Underrated Games

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Trying not to post some game that I love that isn't underrated. I remember seeing a similar post on another forum, and people were putting things like Halo and Skyrim.

A game that doesn't have the attention it deserves? Psychonauts. A very quirky, good game, but so few people have heard of it/ owned it.

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
Trying not to post some game that I love that isn't underrated. I remember seeing a similar post on another forum, and people were putting things like Halo and Skyrim.

A game that doesn't have the attention it deserves? Psychonauts. A very quirky, good game, but so few people have heard of it/ owned it.
I don't think that counts anymore. Critics were going on about how underrated Psychonauts is so much that it ultimately ended up on Steam and became very successful.

Amorix

Reaction score

Wrong.
EDIT: I ment to do the one below Kloud. MINECRAFT isn't underrated.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
The irony of this is not lost on me.
Round two!

Mischief Makers for the N64. It never got the attention of N64 games like Mario Party or Donkey Kong 64, but to this day it remains one of my favorite games.

Amorix

Reaction score
While I still say Penny Racers, I would also like to say Rocket: Robot on Wheels for the Nintendo 64. It's like an unknown classic. :) Am I the only one who notices all my favorite underrated games are old?
Oh, and Kloud, I ment to quote the post below yours. Psychonauts is an interesting example.

Blockinator

Reaction score
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, amazing game, anyone who played it loved it. It just didn't get the attention it deserved.
I want to shed some light in this epic game.
Future Perfect has dozens of weapons, from regular pistols, machine guns, laser guns, miniguns, and so much more.
A cast of eccentric characters that will make you laugh, from zombies to machines.
In the end, get this game.

And Steambot Chronicles is pretty underrated.

Reactions: Refresh100

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Humble indie bundle is usually where indie games go to die, sadly :( ... but I would have to say trine, trine 2 are highly underrated, beautiful games.
World of Goo. Included in the Humble Indie Bundle #1. Made a huge splash and ended up being ported to the Wii.

Braid. Included in the Humble Indie Bundle #2. For a relatively short indie game, it was well known for a long time.

VVVVVV. Included in the Humble Indie Bundle #3. Received very well by most platformer fans.

Bit.Trip.Runner. Included in the Humble Indie Bundle #4. Like World of Goo, this has also made it to the Wii.

Cave Story+. Included in the Humble Indie Bundle #4. This was on the Wii as well. Do I even need to explain how popular this was?

Binding of Isaac. Included in the Humble Voxatron Debut. Made a big splash and was very well received.

Incidentally, I didn't think Trine was all that good. The controls were somewhat clunky and the puzzles felt repetitive after a while. Different opinions, I suppose.

Reactions: Summer10

Blockinator

Reaction score
Im reminded of another underrated gem.
Its called Scourge: The hive, just think Metroid but isometric. This game follows a bounty hunter (Seem familiar) that was hired to investigate an incident that occurred or in base and whatnot. Her ship gets invaded by a strange alien species and falls onto the planet with those aliens. Now she has to fight her way to destroy the hive before it spreads and it has an epic ending.

Amorix

Reaction score
Im reminded of another underrated gem.
Its called Scourge: The hive, just think Metroid but isometric. This game follows a bounty hunter (Seem familiar) that was hired to investigate an incident that occurred or in base and whatnot. Her ship gets invaded by a strange alien species and falls onto the planet with those aliens. Now she has to fight her way to destroy the hive before it spreads and it has an epic ending.
Isotroid?

R

Rizyq

Endless-Online : A great game that I just went back to. It's probably on the verge of collapsing, but playing this game just gives me deep nostalgia. :3
Someone else who actually played Endless Online? Wow!

I played that game YEARS ago, mainly for the social aspect. A few months ago I got back into it for around a week.

One of the only actual MORPG (Not really an MMO, but w/e) that doesn't have any sort of cashshop (at least not that I remember.)

Okami.
It's one of the BEST Action-Adventure games on the Wii. I am not kidding, go out and buy yourself a copy. :D
Yes, I believe it was also originally on the PS2. I really need to pick this game up again, I had it and lost it (tbh, I think it got stolen -_- )

Oh, get ready for a long list.
The Blinx Franchise: It's a cat. With a vacuum cleaner. That doubles as a weapon. That controls TIME. Self explanatory.
Thank you! I remembered playing this game YEARS ago (probably around 7-9 years ago.) I think about it occasionally, but I could never remember what it was called. I remember having so much fun with it.

I'm finding it hard to think of any games that I've played that haven't been listed here. I if I think of anything I'll definitely post it in here.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Thank you! I remembered playing this game YEARS ago (probably around 7-9 years ago.) I think about it occasionally, but I could never remember what it was called. I remember having so much fun with it.
I've actually reminded multiple people of that game already. Still one of my preferred games evah.