Xbox One v. PS4

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Breaking;

Hit PC mod "DayZ" is slated to be released for PS4. The developers are still unsure if they want to release for Xbox One.

I'm so excited! DayZ will be amazing as a standalone console MMO!

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
PS4 all the way! My opinion is a bit biased because I'm the proud owned of a PS3.

Xbox have really restrictive policies from what I see. PS4 is giving gamers what they desire. Not to mention that ugly name... Xbox one, ewwwwww

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS.

Microsoft has just announced the removal of DRM. You will no longer need to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to play. You can play offline now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1gocxd/microsoft_to_pull_complete_reversal_on_xbox_one/

I feel like shouting "I TOLD YOU GAMERS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE" at people right now. Try to convince me that gamers didn't make this happen.

Does this change your opinion, anybody? I know I'm still sticking with the PS4 for multiple reasons but I respect the Xbox One and Microsoft a lot more now.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Digitalis

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sony's servers are shit. Microsoft's aren't. Good enough reason to buy it imo.

115Predator

Reaction score
Thank you Microsoft; some faith has been restored.

Though getting rid of the mandatory Kinect connection would also be quite nice.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Sony's servers are shit. Microsoft's aren't. Good enough reason to buy it imo.
I hear this so much from friends of mine who is an Xbox supporter, but like you said it's your opinion. In rebuttal Sony only got hacked once that was it yeah Microsoft has the computer software to protect it's console and other thing but that is the only thing they got over Sony that is it.

I'm still going with the PS4 for other reasons besides the offline play and the used games. (No kinect for me thank you very much)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
im not getting an xbox one or a ps4 anytime soon, my biggest issue is that i have a 360, and when xbox one comes out, im going to have to pay 3 times as much for xboxOne live, when i dont even have an xboxOne!

Digitalis

Reaction score
HUGE NEWS.

Microsoft has just announced the removal of DRM. You will no longer need to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to play. You can play offline now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1gocxd/microsoft_to_pull_complete_reversal_on_xbox_one/

I feel like shouting "I TOLD YOU GAMERS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE" at people right now. Try to convince me that gamers didn't make this happen.

Does this change your opinion, anybody? I know I'm still sticking with the PS4 for multiple reasons but I respect the Xbox One and Microsoft a lot more now.

While it's nice that they're finally removing these policies, I find it suspicious as hell. Microsoft isn't in any way stupid enough to botch a console as much as they did when they announced it at E3. I had suspected they'd do something that would turn the thinking of the population of gamers towards their console, but I was never sure of what. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this because of any form of bias against Microsoft, I love the company, but I feel like they pulled this stunt just so they could convince people that Microsoft listens to their community. I've seen their work before, and I've learned that they're experts at converting the ideas of a large group of people to their favor. Now, I could be totally wrong and that they actually did this all for reasons other than intelligent as hell strategies, but I feel that it's necessary to throw my thoughts on the matter into the thread.

Reaction score
My friend told me the other day that with the xbox 1 if u bring it to your mates house and play it u have to download it to their system and u cant get it back? to me that seems stupid id go ps4.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS.

microsoft really listens to the poeple that it matters most for.
Burnie Burns said:
I know that microsoft listens to feedback because at the xbox reveal, whats the first thing they did? they showed us the console.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS.

My problem? Why did they tell gamers to basically deal with the fact they (the people buying the console) wouldn't get what they wanted for so long? Sorry, there trying to make a ladder without sticks.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Well, in the official statements Microsoft said because of the feedback from the community. I have to admit despite not taking part in the vast majority of gamers, I am pleased to hear that there is no connectivity and no issues with lending/sharing games. (I still was set on buying it before this announcement, not going to lie)

One huge thing I noticed: You have a choice between discs and Xbox Live, from day 1. We're given the option to go full digital or retail if we choose. I like that development, although it seems sharing would be difficult with a digital copy.

EDIT: One huge thing: No region lock. All countries can play.