Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Vyryn

Reaction score
Yes if TehBrian's claim is true Dess's inspection of Inffy would have reflected to Molten.

Kroppeb

Reaction score
Yeah, unless you believe brian put a reflective barrier on me last night, in which case it should be just purple and notme since the action on me would've reflected onto notme
No, pretty sure it would reflact on ashes. Unless I understood the workings of the reflection wrong. Or I would be bad at maths and I'm not bad at maths

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why does the second post not match with the first?

Btw I'm pretty sure she's saying that because of what her role is, if you were town and saw it, you wouldn't be trying to lynch her since it's a good, townie role

If you're mafia and saw her role then she thinks you're trying to lynch her because you saw her role, know that it's good, and therefore want to lynch her

Since she's a PR and is worried about claiming in case she's nightkilled for it, so if she can survive the day without claiming then she thinks that's better. That's what she's said at least, back on day 0.
But her post doesn't have an "I think you're mafia because you're trying to lynch me" feel to it, does it? The first half of her post specifically:
"If Tim actually saw the roles, why is he trying to lynch me? I'm calling either the role claim is a lie and he's mafia, or he didn't actually see full roles but only alignment. If so, why lynch a townie aligned player anyways?"

To me it feels like it has the thought context of "I know he's town, so I have to try to make sense of why he's be trying to lynch me."

There are protective roles present, and one of them already claimed (whether there are more I don't know), making her relatively safe tonight regardless. She has the same target on her back now, outed as "a powerful town role" as she would having actually claimed.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But her post doesn't have an "I think you're mafia because you're trying to lynch me" feel to it, does it? The first half of her post specifically:
"If Tim actually saw the roles, why is he trying to lynch me? I'm calling either the role claim is a lie and he's mafia, or he didn't actually see full roles but only alignment. If so, why lynch a townie aligned player anyways?"

To me it feels like it has the thought context of "I know he's town, so I have to try to make sense of why he's be trying to lynch me."
She's considering you being mafia. She says:

"I'm calling either the role claim is a lie and he's mafia, or..."

"But if he did see the full role, then he's 100% mafia and a powerful one at that. No one who has seen my character would ever even question, or put me in the line of fire."

"Did you Timdood3 in fact see our full roles, because why would you go after me? That doesn't sound right at all. If I wasn't so hard pressed on Omni you'd ping my godfather radar simply for going after someone like me after claiming to see my role."

There are protective roles present, and one of them already claimed (whether there are more I don't know), making her relatively safe tonight regardless. She has the same target on her back now, outed as "a powerful town role" as she would having actually claimed.
Yeah I agree. But I don't think she does atm.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
although I don't feel she's as safe as you seem to since I predict there'll be some kind of mafia strongman role that gets over protection or reflection, but I agree she's basically painted a target on her back already and if she has information it'd be nice if she could give it to us before she dies. But possible mafia will leave her alive to mislynch tomorrow so

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
although I don't feel she's as safe as you seem to since I predict there'll be some kind of mafia strongman role that gets over protection or reflection, but I agree she's basically painted a target on her back already and if she has information it'd be nice if she could give it to us before she dies. But possible mafia will leave her alive to mislynch tomorrow so
oops I should finish that sentence instead of assuming you'll know what I mean

...so I'm not insistent she claims, but I'd personally like her to if she has information

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
She's considering you being mafia. She says:

"I'm calling either the role claim is a lie and he's mafia, or..."

"But if he did see the full role, then he's 100% mafia and a powerful one at that. No one who has seen my character would ever even question, or put me in the line of fire."

"Did you Timdood3 in fact see our full roles, because why would you go after me? That doesn't sound right at all. If I wasn't so hard pressed on Omni you'd ping my godfather radar simply for going after someone like me after claiming to see my role."

This is the paragraph in question right here, in it's entirety:
On a more serious pressing matter, if Tim actually saw the roles, why is he trying to lynch me? I'm calling either the role claim is a lie and he's mafia, or he didn't actually see full roles but only alignment. If so, why lynch a townie aligned player anyways? But if he did see the full role, then he's 100% mafia and a powerful one at that. No one who has seen my character would ever even question, or put me in the line of fire. Please take this seriously because it's a gameplay aiming at town's neck for sure.
While yes, that latter part does state that she's considering me being mafia, however, I'm focusing directly on the bolded part where she's saying: "If he knows my role, he shouldn't be pushing me, but since he is pushing me, he must have only seen my alignment, but if he's town, then why is he trying to lynch me at all?"

The point I'm trying to make here is that: The bolded portions of her post are clearly already in the mindset that I'm town. Her rhetoric doesn't make sense in the context of her thinking I'm mafia. You can see my reasoning even if you don't agree with it, right?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is the paragraph in question right here, in it's entirety:

While yes, that latter part does state that she's considering me being mafia, however, I'm focusing directly on the bolded part where she's saying: "If he knows my role, he shouldn't be pushing me, but since he is pushing me, he must have only seen my alignment, but if he's town, then why is he trying to lynch me at all?"

