Kami's Realm - Survival Multiplayer

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
If you're forced to join a clan, I think it should be random. I could literally go tell the 2 other people who are good at pvp to join 1 clan and then we'd have a combined kdr of 150. I don't think we SHOULD be forced to join one, but if we are it may as well be random so it's not 1 great clan and 4 meh ones.

It's funny because the solution to making people who are good at pvp seem worse is to include enchanting and potions, so people who have 100 hours to spend in the first week of the server can have at least an even matchup against people who need ~30 minutes to be at their peak in terms of gear/fighting ability.

It's still a bit early seeing as this is a teaser; you never know, they might say 3 days before the release that the server has the same plugin as primordia. May as well just wait a bit longer before jumping to too many conclusions.
Well, if you are forced in a clan at random you can't really play the smp with your friends since they would have a high chance of not getting placed in the same clan as you. I mean I was planning to make a thread asking what clan people were thinking about joining before the server started then join the least or 2nd least most popular clan to balance out numbers.

Then I agree what you said it has been one day and there is a lot of information we don't know yet about the server.

paceboys

Reaction score
Well, if you are forced in a clan at random you can't really play the smp with your friends since they would have a high chance of not getting placed in the same clan as you. I mean I was planning to make a thread asking what clan people were thinking about joining before the server started then join the least or 2nd least most popular clan to balance out numbers.

Then I agree what you said it has been one day and there is a lot of information we don't know yet about the server.
True but if Omni and @Bannedkill and I are in the same clan, pvp would be a freelo stomp and people (if clan switching is a thing) would likely migrate to said clan.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure capture points are used games where we have, like, rounds or something.

If you mean capture points as in every clan has a point where, if it is over run, then the clan who captures that point gets complete control of the clan captured... that sort of thing belongs in mini-games.

However, if you mean something like having cities or landmarks with capture points...

you know what, why are we even talking about capture points for an SMP server?!

• Agree
Reactions: paceboys

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Ehh 10th March Cities: Skylines is getting released >.> #doublehype

Will it have MCMMO/Heroes/some other class system?
What Economy/Village plugin we will have?
Oak64 in Wood clan. So this is why wood clan is Wood not Nature or something.

Concerning player inactivity Shande told me that he loved LoP because people from his clan were here all time. So I think popularity won't be problem in long term.

Concerning enchanting - Its much less grindy on 1.8 - you need to go to 30 level to get best enchant of course, but it costs only 3 levels and lapis lazuli now.
So basically you can go 30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-
30-->27 - Enchanting
27-->30 - Grinding back 3 levels.
So in same amount of time you can enchant waay more stuff now.
With Unbreaking III/Fortune III/Efficiency V diamond pick axe mining diamonds should be much easier so materials shouldn't be problem later.
Heroes is no longer available to other servers apart from Kainzos I believe, mcmmo sucks (unless they made it better recently, IMO towny or something similar is the best town plugin.

Better put my alt ProfessorOak in the wood clan :p

I think enchanted items should be drops off of bosses(?), they obviously make you considerably stronger however they carry the risk of if others find out that you have one you will be targeted.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

paceboys

Reaction score
Heroes is no longer available to other servers apart from Kainzos I believe, mcmmo sucks (unless they made it better recently, IMO towny or something similar is the best town plugin.

Better put my alt ProfessorOak in the wood clan :p

I think enchanted items should be drops off of bosses(?), they obviously make you considerably stronger however they carry the risk of if others find out that you have one you will be targeted.
See but that still reinforces the 'I have no obligations so I'll put 100 hours into this server the first week thus giving me a huge advantage over people who can't make that ridiculous commitment' mentality over the 'I've got obligations but it doesn't matter because I'm a BEAST at this game and I'll still 1v9 and lose 2 hp' mentality. Someone who spends 100 hours grinding a boss to get an immense advantage over people who have genuine skill is a really unhealthy concept for a server.

No one wants to be required to spend 100 hours in 1 week on 1 server just to be caught up with people who have nothing better to do. I don't mean this to be an insult at all to people with nothing better to do, but those with better things to do shouldn't be penalized for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Omni

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I think leaving enchantments and potions in is a must (especially now that you don't have to regain ALL your levels for doing one enchantment or use of the anvil), and that boss drops should either give some kind of story/plot item (if we have a story/plot, which we might have), or some especially powerful weapon, tool, or armor (as in something with NBT edits or unobtainable enchantments).

I also recommend that bosses be re-playable (as I believe they were in DoD) so that multiple people can have the same NBT item, and so that if a boss drop gets destroyed, it isn't gone for good.

[Edit]: oh, and nothing op for boss drops please.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Perhaps removing the main enchantments like sharpness and environment protection would be the go; that balances out the table for peoples' combat strategies.

edit: Oh and unbreaking. Nerf that awful thing outta there

CaramelCow

Reaction score
See but that still reinforces the 'I have no obligations so I'll put 100 hours into this server the first week thus giving me a huge advantage over people who can't make that ridiculous commitment' mentality over the 'I've got obligations but it doesn't matter because I'm a BEAST at this game and I'll still 1v9 and lose 2 hp' mentality. Someone who spends 100 hours grinding a boss to get an immense advantage over people who have genuine skill is a really unhealthy concept for a server.

No one wants to be required to spend 100 hours in 1 week on 1 server just to be caught up with people who have nothing better to do. I don't mean this to be an insult at all to people with nothing better to do, but those with better things to do shouldn't be penalized for it.
Who said bosses would be only open to certain people or would be impossible to do unless you go full nolife and play 24 hours a day?

paceboys

Reaction score
Who said bosses would be only open to certain people or would be impossible to do unless you go full nolife and play 24 hours a day?
Of course they'd be open to everyone, I didn't mean that at all.

The fact that someone who plays 100 hours in 1 week will get the best enchanted items from bosses is indisputable, that's just how it works. If I run a dungeon 10 times I've got 10 chances to get a good enchanted drop. If you run it 3 times, you've got 3 chances. Not to mention, you'd probably need to get equipment beforehand. Those with more time would have a large advantage in this situation, which is a poor concept to reinforce.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: Omni and Jivvi

Catcocomics

Reaction score
If I run a dungeon 10 times I've got 10 chances to get a good enchanted drop. If you run it 3 times, you've got 3 chances.
This can be remedied by making the bosses' good drops be 80%-100% chance.
Granted, this would make it easy to arm a bunch of people with boss loot, but that can also be remedied by Risk vs Reward; making harder bosses drop better loot.
I also would like to see some bosses that are more than simply hack/slash (but, I've only ever seen one DoD boss, so I can't really say much about this bit).