The United Coalition of Nations

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Though jk's idea for the ucon city is good i would say to not have the six seperate areas as triangles. Reasons:
  1. we are probably making the buildings square which would leave many spaces open in each area.
  2. The railways will be oblong trying to go in a diagonal way making any designs on that railway to not look great.
  3. The roads would look too uniform and not create that smooth edge we like on our roads.
  4. Adding onto number three, if we do add any light posts, which we would, it would not be placed orderly because of the oblong roads going in between the six areas.
  5. If we cut up every single space into separate areas then we would not have enough space for other builds we would like inside of our walls.
Though these are just some observations that i am think we would run into problems with designing the city i do like the circular walls and the circular central tower/city center inside the middle of the UCON metropolis.
Ideas:
  1. Have the center town center have roads going out in every cardinal direction, the 6 districts would be separated into 6 equally sized squares/rectangles encircling the center tower. The extra room would fit all of the housing/storage/arena areas closer towards the wall.

Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Yea, I didn't really think triangular districts would work that well, and think this is a much better format.
I wanted to make a perhaps, nicer diagram, but change the format around a bit.
---
Seen in the picture above:
We can keep the 4 terrestrial districts around the main tower in their specific square / rectangle locations, seen in red.
And agreeing with you, we will need extra building room for other projects and living quarters, the extra space in between the roads / whatnot where we can construct these locations are marked with the random scribbles.
---
Since I don't think we should really incorporate the Water section in the main city, seeing your original picture / plan (I think this is just my OCD kicking in.), I think we should have it on the outside near the wall, with docks and wharfs possibly sticking out into the water. They can also build a rapture-like part / do whatever because someone will be in charge of that district, and they can choose what they like, etc etc.
---
In terms of an Air-sector.
I don't even believe we need a "designated" section for that.
We can easily use the many, empty air spaces around the city for airships / helicopters / balloons / anything they want to do with the Air sector.
And perhaps even having a docking sight at the top of the Central UCON tower.
---
This is just a suggestion, because I was to OCD to let your original plan (even though I know your not down explaining it!), go as it is.
- JK

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
OKAY. We need to work out the problem with Whspr/CTY. CTY doesn't want to ally with Whspr, but Whisper wants to ally with CTY.

Possible solutions? I am suggesting possibly adding a PvP area just outside the city for those who want to fight. However, as Whisper isn't really a fighting clan, this probably won't work. Does anyone have any solutions that could help?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
OKAY. We need to work out the problem with Whspr/CTY. CTY doesn't want to ally with Whspr, but CTY wants to ally with CTY.

Possible solutions? I am suggesting possibly adding a PvP area just outside the city for those who want to fight. However, as Whisper isn't really a fighting clan, this probably won't work. Does anyone have any solutions that could help?
Well, You could ofcourse leave CTY and Whspr un-allied.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Yea, I didn't really think triangular districts would work that well, and think this is a much better format.
I wanted to make a perhaps, nicer diagram, but change the format around a bit.
---
Seen in the picture above:
We can keep the 4 terrestrial districts around the main tower in their specific square / rectangle locations, seen in red.
And agreeing with you, we will need extra building room for other projects and living quarters, the extra space in between the roads / whatnot where we can construct these locations are marked with the random scribbles.
---
Since I don't think we should really incorporate the Water section in the main city, seeing your original picture / plan (I think this is just my OCD kicking in.), I think we should have it on the outside near the wall, with docks and wharfs possibly sticking out into the water. They can also build a rapture-like part / do whatever because someone will be in charge of that district, and they can choose what they like, etc etc.
---
In terms of an Air-sector.
I don't even believe we need a "designated" section for that.
We can easily use the many, empty air spaces around the city for airships / helicopters / balloons / anything they want to do with the Air sector.
And perhaps even having a docking sight at the top of the Central UCON tower.
---
This is just a suggestion, because I was to OCD to let your original plan (even though I know your not down explaining it!), go as it is.
- JK
Your Idea about not having a designated "Air Sector" is great! It will look so much better with things scatterd around in the air =)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
OKAY. We need to work out the problem with Whspr/CTY. CTY doesn't want to ally with Whspr, but Whisper wants to ally with CTY.

