it. I believe , if counting by graphing quadrants, quadrant 2, 3, and 4 still are filled with hills.
I have thought long and hard about this and have come to a conclusion about this... Air district Will.... wait wtf, the sky doesn't have hills :p

• Informative
Reactions: Knight365

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
OK everyone the construction of the supercity has already begun we need all are architects at the city so we can get it done. also any help from none architects would be appreciated too.PM me or one of are members if you dont know the coords.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
chris360kss
JKangaroo
NogTrog
Clockwork
S_swimmer
rosekill
Defiant_Blob

Sorry, been busy and can't seem to change my Minecraft back to 1.2 so it might be a bit until I can get to the SuperCity(Unless SMP went 1.3 already without me noticing) If it's still 1.2 I'll be working on down-grading my .jar back to 1.2, so I won't be long.

Anyways: Although when walking across the land normally in any city around the globe, it's normally obvious and gives a city a more dynamic feel to them as you can see / feel numerous hills, slopes, and etc, as most of the time cities move with the land; massive terra-forming projects are normally out of the question as it would be worth to much money and might hurt the environment.

However: This is Minecraft, and from aerial perspective I've always thought cities seem nicer and easier to build on with a nice, flat surface. And as Defiant stated; we can always make our own hills to provide a little spice to a district. I think this idea might be better if we had more of a terraced city, instead of random hills, but I'll need to see what the area inside the perimeter of the city looks like before I can make up my mind. Also: If any people who are going to live in my district (since anyone can really live anywhere, they get to choose their favorite;)) wants to keep the hills / etc, I think a friendly vote would be better. But if its up to me, leaning toward a flat, terra-formed district.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
News Flash for August the 2nd:
Update:
  • All materials have been moved from the temporary storage facility to a larger temporary storage facility.
    • There are four rings and the inner two (Rings C & D) are all of the clan supplies while the outer two (Rings A & B) are for player self storage (do not go poking through any chests that don't belong to you in the two outer layers.)
  • The old temporary storage facility has been filled to the brim with furnaces and is ready for smelting all of the cobble we will be collecting.
  • Knight365 has built a small shack by the natural lava lake inside of our walls. and has started smelting some cobble over in that area.
  • The deforestation started yesterday but picked up speed today so we don't have to worry about those pesky trees getting in our way.
  • The outer wall layout is almost complete only the north-west area is yet to be completed but will be completed soon.
  • Zombe has started moving their huge load of materials from their base over to the Ucon clan storage facility. EpicFailCow needs some help with the move since doing it all by himself will take a while, he won't mind to have a helping hand with the move.
  • Terraforming has been started yesterday and you can see much of the surrounding area is starting to become flat. Anyone who wants to log on and grab a shovel can start digging.
  • EpicFailCow has made the path between zombe base and Ucon (in the nether) just that much safer so you will not easily stray from the path or fear of falling into lava on your way there.
Those are the highlights of today and more will be coming soon as the days unfold.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Since some have been questioning the reason (and legality) of the TNT outpost building on the UCON island, let me try to clear it up.

As is pretty obvious, you can't claim an island of this size to be all one clan's territory without having substantial progress to prove that all of it will be used. Because the island is planned to be full of people, and being so close to the TNT clan, we decided to build an outpost to keep us able to visit the island and not have it all blocked off by one mega clan's walls, keeping an option for a counter raid because inevitably, being so close to the prospective site, would come under attack ourselves.

At the time we put up the outpost, building for UCON had not got off to a start, having only done a tiny amount of work building a border and setting up in a few of the villager houses for temporary storage and a few beds. As a result, there was no marked "territory" for the UCON super city and it was fair game for us to build where we did. We made sure it was a reasonable distance from the established settlements of UCON in order that we not disrupt the building, and early enough that the plans could easily be adapted based on our building.

Of course with so many people being ferried over to the UCON island to begin work on the super city, there were a lot of random chests filled with supplies and lots of people opening and closing chests. We obviously wanted to explore the building site, and when confronted with open chests, took the goods as any normal person would, it's free stuff after all! We haven't been killing people while they open chests to get at those, only the ones that people have neglected to cover up well enough. There has been killings from either side, initially unprovoked for the fun of it, partially as a reminder that not everywhere is safe, but it resulted in defensive killings, whatever.

Hopefully that clears some stuff up for people about what's going on in regards to the TNT clan's outpost.

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog