War and Peace

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
PvP is part of the game, I don't see why people rage over it so hard.

[Also, Nameless, if you see this, I'd like to join your clan when I log onto SMP. I had quite the reputation back in Primordia...]
I don't remember any reputation of PvP you had, other than disobeying your family leaders :p

• Disagree
Reactions: Razinao

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
This thread isn't a point-and-mock/laugh/shame thread. -_-. It's simply pointing out, "hey, we're here. run". So please save those past, pointless posts for your own mind to reminiscent over.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
And posts like this help derail the thread.
I've read the argument above (about some primordian rivalry or something) and it has nothing to do with namelesshero's thread. ffs try to think why i posted that. because this thread is starting to get derailed as we speak.

anyways, i don't know why some people see this thread as offensive. again, as what namelesshero stated, it's only a thread stating that we would kill anyone on sight. we're also not PvP gods. we're just looking for danger/excitement/fun/death. but we do abide the rules, so we wouldn't be an arse to everyone on the server. seriously, calm down people.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
And today was the day Knight365 died 5 times to Silvervale.

@Knight365 Why do you keep charging at us with diamond gear and potions? x)

• Agree
Reactions: Digitalis

NamelessHero

Reaction score
And today was the day Knight365 died 5 times to Silvervale.

@Knight365 Why do you keep charging at us with diamond gear and potions? x)
Aww that's a shame, I wish I was online to take that diamond gear... oh well...

On another note, knight isn't one of us ;)

Edit: Chillingworth - Since I don't know you personally, I'd have to consult some of my members to see if we can accept you. Since you are an OP I think you can be trusted, but I'll still have to ask. And as you can see, you won't be making any new friends by joining me.

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Living proof of why most of our SMP servers got shut down again.
I don't know if you are implying that me ruthlessly killing people is shutting down the servers, or if PvP in general does, but I know that I was a PvPer in the treasure-hunt server, freedomville server and the server after that. I don't recall getting into tight ropes with any staff member, except an incident I remember in TS a while back, and so far I feel like most of the players on the server are not against PvP overall. It is true that I'm taking it a bit overboard with my "kill on sight" policy, but I think that without some danger and fear in the everyday life of the players in the server it would be rather boring. Mine resources, build stuff, ask people to look at stuff, the end. I didn't make this thread to threaten anyone, I made it to make sure that people are aware that we are out there, and we will pursue. A prime example - yesterday someone saw me running towards him, he got in his house and locked it. That was it. I didn't break in, since it would be illegal, and I just left. No conflict, no insult, no problem on either side.

Baron_Bread

Concorde
Reaction score
I don't know if you are implying that me ruthlessly killing people is shutting down the servers.
It's the arguments people get into over it. Hell, I got pretty annoyed when Jammy killed me, because I was completely unarmed and unarmoured, but hey, I got over it and it's part of the game. And I went back and punched him anyway (even though he killed me again) so I was okay in the end.
People just get angry over it. Yesterday people were arguing over a death and I can't remember who got pissed off at Razinao but they did argue for a while. A lot of the time it's unexpected circumstances and a fair fight is pretty rare, so people feel cheated, I suppose.
A prime example - yesterday someone saw me running towards him, he got in his house and locked it. That was it. I didn't break in, since it would be illegal, and I just left. No conflict, no insult, no problem on either side.
Smart. If someone ever finds me I'm going to dig a hole three blocks down and cover the top, then say "NO GRIEFING MY SAFETY BOX"

• Haha
Reactions: K1ngHoward

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I don't know if you are implying that me ruthlessly killing people is shutting down the servers, or if PvP in general does, but I know that I was a PvPer in the treasure-hunt server, freedomville server and the server after that.
Wasn't implying that, wasn't talking about you or the intention you had with the thread.

It's the arguments people get into over it.
Correct. PvP on other servers works flawlessly. On Blocktopia it always leads to a rage party, ultimately leading to us having to close the servers or make drastic rule changes. I don't know what it is with this community, but that history always repeats itself. Already warned Malcovent about it, but I am very very very happy if I can be proven wrong this time :)

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Edit: Chillingworth - Since I don't know you personally, I'd have to consult some of my members to see if we can accept you. Since you are an OP I think you can be trusted, but I'll still have to ask. And as you can see, you won't be making any new friends by joining me.
Since I can't seem to be on when you are on any of the servers, TS, or Steam: JAYFEATHER APPROVAL

Reactions: Chillingworth

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
A. As most people can see, people are already starting to mock each other within this thread. As GmK stated, living proof of growing hatred to each other.

B. I've no problem at all with Nameless having his fun, but, there are limits. And to make sure that the line won't be crossed we need some better rules on this raiding. Aye?
I suggest you don't kill people that are in houses. Looks similar like what Deadlock said but I suggest you don't kill people at all that are just building or relaxing in their homes.

C. We don't want this server to be closed just because some people show dickish behaviour for no reason, do we?

Before this thread gets closed or gets derailed I want the people of your gang NamelessHero to improve your rules. Just think about it.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

NamelessHero

Reaction score
A. As most people can see, people are already starting to mock each other within this thread. As GmK stated, living proof of growing hatred to each other.

B. I've no problem at all with Nameless having his fun, but, there are limits. And to make sure that the line won't be crossed we need some better rules on this raiding. Aye?
I suggest you don't kill people that are in houses. Looks similar like what Deadlock said but I suggest you don't kill people at all that are just building or relaxing in their homes.

C. We don't want this server to be closed just because some people show dickish behaviour for no reason, do we?

Before this thread gets closed or gets derailed I want the people of your gang NamelessHero to improve your rules. Just think about it.
Chilling in houses? You mean just staying indoors? As long as there is no way to enter the house without griefing you can stay inside as long as you wish, I already gave an example of what happened to someone who ran inside his house.

Now if we see a builder, he/she would probably be carrying blocks, and no armor, so I'd doubt we would touch him.If he does have armor, I'd just yell his name and ask him the usual "do you feel like fighting?". Possible responses are "please I'm a builder, take this *random item here* and go away!" or "YARR Come here!".

I also explained the raid policy, we won't raid more than twice a day, the interval is set just if more people come and regroup the raided place. Usually we would raid once a day(or once in a few days) and leave it for them to recover.

If we happen to stumble upon a miner, as in we raided an open house and the guy is mining down below, we will alert of our attack, and if he thinks he can take us, he is free to charge at us, but there is also the possibility of paying yourself out of a fight. Which brings me to an idea I just came up with - IF YOU GO MINING, LOCK YOUR DOOR! Or we might find you and you may have a bad mining experience.