War and Peace

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
A. As most people can see, people are already starting to mock each other within this thread. As GmK stated, living proof of growing hatred to each other.

B. I've no problem at all with Nameless having his fun, but, there are limits. And to make sure that the line won't be crossed we need some better rules on this raiding. Aye?
I suggest you don't kill people that are in houses. Looks similar like what Deadlock said but I suggest you don't kill people at all that are just building or relaxing in their homes.

C. We don't want this server to be closed just because some people show dickish behaviour for no reason, do we?

Before this thread gets closed or gets derailed I want the people of your gang NamelessHero to improve your rules. Just think about it.
Chilling in houses? You mean just staying indoors? As long as there is no way to enter the house without griefing you can stay inside as long as you wish, I already gave an example of what happened to someone who ran inside his house.

Now if we see a builder, he/she would probably be carrying blocks, and no armor, so I'd doubt we would touch him.If he does have armor, I'd just yell his name and ask him the usual "do you feel like fighting?". Possible responses are "please I'm a builder, take this *random item here* and go away!" or "YARR Come here!".

I also explained the raid policy, we won't raid more than twice a day, the interval is set just if more people come and regroup the raided place. Usually we would raid once a day(or once in a few days) and leave it for them to recover.

If we happen to stumble upon a miner, as in we raided an open house and the guy is mining down below, we will alert of our attack, and if he thinks he can take us, he is free to charge at us, but there is also the possibility of paying yourself out of a fight. Which brings me to an idea I just came up with - IF YOU GO MINING, LOCK YOUR DOOR! Or we might find you and you may have a bad mining experience.
I should hope this suffices. PVP =/= Dick

Dlmt3

Reaction score
Oh, and as to my previous post, I'm only talking about nameless, he is the only person to fear, but because of that, they travel in groups, so good luck.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
C. We don't want this server to be closed just because some people show dickish behaviour for no reason, do we?
Oh trust me.. you won't.

But if someone does start acting dickish in regards to PvP.

- They will be permanently banned from the server. On first offence. - Regardless of who you are, how long you played, or what sad excuse you have (Or how much you beg following). I've come down hard on users purposely trying to act aggressive/unfriendly in the past and I will be more than happy to do it now.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
It seems that all the staff are really hesitant, and a lot of people know how to argue like two year olds really well. However, I love this seeing as you have no dickish intent, and I think I'm going to get my running shoes on. :D

Blazingsand

Reaction score
This should keep things interesting. Perhaps this is the time as well for a certain brotherhood to make a return...

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Oh trust me.. you won't.

But if someone does start acting dickish in regards to PvP.

- They will be permanently banned from the server. On first offence. - Regardless of who you are, how long you played, or what sad excuse you have (Or how much you beg following). I've come down hard on users purposely trying to act aggressive/unfriendly in the past and I will be more than happy to do it now.
I will make sure we do not do anything considered dickish, but come to think about it...

Getting killed by someone is generally considered a dickish move, so we just have to stop PvPing overall? I have set a few rules for miners/builders and AFK-ers, we won't charge at them without warning, like we would if we met someone out in the open, but still people always complain when they are killed. The point of this thread is to warn everyone on the server that we would kill them on sight, and that they have two choices - run or fight. That is the kind of intensity I am trying to bring on the server.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I will make sure we do not do anything considered dickish, but come to think about it...

That is the kind of intensity I am trying to bring on the server.
Planning to try fully clarify my stance on PvP this friday but to some it up.

PvP in itself is not dickish, but when you say "I'm going to make things more intense for you guys!" i think i can see a lot of people on the server turning around and going "and what if we dont' actually want things to be more intense?"

we'll see how it pans out, if it goes fine and i don't end up with a torrent of complains, t'is cool. If however i end up logging in to a shedload of people bitching about it, things will start to go down :3

Edit - in fact, in rerospect i'm going to retract my statement/opinion on this and see how it pans out for the time being.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Edit - in fact, in rerospect i'm going to retract my statement/opinion on this and see how it pans out for the time being.
Yes, the good thing is that you can blame the playerbase now if it doesnt work out. It is their responsibility now to make it a server everyone loves to play on. A lesson that's quite nice to learn: "My actions have a direct relevance for the wellbeing of others".

NamelessHero

Reaction score
PvP in itself is not dickish, but when you say "I'm going to make things more intense for you guys!" i think i can see a lot of people on the server turning around and going "and what if we dont' actually want things to be more intense?"
Today I went scouting alone, met 5 people, killed 0 of them. One of them was a builder, another was defenceless, so I just went past them, the other 3 hid in their houses respectively. I didn't meet all 5 at one spot(3 different places) but none of them decided to attack me, even though I ran up and down their settlements looking for chests to loot. So I suppose you can choose not to pay attention to the intensity that we are trying to bring, and you can go about your daily routine after we pass by. Should you choose to fight though, we will be there. I think that would be fun, right?

Oh and I decided not to go for the "give me money or you die" system, since it also sounds dickish.

Reactions: chris360kss

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Today I went scouting alone, met 5 people, killed 0 of them. One of them was a builder, another was defenceless, so I just went past them, the other 3 hid in their houses respectively. I didn't meet all 5 at one spot(3 different places) but none of them decided to attack me, even though I ran up and down their settlements looking for chests to loot. So I suppose you can choose not to pay attention to the intensity that we are trying to bring, and you can go about your daily routine after we pass by. Should you choose to fight though, we will be there. I think that would be fun, right?

Oh and I decided not to go for the "give me money or you die" system, since it also sounds dickish.
Try reading the edit. :3

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Update:
Tarno
Namelesshero
Sp3ct3r_2k11
Masterbubu
Mullaccm
Razinao

• Disagree
Reactions: Razinao

NamelessHero

Reaction score
I like the names updates... but fear not we are twice the amount you counted, so the server isn't really safe knowing just those names :) Oh and I've heard tales of some other bands of raiders going about killing people... I like that, the server is kicking up a notch on intensity <3

See what I did there, I said notch ;)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Oooh you have our names. What are you gonna do, shout them out? :(
If you know our names you know who to either kill or run the hell away from. Thats what we want.
Having names allows everyone else to ally against your group, that way we know who to trust, and who not to ;) - Your groups little stunt earlier on me gave us another name and I believe LISTINGS09 killed one of them aswell, I also killed one, though I died because I moved a block closer but I lost no items however.

• Disagree
Reactions: Razinao

rosekill

Reaction score
Oooh you have our names. What are you gonna do, shout them out? :(
If you know our names you know who to either kill or run the hell away from. Thats what we want.
pardon my french but i think you guys are realy stupid in the positioning of your base

and to put this thread on topic whats your goal?

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Also, question for D.E.A.T.H., is there any chance of alliance with any organization?
We ally with the weak to provide protection(well overall we just don't kill them since they are defenseless). If you are a group of many people, most of which capable fighters, then I'd have to say that we would enjoy fighting you. Currently our group has a small alliance with 2 people, who live outside our base, but whom we do not kill and whom we support and protect.