Well, You could ofcourse leave CTY and Whspr un-allied.
Well, there is a lot of time still before the map restarts to really sort this out.
But I think I agree with with Shiny, if they don't want to exactly "ally," it might be fine.
And it may add a pinch of intrigue for the super-city.
It could be like a small-scale "gang rivalry." (though I don't think it'll actually get that far.)
It's a bit atmospheric. And with the main danger to SMP (aka Luck) is gone, I think it might be cool if once we (eventually) complete this city, more inter-city gangs pop up, and there were secret hideouts in certain houses / areas of the city.
A bit of a stupid idea to fix it / for the super-city, But it sounds kind of interesting.
(Also wrote this in a terrible way that does not make quite much sense)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Well, there is a lot of time still before the map restarts to really sort this out.
But I think I agree with with Shiny, if they don't want to exactly "ally," it might be fine.
And it may add a pinch of intrigue for the super-city.
It could be like a small-scale "gang rivalry." (though I don't think it'll actually get that far.)
It's a bit atmospheric. And with the main danger to SMP (aka Luck) is gone, I think it might be cool if once we (eventually) complete this city, more inter-city gangs pop up, and there were secret hideouts in certain houses / areas of the city.
A bit of a stupid idea to fix it / for the super-city, But it sounds kind of interesting.
(Also wrote this in a terrible way that does not make quite much sense)
Problem with CTY not joining UCON:
Whisper is part of UCON
Aercem, Zombe, Specula, Maluhia, Utopia, etc. are part of UCON
CTY raids Whisper
CTY, in doing so, raids all other parts of UCON
Should CTY break alliances with anyone in UCON just because they like massacring Whisper?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Whisper is part of UCON
CTY raids Whisper
Should CTY break alliances with anyone in UCON just because they like massacring Whisper?
Just because they raid Whsper doesn't mean that Aercem, Zombe, Specula, Maluhia, Utopia ect. will break alliances. If you want to make a big group like that and have it be succesfull then I suggest making a clan called UCON.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Just because they raid Whsper doesn't mean that Aercem, Zombe, Specula, Maluhia, Utopia ect. will break alliances. If you want to make a big group like that and have it be succesfull then I suggest making a clan called UCON.
So, CTY will walk into the super city, murder the neighbors of the people in it, and expect them to do nothing?

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Fatalis

Reaction score
Whisper is part of UCON
CTY raids Whisper
If something like this is going to happen, we will need some sort of policing force (i.e, peacekeepers) in order to keep order. Even if it doesn't, we should still have it to protect citizens from possible mobs/theives.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
If something like this is going to happen, we will need some sort of policing force (i.e, peacekeepers) in order to keep order. Even if it doesn't, we should still have it to protect citizens from possible mobs/theives.
I don't think the police thing will work. When there is no police on are members will just fight each other like Jkangroo said people will probably form gangs and fight.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
We could let them fight but instruct them to fight out their differences inside of an arena since both groups if they raid will just be raiding the city as a whole. They should fight out their differences in an arena so that they don't cause havoc in the street but allow them to get out their differences in sport.
edit: will start making some designs and ideas for the wall, gates, and central towers. I am willing to donate a design for a train station I built in bb that can be used for transport (/warp train-station)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Am I allowed to live inside a balloon hovering aimlessly above the city?
With a small wheatfarm for foods, ofc.
Probably. It'd be mostly K1ng/chris's call. But most likely.
It'll be hard to have the police constantly dedicate themselves to protecting the specific members. I'll probably thinking of dividing members into PvP-ready and non-PvP ready, so that we can divide and spread them out accordingly so we can better defend.
I don't think the police thing will work. When there is no police on are members will just fight each other like Jkangroo said people will probably form gangs and fight.
I'm thinking it will be easy to stop people from fighting eachother's allies. i.e. stop fighting or you're evicted xP
We could let them fight but instruct them to fight out their differences inside of an arena since both groups if they raid will just be raiding the city as a whole. They should fight out their differences in an arena so that they don't cause havoc in the street but allow them to get out their differences in sport.
edit: will start making some designs and ideas for the wall, gates, and central towers. I am willing to donate a design for a train station I built in bb that can be used for transport (/warp train-station)
That would be a great solution if Whisper actually could fight. Whisper doesn't really fight at all. Whisper has about 4 kills on CTY, and maybe 5 other kills outside of CTY. They also have 185 deaths. Speaking to Whisper members, they don't want to fight.