Kami's Realm - Survival Multiplayer

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Will anything be done about enchanting/potions?

Like will people still be able to run around in Prot IV Sharp V Strenght II to ruin other peoples fun? Because for the past SMP's this has mostly been the reason I stopped playing, and standing next to an xp farm for an hour just to have a chance isn't any fun either.

paceboys

Reaction score
Will anything be done about enchanting/potions?

Like will people still be able to run around in Prot IV Sharp V Strenght II to ruin other peoples fun? Because for the past SMP's this has mostly been the reason I stopped playing, and standing next to an xp farm for an hour just to have a chance isn't any fun either.
Enchanting and Potions should definitely be disabled. This is a pvp server, right?

• Agree
Reactions: Jivvi

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Whereas this is all fun, it's really not what's needed right now. Having a new SMP server isn't suddenly gonna bring a lot new players in. I think fixing our servers are prefering unique servers over quantity of servers (even though they aren't bad) would be way more beneficial. Also, with this PvP system, there are going to be clans underrepresented while other clans get all the strong PvPers, certainly with such a low amount of players.

I'm so-so about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Omni and Jubjubers

paceboys

Reaction score
Whereas this is all fun, it's really not what's needed right now. Having a new SMP server isn't suddenly gonna bring a lot new players in. I think fixing our servers are prefering unique servers over quantity of servers (even though they aren't bad) would be way more beneficial. Also, with this PvP system, there are going to be clans underrepresented while other clans get all the strong PvPers, certainly with such a low amount of players.

I'm so-so about this.
If you're forced to join a clan, I think it should be random. I could literally go tell the 2 other people who are good at pvp to join 1 clan and then we'd have a combined kdr of 150. I don't think we SHOULD be forced to join one, but if we are it may as well be random so it's not 1 great clan and 4 meh ones.

It's funny because the solution to making people who are good at pvp seem worse is to include enchanting and potions, so people who have 100 hours to spend in the first week of the server can have at least an even matchup against people who need ~30 minutes to be at their peak in terms of gear/fighting ability.

It's still a bit early seeing as this is a teaser; you never know, they might say 3 days before the release that the server has the same plugin as primordia. May as well just wait a bit longer before jumping to too many conclusions.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There was PvP long before enchanting and potions and it was 99999x better because I actually had a chance without having to waste hours of my time grinding XP which is extremely boring.
There's a double edge, though. Aside from the inanely powerful sets grinding could achieve, there are more passive potions and enchants that fit others' play styles, combat or no.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Ehh 10th March Cities: Skylines is getting released >.> #doublehype

Will it have MCMMO/Heroes/some other class system?
What Economy/Village plugin we will have?
Oak64 in Wood clan. So this is why wood clan is Wood not Nature or something.

Concerning player inactivity Shande told me that he loved LoP because people from his clan were here all time. So I think popularity won't be problem in long term.

Concerning enchanting - Its much less grindy on 1.8 - you need to go to 30 level to get best enchant of course, but it costs only 3 levels and lapis lazuli now.
So basically you can go 30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-
30-->27 - Enchanting
27-->30 - Grinding back 3 levels.
So in same amount of time you can enchant waay more stuff now.
With Unbreaking III/Fortune III/Efficiency V diamond pick axe mining diamonds should be much easier so materials shouldn't be problem later.

Last edited:
  • Confusing
Reactions: paceboys

paceboys

Reaction score
Ehh 10th March Cities: Skylines is getting released >.> #doublehype

Will it have MCMMO/Heroes/some other class system?
Also Wood should be renamed to Nature or Life.
AHHH OAK63 IS A TREE IS A WOOD I GET IT NOWW :D
Hopefully server will last more than 4 months unlike Primordia.
------------------------------
Also can we have first week PVE only?

--------------------------------
Long time ago Shande told me that he loved LoP because people from his clan were here all time.
So I think popularity won't be problem in long term.

--------------------------
Primordia was full pvp too. Hopefully this time chests may be protected with blocks as in DoD or JtE

----------------------
Don't forget that enchanting is much less grindy on 1.8 - you need to go to 30 level to get best enchant of course, but it costs only 3 levels and lapis lazuli now.
So basically you can go 30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-27-30-
30-->27 - Enchanting
27-->30 - Grinding back 3 levels.
So in same amount of time you can enchant waay more stuff now.
With Unbreaking III/Fortune III/Efficiency V diamond pick axe mining diamonds should be much easier now.

----------------------------------
What Economy/Village plugin we will have?
Will inactive people get kicked out from clans after 14/30 days of inactivity?
take some deep breaths buddy

it's been a day

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
but how will we know which faction to choose? must we choose one immediately without knowing more than the general theme, or do we start off as factionless and are required to eventually choose to unlock the map's full potential?
That's like having the choice of which family you're born into. :p

If you're completely at odds with the clan's ideology then go join a different one after the fact.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I hope any major raiding that occurs is less than daily but more than monthly.
Large scale raids do make SMP more interesting and all, but doing it too much, and you're basically going to have two or three clans that just don't have anyone in them anymore because they got raided to death.