The point I'm trying to make here is that: The bolded portions of her post are clearly already in the mindset that I'm town. Her rhetoric doesn't make sense in the context of her thinking I'm mafia. You can see my reasoning even if you don't agree with it, right?
If that's how you're interpreting her thought process then yeah I can see what you mean. I just don't see it in the same way.

I see it as "tim's doing x. why? i think either a) he's scum and doing x, or b) he's town but just didn't see my role properly and therefore is doing x. but then again if he is town and didn't see my role properly, why would he be doing x in that scenario as well? but if he did see my role properly then i think he's definitely mafia."

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If that's how you're interpreting her thought process then yeah I can see what you mean. I just don't see it in the same way.

I see it as "tim's doing x. why? i think either a) he's scum and doing x, or b) he's town but just didn't see my role properly and therefore is doing x. but then again if he is town and didn't see my role properly, why would he be doing x in that scenario as well? but if he did see my role properly then i think he's definitely mafia."
slight adjustment:

"tim's doing x. why? i think either a) he's scum and doing x, or, since i think he could be doing it as town but only if he didn't see my role properly, b) he's town and doing x since he didn't see my role properly. but then again if he is town and didn't see my role properly, why would he be doing x in that scenario as well? but if he did see my role properly then i think he's definitely mafia."

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
slight adjustment:

"tim's doing x. why? i think either a) he's scum and doing x, or, since i think he could be doing it as town but only if he didn't see my role properly, b) he's town and doing x since he didn't see my role properly. but then again if he is town and didn't see my role properly, why would he be doing x in that scenario as well? but if he did see my role properly then i think he's definitely mafia."
and I think this part she's actually thinking 'hm so maybe he is just mafia then since this doesn't make sense as a townie to do either...'

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Let's make it even more simple because wow...

If the person who saw my role saw the full role and is still after me = they are mafia or are lying about seeing it
If the person saw only alignment = they are a townie doubting me and rightfully so since we still have 3rd parties running around

Regardless of what they saw, they wouldn't push for a lynch. So either lying, or mafia are the only options here for said claims.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Let's make it even more simple because wow...

If the person who saw my role saw the full role and is still after me = they are mafia or are lying about seeing it
If the person saw only alignment = they are a townie doubting me and rightfully so since we still have 3rd parties running around

Regardless of what they saw, they wouldn't push for a lynch. So either lying, or mafia are the only options here for said claims.
Why were you so sure that omni didn't disable aqua earlier?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Timdood3 a while back you said you thought me and purple had the same alignment. I asked why and you just talked about why you thought we were both mafia. If purple is town, do you think I'm town too and vice versa? Or is the only connection you're making that if one of us is scum, the other is too?

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 31 March 2019 UTC 22:00.

Omni - 6 (Purplepixies, MoltenAshes, TehBrian, Vyryn, Unusual_Dood, Notme) [L-2]
Purplepixies - 4 (Stranger from planet 9, Timdood3, Aqua, Dess) [L-4]
Vyryn - 3 (Infected_Alien8, Omni, Nottykitten) [L-5]

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch and 7 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-lynch.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Timdood3 a while back you said you thought me and purple had the same alignment. I asked why and you just talked about why you thought we were both mafia. If purple is town, do you think I'm town too and vice versa? Or is the only connection you're making that if one of us is scum, the other is too?
Yeah I think you guys would be the same alignment as town as well.

I'm losing confidence that her lynch will ever happen, though. Looking just at the votes right now, it would make sense that the train with the most votes has most of the mafia on it, assuming the vote is on a town member, while the train with fewer votes could be a mafia member. What I mean is, if Omni is town, can we please lynch purple tomorrow? (Unless there's some reason not to that I'm missing?)

Unvote
Vote Omni

Nottykitten you said you'd be fine hammering omni, right?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm losing confidence that her lynch will ever happen, though. Looking just at the votes right now, it would make sense that the train with the most votes has most of the mafia on it, assuming the vote is on a town member, while the train with fewer votes could be a mafia member. What I mean is, if Omni is town, can we please lynch purple tomorrow? (Unless there's some reason not to that I'm missing?)
I guess this also applies vice versa if Omni is mafia, then most of the mafia votes would be on purple and I've been a fool.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah I think you guys would be the same alignment as town as well.
Why?

Also the thing I'm concerned about omni is that his action is uncc and seems slightly unlikely the Mafia have a one shot disabler (and if he wasn't one shot I think he'd probably not say he was in case a tracker caught him in the future? But maybe he just didn't think of that)

Also dess's resistance on him felt like he didn't want to be involved in hammering him since he knows he'll flip town

But vy's reaction felt a bit like a bus

So I dunno

We'll probably need to resolve him at some point any ways I guess

He is acting completely different to before and being a lot less driven to lynch but maybe that's not relevant to his alignment? But maybe not

I still think he's scummier than the majority of people in this game, I still have him as "slight scum" in my mind and could easily see him as Mafia, just his claim and dess's reaction to him worries me

Anyway that's it for my morning rant I'm going out now